Updated "Update Found!"

Guest theanarch1st

Guest theanarch1st

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p..._Unidirectional

See above, I have installed this and will advise in the next few days if this removes the silent caller issue as stated. If this is the case, i would advise this is made a sticky :)

thank god for Imate if it is, i can finally use me blue tooth again

if not darn them and there evil ways :evil: haha. jus have to wait till the universal if not.

EDIT: This after much testing does unfortunately not resolve the bluetooth problems with the device. I have been now able to reproduce the b'tooth headset not there issue within hours of each other, therefore this fix does not do as I originally thought it may do. Sorry if i got anyone's hopes up. It did seem to slow the affects down for a little while, I may try a soft reset and see how long it takes.

Edited by theanarch1st

Guest Pondrew

I hate to crush your hopes but assuming the cab mentioned is included in I-Mates latest rom for the PDA2k (1.40) then it doesn't fix it. How do I know? I've been using the latest I-Mate rom for a couple of months and the problem still occurs.

UPDATE: Been looking for confirmation that the cab is included in the latest rom's extended rom but unable so far (partly as distracted at work). Can anyone else confirm?

Edited by Pondrew

Guest theanarch1st

i believe it has only recently been released as the wiki has been updated and the 1.40 rom was released ages ago. the post about this update (tho i can't confirm as i don't have an i-mate) was only made on 10/08/05 therefore i'm presuming it is recent.

I have installed it and as of yet have had no silent caller issue using bluetooth for the whole day. I have yet to have the silent caller issue which i could replicate with ease before installing the patch.

Guest Pondrew

Excellent news if it does fix it. Will check if that cab is in my Extended Rom when I get home.

I was checking the threads on XDA-Developers about this and saw one post saying the problem was still occuring on someones device when using a wired headset though.

Guest theanarch1st
Excellent news if it does fix it. Will check if that cab is in my Extended Rom when I get home.

I was checking the threads on XDA-Developers about this and saw one post saying the problem was still occuring on someones device when using a wired headset though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well its taken me more than 15 hours of constant fiddling to try and replicate the fault and I'm sad to say it does still occur, however I have been running games and wifi and btooth constantly for the whole day trying to make it happen.

It may not be a complete fix however I am now using my bluetooth again as it does indeed seem to make it harder for the error to arise, either that or my phone has just plain fixed itself and become more immune (artificial M2000 :) )

will keep this updated if it starts occuring more often once I return to normal daily usage.