How do I 'wake up' Bluetooth using OpenNETCF

Guest Maxrom

Guest Maxrom

If anyone can help with this, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm working on a GPS application, and testing on my C500 and a Bluetooth GPS receiver (The application is SmartGPS, available from the freeware -> travel section on this site).

Everything seems to work fine when I create a new paring with the GPS receiver, and create a new COM port for the BT GPS device. However, if I turn either the phone or the GPS unit off, or sometimes if they just go out of range of each other, I cannot get the two to talk again without deleting the pairing, and pairing the two again (and of course, recreating the COM port mapping).

I thought this might have originally been a problem with the phone or GPS unit, but I notice TomTom manages to find and use the GPS device without the need to re-pair them.

I'm using OpenNETCF to provide serial communication, but simply opening the COM port doesnt appear to be sufficient to 'wake up' the BT connection if it's been lost.

Has anyone got any advice they can give on this please? Also, if anyone would be willing to try this application out on their hardware, and see if they have a similar issue, just so I can rule out my GPS unit and phone, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest prerak_v_shah

Hi,

Currently I am making the same kind of GPS application using TomTom device and i am facing the same sort of problem you have described.

There is no reply to your post and i would like to have some solution if you have got already.

Thanks,

Prerak V. Shah

Edited by prerak_v_shah

Hi,

I did find a solution, but not programatically. As far as I could tell, the problem was due to the secure connection option on the C500 I was using to develop with. By creating the COM port mapping without using a secured connection, it worked fine. In the absence of any other solution, I simply stated in the guide for my application that you shouldnt use secure connections when hooking up the GPS.

HTH.

Hi,

Currently I am making the same kind of GPS application using TomTom device and i am facing the same sort of problem you have described.

There is no reply to your post and i would like to have some solution if you have got already.

Thanks,

Prerak V. Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>