Orange Logo

Guest namiran

Guest confused and hungover

i heard nail varnish remover takes the logo off and doesn't hurt the casing....

EDIT: spelluing

Edited by confused and hungover

Guest Irondragon
i crached the casing badly :(  So I stuck a Intel Xenon sticker in its place :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used a coin and also scratched the case badly.....oooppppssssss..

Guest fluffcat1
I used a coin and also scratched the case badly.....oooppppssssss..

I've listed some replacement fascia's in the for sale forum. And try a fibreglass pencil next time!

Richard

• 1 month later...

Scratching (lightly) with a coin isn't a great idea, the silver layer is very thin and easily goes through to the casing below. Also light sandpaper doesnt work.

Exercise extreme caution - otherwise you will wreck your phone like I did ;) (see photo).

I guess now I will have to fit a replacement cover. :D

post-156112-1130622079_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ben_2

Guest PPCPassion
Scratching (lightly) with a coin isn't a great idea, the silver layer is very thin and easily goes through to the casing below. Also light sandpaper doesnt work.

Exercise extreme caution - otherwise you will wreck your phone like I did :D (see photo).

I guess now I will have to fit a replacement cover. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry to hear that you wrecked the facia of your phone. Since you are loking for a new facia anyway, why not try to "repaint" it with the process described in the first Pinned post. I mean you got nothing to lose and still have 50/50 chance to get it done right and who knows you may have black facia C550 ;)

Guest PPCPassion
I've listed some replacement fascia's in the for sale forum. And try a fibreglass pencil next time!

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried fiber glass pencil method? If so, could you explain the process or if nothing else, atleast the precautions. Also where can I buy this pencil?

Thanks

I am sorry to hear that you wrecked the facia of your phone. Since you are loking for a new facia anyway, why not try to "repaint" it with the process described in the first Pinned post. I mean you got nothing to lose and still have 50/50 chance to get it done right and who knows you may have black facia C550 ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes I will try that - black would look so cool - i hope to get something like the C500 finish!

Will post pics of how I get on.....

Edited by Ben_2