Rebuilding a blue angel - any advice?

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

Hello,

using 2 different smashed m2000's ( one lcd broken, one glasstop broken) after a lot of faffing I've managed to bodge the glasstop from one onto the LCD from the other and alter the connetor so that it now works, but in the frankenstein's monster I've built the slide height is about 1mm out, and the screen assembly looks slightly bowed in comparison to my own m2000. Anybody got any experience of diss-assembly of this model that has any advice, or knows where I can get a service manual? The casing looked OK before the rebuild - I've used the casing from a brand new dummy m2000.

It works, it just looks a bit odd. Thankfully you can't see my bodged soldering at the back of the screen :oops:

I have photo's, when I can connect my camera I'll upload some. There's an Ati chip on the main board you know!

Richard

Guest fraser

Mucking around with these devices is always like that. It's like a very hard rubix cube; you have to get it in "just so". It may be a simple clip that you need a bit of force to snap into place, but you are always worried about breaking it with too much pressure.

Play around with the spare casing, to try and figure out how it fits together. At least that way, if you force it and it snaps you haven't lost anything important.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fluffcat1
I have photo's, when I can connect my camera I'll upload some. There's an Ati chip on the main board you know!

Richard

Pics of the board as promised! Haven't managed to get the gap down. but haven't really tried. Will probably flog my 'decent' m2000 on ebay and learn to love this flawed monster...

p.s is it me, or does the frame for the shielding I removed on the sim side of the board look a bit like a map of Texas?...

Richard

post-145647-1126199924_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1126199964_thumb.jpg

Edited by fluffcat1