New free SMS site launched

Guest AgentSMS.com

Guest AgentSMS.com

AgentSMS.com is pleased to announce the launch of its new web based free SMS site. While AgentSMS is in its infancy, we are working behind the scenes to beef up the features across the board.

AgentSMS offers more free SMS's than any of its competitors at 32 per month. Save some money, save some time. Tell your friends too!

Your comments and criticism would be appreciated.

*Please excuse us if this was posted in the wrong area, feel free to relocate it. Thank you.

Guest mavisdavis

I've just registered and got my code straight away.

Then tried to log in and it just keeps sending me to the 1st page again to register.

Am I gonna get bomberded with junk text now agentsms?

And does it let you know when you've used all your free texts?

Guest tsutton
I've just registered and got my code straight away.

Then tried to log in and it just keeps sending me to the 1st page again to register.

You're brave to use your phone number with the site. What if it's an £1.50 a text scam?

There is no "About Us" info, or anything else. Just a page that asks for your number.

The site is too new!!

Guest mavisdavis

Somebody has to try these things so others don't get scammed.

If your in any doubt dont join untill i can log in and start to abuse the free texts. Then I 'll call Orange and let them know about the site so I don't get charged :)

God knows why I do these silly things. Ive got 500 free txt a month from Orange and I'll never use them.lol

Oh well hang fire untill I get confirmation from my Network provider about htis ;) Or if Agentsms can confirm on this public forum that there are no hidden costs or catches like passing my nuber to a trillion other firms :(

Guest AgentSMS.com
Somebody has to try these things so others don't get scammed.

If your in any doubt dont join untill i can log in and start to abuse the free texts. Then I 'll call Orange and let them know about the site so I don't get charged :)

God knows why I do these silly things. Ive got 500 free txt a month from Orange and I'll never use them.lol

Oh well hang fire untill I get confirmation from my Network provider about htis ;) Or if Agentsms can confirm on this public forum that there are no hidden costs or catches like passing my nuber to a trillion other firms :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are NO hidden costs. We make our money once the service gets popular we will charge for more than 32 messages per month, or we will sell small footer advertising. =)

MavisDavis, what browser are you using?

Edit: Also we will never sell your number to third parties. Please remember this site is currently in beta testing so any feedback is greatly appreciated. We want to get the functionality down and the bugs worked out then more concentration will go into the site look, feel and information. Thank you.

Edited by AgentSMS.com

Guest AgentSMS.com
that looks Horrendously dodgy!!! i'll be interested to see if it's for real or not

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What looks dodgy about it? The site is in beta mode and will be 'prettied' up once the programming bugs have been ironed out. Thank you for your comments we are paying close attention to this thread.

Guest AgentSMS.com
what do you get out of this? i mean, how do you make your money...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We make our money once the service gets popular we will charge for more than 32 messages per month, or we will sell small footer advertising. =)

:)

Guest confused and hungover

fair enough... i struggle to get through my current 300 free sms per month, but if i ever need an extra 30, i'll most certainly come to you :)

Guest AgentSMS.com
fair enough... i struggle to get through my current 300 free sms per month, but if i ever need an extra 30, i'll most certainly come to you :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) Cheers! Please also note that these SMS's can be sent to virtually any country in the world at no charge and also they can be sent ANONYMOUSLY. This means you can select who is identified as the sender.

For example, as a gag, send a message to a friend "I just found marijuana in your room, call me now!" And make it from his dad's phone number ;-)

Edited by AgentSMS.com

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Cool. It works. Not the marijuana thing.

My suggestions:

- Edit your page and write something about your company so potential users will not find it 'dodgy'.

- If you double your free SMS offers, I will tell all my friends about your service. :)

Guest mavisdavis
Cool. It works. Not the marijuana thing.

My suggestions:

- Edit your page and write something about your company so potential users will not find it 'dodgy'.

- If you double your free SMS, I will tell all my friends about your service.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But marijuana does work :(

Only joking ;) never touch the stuff [-(

off to try and log in again

Guest LadFromWales85
For example, as a gag, send a message to a friend "I just found marijuana in your room, call me now!" And make it from his dad's phone number ;-)

I'm not sure if there are any laws against spoofing the senders phone number on an SMS, but I can see nothing but bad things coming from the ability to do this...

Guest tsutton
For example, as a gag, send a message to a friend "I just found marijuana in your room, call me now!"  And make it from his dad's phone number ;-)

That's open to abuse. And you're encouraging it. That's pretty bad. I'd not use your service.

And I'm sure it's illegal to spoof the 'From' sender.

Guest ndiqbal

Cant login.

1) sent my mobile number

2) got sms confirmation code

3) Typed mobile number and confirmation code (Case sensitive)

4) goes back to the main screen

Also indicated that you can send 30 SMS in a month not 32!

Pls advise.

Thanks

Guest tsutton

If AgentSMS.com is going to be run as a business one day, then their domain name details must show the business details. Guess what it is at the moment? Protected & hidden away.

Another thing that you needs to be aware of...

Guest mavisdavis

Agentsms. you've gotto understand that us lot on here are not your average chav teenager. We are a serious bunch (exception to Beery and a few others lol ) of ppeople that have respect for things in life.

So when someone comes along and and says ITS FREE then we tend to look into it a little bit more than most.

And for everyones information Ive not recieved 1 dodgy txt today :)

But thanks for the heads up even tho I stil cant log in yet. Im using IE6 and Ive tried clearing my cache and cookies ect..ect.ect..

Guest AgentSMS.com
i actually put in my phone number sometime yesterday afternoon and i don't even have a confirmation number yet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think maybe you put in the country code wrong perhaps? If you were in the UK it would look like 44777777777 Just make sure it begins with only the code, and no 0's.

• 3 weeks later...