• 158 posts
  • Interests:People
    Technology
    Food
    Sport
    Rum
  • Devices:Desire S / Nexus 7
hi all,

noobie to the forums (not smartphones) making his first post simply to say THANK YOU DRBLOW... After my recent C500 to Qtek rom update I lost the orange homescreen plugin and couldnt find a homescreen I liked, untill I found this... Really top work, mucho apprecio! Keep up the good work...

DRBLOW - Could there be anything orange homescreen esq in the making as I really miss the orange homescrren and as the newest Orange update ROM link doesn't work theres no way for me to go back?

Cheers,

Veef13

HTC Desire S - MIUI v4
Nexus 7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Interests:acid jazz, coffee, cigarettes & tweaking my SPV!!
Thanks very much veef13, & welcome to modaco! :(

If you mean is there a plugin in the making that would replace the orange plugin then I would have to say no to that. Unfortunately O seem to have lost the will to improve the homescreen. The c550 has nothing new in terms of plugins, and the c500 plugin was a bit of a letdown in terms of customisation - which was disappointing, since the orange shortcuts plugin is effectively the most versatile & functional by a long shot.

However, I reckon that facade by SBSH will become a homescreen force to be reckoned with in the not too distant future. It is still in beta stage, but the developments are moving along fairly quickly, and some of the ideas for the future there sound amazing - battery/system monitors, agenda tabs etc etc. It also is due to feature some amazing customisation capabilities, so I would recommend keeping up to date with that. :o

"... time is an illusion ... lunchtime doubly so ..."
http://monosapiens.9f.com

jamieg1

jamieg1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Audiovox 5600
i was wondering if it was possible to change the font size of the tasks and calendar text. its a bit small for these eyes. is this a matter of messing with the xml?

jamieg1

jamieg1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Anyone know how to change the font size of the calendar and task descriptions on this homescreen?

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Interests:acid jazz, coffee, cigarettes & tweaking my SPV!!
Just open the xml file & change the font-size="" in the facade plugin.

jamieg1

jamieg1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Just open the xml file & change the font-size="" in the facade plugin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks that did it! is there any way to get a "snapshot" of my screen so i can post it? there is a tinnnny vertical white line in the calendar area of the screen and not sure why its there. thanks again and great homescreen!

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Interests:acid jazz, coffee, cigarettes &amp; tweaking my SPV!!
Glad that worked for you! :o If you look around the forum there are a couple of screenshot apps, or you can use remote display to show your phone screen on your PC desktop. A quick search will find them for you.

I am aware of the issues with this screen, and the new version of facade. The little white line is a seperator, and I need to edit the xml some more for it to work with the new version of facade. I'm still busy now working on other screens, but I will try to update this one as there have been plenty of requests.

jamieg1

jamieg1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Ive got one more question...actually two. is there any way to change from 24 hr time to standard 12hr time? also, ive got an SMT5600 and noticed that the battery meter and memory meter dont show up. the % is there but no meter. is this just bc its an audiovox?

de vetnek

de vetnek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi there!

I've installed the Homescreen (GV2000) on a Imate Sp3 It's working fine except for some minorities. (2 to be precise)

1: When selecting Calendar or To do List it does not get highlighted but it gets blanked. I think this can be changed in the XML file manually by changing colours. The only way is how and where?

2: The fontsize of the facade plugin is is a tiny size 6. When I copy it across and change it to 10 and copy it back to storage\application data\home\ the font remains 6. when I select the facade as stand alone the font increases to 10 :?:
Even funnier is when I delete the Facade plugin GV2000 keeps on thinking that it's still there even after resetting the phone (off/on)
so I'm a bit puzzled about that one..

Anyone there to help me solve these 2 minor things??

The rest of the job has been carried out perfectly! :o It's also working outstanding on my C550

Edited by de vetnek, 13 October 2005 - 10:51 AM.

merlin001

merlin001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Shadow
I've got a HTC Shadow, and I'm trying to get DrBlowGV2000 working on it. I've got all the plugins installed, but the home screen is still off. Any suggestions?

Attached File  pc_capture1.jpg   62.45KB   7 downloads Attached File  pc_capture2.jpg   64.12KB   8 downloads

macdre

macdre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Blackjack, Pantech Duo
wow bruhh u posted in a thread that hasnt been active for 3 years

merlin001

merlin001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts