RealOne Player on MS-Smartphone

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

You can play RA and RM files on your MS-Smartphone using the PocketPC version of RealOne player.

Kindly spare some time reading the following guides:

1. The manual method (by looeee)

http://www.modaco.com/Howto_Install_RealPl...ne-t223297.html

2. The semi-automatic method (semi-auto since registry associations are taken care of by the cab file)

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4011/realplayersp0nj.jpg

Please bear in mind that we cannot post the RealOne files at the forum (even if the PPC player is freeware) so we have to resolve to the do-it-yourself guides.

Thus, do it on your own machine, for your own device.

Thanks. :)

• 6 months later...
Guest danchick84

Could someone kindly post the realplayer files on this forum? I was unable to run the setup, it kept giving me a prompt that I needed to install Activesync, which I already had installed, but still gave me the same prompt(message). Help would be much appreciated.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Could someone kindly post the realplayer files on this forum?

Please re-read the first post

Please bear in mind that we cannot post the RealOne files at the forum (even if the PPC player is freeware) so we have to resolve to the do-it-yourself guides.

• 3 months later...
Guest sruthika

Hi,

The procedure is perfect. I have copied realplayer on my O2 Xphone (spv e200) and its working great. I can run .rm and .ra files.

But when I go to bbc to stream .ram files, I get a message that "Response or data from server timed out".

I know that it has something to do with the streaming settings in realplayer. If only there was a much better way to scroll or use the joystick in realplayer, we can solve this problem too :)

Is there any other solution for streaming?

Guest pavankp
Hi,

The procedure is perfect. I have copied realplayer on my O2 Xphone (spv e200) and its working great. I can run .rm and .ra files.

But when I go to bbc to stream .ram files, I get a message that "Response or data from server timed out".

I know that it has something to do with the streaming settings in realplayer. If only there was a much better way to scroll or use the joystick in realplayer, we can solve this problem too :)

Another question to add: does this work on WM5? I know it's lame to ask without attempting it, but trying to get some easy answers :).

Pavan

• 3 months later...
Guest brfc1875
Hi,

I also have this problem. RealOne Player works fine for .rm and .ra files but won't play .ram files, such as BBC media streams. Does anyone have a work around for this