m500 cAr cradel

Guest Chevvy

I just received the Brodit cradle for the i-mate jam and can confirm it

fits okay.  I got this plus the proclip for my car from GPSforLess for

39.99.  Not the cheapest option but certainly worth the money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

errr I wouldn't say this adapter fits the M500 at all well. Just wasted £30 on one from expansys. The Holder is about 5mm too wide. Securing groves within the adapter also too wide.

M500 will either fall through into the back of the cradle or just fall out all together. Haven't bothered fitting to car as it plainly won't hold the phone in place.

Look elsewhere this isn't the holder your looking for.

I also bought the Brodit from Expansys after reading this thread. Mine should arrive today and I'll let you all know after I've tried it out later this eve.

You haven't wasted your money though flump as expansys will let you send it back for a full refund if you aren't happy with it. Which is what I might need to do too.

I also bought the Brodit from Expansys after reading this thread. Mine should arrive today and I'll let you all know after I've tried it out later this eve.

You haven't wasted your money though flump as expansys will let you send it back for a full refund if you aren't happy with it. Which is what I might need to do too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point. Will send it back. Expansys are normally pretty good on compatibility so when I saw it listed under M500 accessories in conjunction with that post I thought it would be a safe bet.

Oh well the search continues. If anyone knows of a good quality holder that isn't one of those generic bulky items, please post a link.

Good point. Will send it back.  Expansys are normally pretty good on compatibility so when I saw it listed under M500 accessories in conjunction with that post I thought it would be a safe bet.

Oh well the search continues. If anyone knows of a good quality holder that isn't one of those generic bulky items, please post a link.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know which cradle you brought, but I have the brodit cradle for the m500 and its a perfect fit.

Yes mine fits snuggly too I guess expansys sent the wrong model.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks that way doesn't it. Could I ask you guy's to post the model number of the part.

I've got, well I think I've got a I-mate JAM passive holder with Tilt/Swivel.

Stock Code 119615

Mfr SKU 848625

The item number on the back of the holder is 848626

Looks that way doesn't it. Could I ask you guy's to post the model number of the part.

I've got, well I think I've got a I-mate JAM passive holder with Tilt/Swivel.

Stock Code 119615

Mfr SKU 848625

The item number on the back of the holder is 848626

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Solved it. Just checked the brodit web site. The 848626 holder is for the IPOD (very similar in size) the 848625 is the one for the Imate Jam / M500.

So right bag. wrong holder. Doh!

Thanks for you help chaps.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had exactly the same issue today ie Expansys sent the right packaging but the wrong cradle.  :cry:

AC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like the expansys packing elves have been on the scrumpy again

Sent mine back for replacement yesterday.

Will update when they get back to me. Am hoping they can just swap and resend. Dont really want the hassle of refund and reorder from somebody else.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mike-oh

I got a free holder with my original SPV a couple of years back. My Jam fits lovely, i'm going to try some DIY engineering on it tomorrow to try fit it to my airvents. I'll let you know how it goes!

Alternatively (since i just spent the best part of £200 on TomTom nav 5 this week) i'm going to try this cheapo jobby from argos. I've bought a dirt cheap charger of eBay too. I tried my old MPX200 car charger....the screen comes on full brightness as if it's receiving power but i get no indication of charging :|

Edited by mike-oh

Guest mike-oh
I got a free holder with my original SPV a couple of years back. My Jam fits lovely, i'm going to try some DIY engineering on it tomorrow to try fit it to my airvents. I'll let you know how it goes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update! I butchered a couple of Airwick car freshners and took the clips off the back of them and screwed them onto the back of my old cradle...it now holds wonderfully onto the vents in my car ;)

I can post pictures if anyone's interested.

Guest maxwell_hung

mike-oh did you try the holder from argos?

I've got to send mine back to mobile-fun but they won't send me a replacement till they receive the old one back and I really need something before Wednesday.

Guest mike-oh
mike-oh did you try the holder from argos?

I've got to send mine back to mobile-fun but they won't send me a replacement till they receive the old one back and I really need something before Wednesday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No i'm afraid not, i fixed my old one up nicely. From the picture on Arogs' website it looks virtually identitical to the one i have so i think it'd be ok. I don't know how it attaches to the vents but i can recommend the butchering of the clips on the back of an in car air freshner if you can't get it to work!

Sounds like the expansys packing elves have been on the scrumpy again

Sent mine back for replacement yesterday.

Will update when they get back to me.  Am hoping they can just swap and resend. Dont really want the hassle of refund and reorder from somebody else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Received the correct holder from expansys this morning. Fits fine. I'd recommend it.