- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

nealwalters

nealwalters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just upgraded to the M500, and already have Microsoft Voice Command - A fantastic programme used on my previous phone. However I cannot uninstall or turn off Voice Dialler that was pre installed on the M500, and subsequently would be using memory would it not???

Question is, does anybody know how to disable the programme and more importantly stop it using hot key No 4 (Notes) by default, I can't seem to alter the settings on the phone to stop Voice Dialler using key 4. I've gone into the settings and buttons bit and set key 4 to everything but it still defaults to Voice Dialler.

The phone is fantastic, more user friendly than the M2000 as a phone, will all the features of the M2000 (without wifi, wich i never use anyway), but this is the only glitch that I've come across so far.

Moko 1

Moko 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:M600
I had exactly the same problem, the only way I found to get rid of the annoying Fonix button problem was to completly get rid of Fonix itself.
The way I did this was to do the Hard Reset / Soft Reset described elsewhere on the forum, unfortunately the back up system failed to work so I had to reinstall everything again but it was worth it to get rid of Fonix and be able to asign a button for Voice Command. :) ;)

carlosfandango

carlosfandango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:SVP M500

I had exactly the same problem, the only way I found to get rid of the annoying Fonix button problem was to completly get rid of Fonix itself.
The way I did this was to do the Hard Reset / Soft Reset described elsewhere on the forum, unfortunately the back up system failed to work so I had to reinstall everything again but it was worth it to get rid of Fonix and be able to asign a button for Voice Command. :)  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you don't fancy the Hard Reset trick (my nevers arn't up to it at the moment), the
following spell will disable the anonying Fonix and allow you to re-assign Key 4...

Using your favourite registry editor, such as PHM Registry Editor change the key

\HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand from \Windows\VoiceDial.exe to
\Windows\NoVoiceDial.exe

Half expected this to just disable Fonix, but it also frees Key 4 - oh happy day 8) 8)

Carlos

nealwalters

nealwalters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
In easy steps please.......

carlosfandango

carlosfandango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:SVP M500

In easy steps please.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Backup and sync your M500 via ActiveSync.

Download and install PHM Registry Editor from:
http://www.phm.lu/Pr...cketPC/RegEdit/

for the Orange M500 select the Pocket PC 2002,2003 (APM/PXA) download, it couldn't get in to work from the Desktop installer. This will download a file called "regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB", copy this to your M500.

Have you backed up and sunc'd your M500 ?

On the M500 find and click on the file from 'File Explorer', this will install PHM Registry Editor.

Have you really backed up and sync'd your M500 ?

Fire up PHM RegEdit (which will now be in your Programs menu). Navigate to the key specificed before: /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/OEM/VoiceCommand and change the path specified to something that does not exist (suggest prepending it with 'No')

Carlos

Disclaimers:
I am only suggesting PHM Registry Editor because it is the only one I've used
on a PocketPC.
Registry editing can mess things up completely, be careful out there, don't
change things at random !

cdrider

cdrider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wizard
Excellent! Will give this a go later on today. Bloody Fonix, have renamed the .exe file and removed it frm stat-up and it still cmes back. It's like the Dracula of the voicedialling world!

On another note, how does the UK version of Microsoft Voice Command measure up?

nealwalters

nealwalters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Fantastic, Many thanks Carlos, works a treat.. and explained beautifully......

On the UK MS Voice Command - Great programme, I have no problems with it. It VERY rarely gets it wrong, only if the back ground noise is very loud, with normal use i find that its around 95% accurate, and you say 'mobile' instead of 'mobul'

Useful with the M500 with only 1 real spare hotkey ie No 4, useful for other things also. I use it to start programmes and play media.

Would recommend to anyone, you don't even have to look at the phone to see who's calling when it rings - it tells you!

RT.

RT.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500 & SPV M500

If you don't fancy the Hard Reset trick (my nevers arn't up to it at the moment), the
following spell will disable the anonying Fonix and allow you to re-assign Key 4...

Using your favourite registry editor, such as PHM Registry Editor change the key

\Windows\NoVoiceDial.exe

Half expected this to just disable Fonix, but it also frees Key 4 - oh happy day 8) 8)

Carlos

Fantastic tip :rolleyes: Fonix was begining to really get on my nerves, and being able to remap the button to something useful is, well, useful :(

Mr.Clark

Mr.Clark

Ninja

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

\Windows\NoVoiceDial.exe

I know this is greedy, but does anyone know a way to make that reg key into a .cab file (it's just \HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand and then the Path key within that is \Windows\VoiceDial.exe (change to NoVoiceDial.exe or something)

I'll probably be asked to do this on several phones, and it would be easier if I could email a cab file to the user rather than try and talk them through registry editing (which I don't want to do)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users