how can I unlock c550 without a sim card? (in USA)

Guest bkdiem

Guest bkdiem

i just received a c550 in the mail + am going about trying to unlock it so I can use it with t-mobile in the USA.

my first obvious problem is that I don't have an orange sim card so I can't run the .cabfile from the phone. is there a workaround that I can fun from the pc??

second (perhaps first) how can I app unlock the phone from the USA. I'm certain that I canot use the orage website to do this, since I'm not on therir network.

ay suggestions / help?

thank you,

diem

Guest hotphil

As far as app unlocking goes, can you not use the PC version from here http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/downloaddef.aspx ?

If you need an Orange SIM, they occasionally give them away free, and I'm sure if you ask around here you may find someone with a spare.

I have one that I'd happily send you, but I've got builders doing some work at the moment and with the carnage I have no idea where it is. Gi's a shout in a couple of weeks if you still need one.

As far as app unlocking goes, can you not use the PC version from here http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/downloaddef.aspx ?

If you need an Orange SIM, they occasionally give them away free, and I'm sure if you ask around here you may find someone with a spare.

I have one that I'd happily send you, but I've got builders doing some work at the moment and with the carnage I have no idea where it is. Gi's a shout in a couple of weeks if you still need one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Theres always the pay for option if you're as impatient as me :roll:

I got me C550 yesterday and 2 min later (and 20 pound unfortunatly, through paypal) I had it sim unlocked.

gerryR

Theres always the pay for option if you're as impatient as me  :roll:

I got me C550 yesterday and 2 min later (and 20 pound unfortunatly, through paypal) I had it sim unlocked.

gerryR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course if I added the link that might be a help :oops: Doh !!

http://www.imei-check.co.uk

gerryR

Guest m1.carson

Got my MPx200 unlocked via GSM software cost approx. £12-00, and Orange sim cards are £1-00 off the Orange site, or £5-00 in the shop.

I switched to Fresh network, [which is T-mobile] and couldn't get a signal at home or over the pub, had to go back to Orange.

Looked at Easymobile and Mobile World and they both use T-Mobile as their carrier.

Just a thought, how did you get a C500 without a sim card ? perhaps it's unlocked already.

Guest bkdiem
Got my MPx200 unlocked via GSM software cost approx. £12-00, and Orange sim cards are £1-00 off the Orange site, or £5-00 in the shop.

I switched to Fresh network, [which is T-mobile] and couldn't get a signal at home or over the pub, had to go back to Orange.

Looked at Easymobile and Mobile World and they both use T-Mobile as their carrier.

Just a thought, how did you get a C500 without a sim card ? perhaps it's unlocked already.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

e-bay special.

I think I'll just go ahead and pay for the unlock, I did it once before without problems. too bad, would have been nice to save £20

Guest bkdiem
Of course if I added the link that might be a help  :oops:  Doh !!

http://www.imei-check.co.uk

gerryR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$38 later... works perfect.

thanks for the link.

-diem

to all other USA customers... if you're buying this phone from overseas, be sure to ask fo r an ORANGE SIM card in order to save $40.

if I had any orange sim card I could have unlocked it for free.

$38 later... works perfect.

thanks for the link.

-diem

to all other USA customers... if you're buying this phone from overseas, be sure to ask fo r an ORANGE SIM card in order to save $40.

if I had any orange sim card I could have unlocked it for free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you got sorted, pity about the 20 squid all right but now you've got it unlocked it's worth it.

Enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bkdiem
bkdiem, where did you buy it, how much you paid for it (phone, shipping & handling, taxes, etc) ?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I paid 250 (uk pounds) appx 450USD

shipping was 25(uk) abbx $40usd

plus the $40 to unlock tha damn thing.

I like it, and am happy to pay too much for the latest tech crap.

-diem

Guest Confucious
I like it, and am happy to pay too much for the latest tech crap.

-diem

:)

It's now out on PAYG in the UK for £180 (In case you don't know PAYG is no contract) so you shouldn't be paying much more than that now and you'll get an Orange SIM (useless in the USA - except for free unlocking)

As with all tech stuff, as soon as you buy it the price drops, but if we must be first to get our gadgets we put up with it!