Beta player problems

Guest neuty

i`ve installed the new version off TCPMP 0.66 & the test version 0.66e from there own web site but i can`t get them to work .

each one i try i have the same error.they freeze up when trying to play anything.mp3s are fine but they can crash to.

i`ve app unlocked and it still don`t work .

any ideas

thanks

neuty

Edited by neuty

Guest gsm122448
i`ve installed the new version off TCPMP 0.66 & the test version 0.66e from there own web site but i can`t get them to work .

each one i try i have the same error.they freeze up when trying to play anything.mp3s are fine but they can crash to.

i`ve app unlocked and it still don`t work .

any ideas

thanks

neuty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This one got me to. What you need to do is change the video driver that BetaPlayer uses from GAPI to GDI (Options>Video>Video Driver>GDI)

Guest barkythedog

i have a similar problem even when using the raw fame buffer it drops frames by the bucket load, i seem to recall there was a similar problem on the c500 when it first came out.the other problem is what settings to use when encoding with pocket encoder dufus, any help would be appriciated, the dog

Edited by barkythedog

Guest TheBadger

I've been using betaPlayer on my C550 and have had no trouble what so ever. It's not the TCMP build but an older version i think. Videos look sweet on the QVGA screen.

ive installed version 0.5 today and is working fine except i can`t get any wmv working it keeps saying that the wmv1 & 2 are not installed.

any ideas

thanks

neuty

Guest barkythedog

Neuty i cant seem to download version 0.5 from the site any chance you could email it to me please mate [email protected] i thought i had it as i have a few versions kicking about but no, cheers the dog

Edited by barkythedog

Dog 0.5 is on its way

neuty

edit: problems with email dog,keeps returning them saying can`t deliver

sorry i will keep trying

Edited by neuty

I'm using the 0.66e version and i'm having no problems at all,

all videos open fine and framerate is excellent, can watch all of team america or my family guys at 320x240 without any sort of slowdown.

If you wanna ask anything bout my setup feel free incase its is something else causing problems.

Also i've run it using raw frame buffer and gdi and could see no difference.

Guest barkythedog

Twain mate what settings are you encoding with and what programe are you using any help would be good i thought i had it cracked till this phone came along

Just using the Pocket divx encoder but setting it to pocket pc instead of smartphone for the right resolution, i've encoded a few using full picture quality and about medium sound quality (Still more than enough for the phone speaker) and it handles it fine

Click here for the website to download it

I always used virtual dub before but havent noticed any drop in quality and this is much quicker!

Twain i notice that you have a c500 not a c550, is this right, because that may be why you are getting no problems running 0.66e.

i am using a c550, which i have now hard reset to try to get this program to work ,plus a lot of crap on there to ,so killing 2 birds with one stone

I'm running version 0.66 on my C550 and havent had any problems at all. I am encoding avi's using pocketdivxencoder in ppc format and it works perfectly, watched an episode of CSI on the way to work this morning.

Oh no sorry haven't updated my profile i'm using a C550 now, did have a C500 but upgraded, To be honest never had problems with it on any of my phones.

If theres anything you want me to test let me know,

currently i'm running it app unlocked using the reg tweak,

got a few things installed but nothing major (smart explorer and so on)

encoding using the pocket divx encoder and it all runs fine,

can use GDI or rawframe buffer with no slowdown on entire movies,

I have an episode of family guy encoded with the video set to 20 (360Kbps)

and audio to 3 (mono 48Kbps) at 320x240 and it can play with no problems including when other stuff is still in memory like media player, smart explorer ect. so there is much less available RAM.

Dunno if that helps give a sort of standard to go by of what you should expect!

Guest barkythedog

Twain mate is any chance you can run a few mins of film and then check the media info and see how many dropped frames you have cheers the dog

Edited by barkythedog

right i`ve got mine working now.

had to hard reset,& have installed 0.66,and all is fine.

videos mp3 avi .

barky just ran f4 for 3 mins and its played 3219 frames and dropped 13.

i guess this is good.

ok neuty

Ran family guy using GDI driver for 4 mins and 12 secs coming to a total of 6044 frames, checked the info and was 0 dropped out of those 6044, its running at 23.9 fps as well if that helps.

I can make a small sample of the vid for you to try if you wanted as a direct comparison?

Just to test I did it using the raw frame buffer and it dropped 5 out of 6027!

Edited by Twain