Orange M5000 / T-Mobile MDA Pro

Guest gbsimpson

Guest gbsimpson

Hi!

I know i'm gonna be amongst hundreds of people wanting the answer to the ultimate burning question - WHEN'S IT OUT?!?!

This thing absolutely rocks; 3G, WM5, MP 10, wireless (apparently :shock: )

If anyone has any inside info on release date then please post it here! ;) 8) :)

Orange said November 2005 - the month of my bday as well as when my old contract expires :( no doubt ill get this cos of WM5.... :) well ive got WM5 on typhoon anyway ;) :D

but yes - November apperently ... but being orange... prolly 2 months after the date stated

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset...pv_m5000/detail

unfortunatly it will not be available for ordinary customers - only business partners last time I asked orange but it may change.. who knows?

tbh - dnt like the style :D well tis a PDA i guess...

Edited by Tech

Guest hanhha2000
If anyone has any inside info on release date then please post it here!  ;)  8)  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spoke to a very helpful guy from Orange who showed me the current list and it clearly shows that the M5000 will be available in late September.

He is confident that we should see this before November. Not sure of the release price, but he thinks on the same lines as the M2000 on release, which means its not going to be cheap.

Better start saving some extra pennies!!!!

Guest dazza12
He is confident that we should see this before November. Not sure of the release price, but he thinks on the same lines as the M2000 on release, which means its not going to be cheap.

So that means when I threaten to go to TMobile or O2 like I did last time, and go through to retentions, I'll be getting mine free!

If not, shouldn't be too much for me, I'm on Premier, so I think they see me as a middle to high value customer.

Guest JampoTT

I spoke to the upgrades dept @ Orange today, and they say that whilst it is on the "coming soon" page, it may not be. The reasoning given is that it apparently they have 3 lists of phones - the "current" ones, the "training" ones and the ones "under review" - which staff haven't been trained on yet... she didn't seem to think it was imminent.

Slightly better information from T Mobile though. Inside sources tell me it will be released on 1st October to coincide with T Mobile's new internet promotion (Web & Walk) but on the downside, the release of the Wizard will be (much) later... (they're going with the MDA Compact, MDA III and MDA Pro for the internet push...)

Of most interest, however, would be O2.

Their literature (not their sales staff!) suggests it is coming "In September" (see on coolsmartphone.com) and ITS THE BLACK VERSION.

Having looked at photos, I think it looks nicer in the Black / Grey (like the JasJar) than the silver MDA Pro and M5000. I know its personal choice... but...

*sigh*

My contract with Orange ended during Aug (I've had the C500 since release) and I'm looking forward to getting something based on the Universal - but that might depend on which provider gets their arse in gear quickly enough. I can't decide whether to wait and play with a demo one or simply jump on the bandwagon and get it as soon as I can.

Guest Pondrew
unfortunatly it will not be available for ordinary customers - only business partners last time I asked orange but it may change.. who knows?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For some reason most of the Orange Pocket PC Phones start that way. Don't worry, I'd be surprised if this didn't reach ordinary customers. Just don't expect it to be cheap! :|

Do we have confirmation of Wifi being included from any of the networks... or was that just a scare?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put it this way... I haven't seen a spec sheet for the Universal WITHOUT wifi. Given that the immediate predecessors HTC Blue Angel and HTC Alpine both have it and are available from UK providers I think we'll be ok! :)

Guest leo-balou

I just spoke to our Orange account manager and he said that is it due for release end of September / beginning of October.

I was rather hoping it may have the Blackberry client on it.

does anybody know the cost when it is released????

Also does it support 2 line i have an SPV 500 and it great looked at m500 and m2000 and they dont, would like to keep second line :??:

Guest craighome

Orange M5000. Was talking to someone at Orange call centre today as my M500 was playing up. He said he had a training session earlier today on the M5000 so it must be nearing release.

My C500 was upgraded to an M500 last week free and it was working well apart from the fact that on any calls to/from me the remote parties voice was echoing back to them bady (9 people, landlines, mobile networks, different locations) - it sounded fine at the M500 end but it was definitely the phone.... )

Managed to bypass Oranges usual tactic of during upgrade week you have to return the phone in a jiffy bag and then they credit you for the upgrade and then they finally issue a new upgrade replacement to you - replacement coming tomorrow :o

Don't think we'll see a M500 Windows Mobile 5 upgrade but it would be nice :(

Edited by craighome

Guest London_jonny

I went into the Orange shop on Oxford street yesterday and they had one of the empty shell phones they use for display purposes of the spv m5000!!

Its in a nice looking silver colour with a black panel at the back.

The guy in the shop is expecting it to go on sale in the last week of September and if you're on orange premier you can expect to pay about £100.

I went into the Orange shop on Oxford street yesterday and they had one of the empty shell phones they use for display purposes of the spv m5000!!

Its in a nice looking silver colour with a black panel at the back.

The guy in the shop is expecting it to go on sale in the last week of September and if you're on orange premier you can expect to pay about £100.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o :( :lol: Doncaster orange shop had dummy phone as well expected delivery date is as abouve last week in september i cant wait till its out SPV 500 that i have just had to have replaced is going on ebay to pay for my new M5000 :P :D :D

just phoned up orange about M5000

DOES NOT HAVE MOBILE 2005!!! (XP embedded instead)...

i guess thats good but still... waiting for Mobile 5 for a long long time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like someone at Orange doesn't know what they are talking about.

The M5000 is the same as the JASJAR but with Orange branding. It will absolutely run Mobile 2005.

The architechture of the device would need to be completely different in order to run XP as XP only runs on X86 and compatible hardware.

Guest harrysaab

what does that mean?

will it have windows xp then??

confused

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what does that mean?

will it have windows xp then??

confused

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it won't.

It will have Windows Mobile 5. The person the previous poster spoke to is wrong.

Spoke to Orange today, as I wanted to know when I can upgrade. Apparently, because I'm on the Premier package, I could have done this last month.

I asked about the M5000, it's available to all customers, not just business customers. It's still down for release in late September, and a source quotes that it's imminent - in other words I'm calling them every couple of days to ask if it's in. Want to be one of the first, managed it with the M2000 by calling on the day it was released and securing one. Regarding the price, I was told it would be similar to what I paid for the M2000, which was nothing after I spoke to retentions. However, there's no concrete information regarding pricing. I'd happily pay up to £100 for it, but more happy to pay nothing.

The other exciting thing was that they are offering a trial of 3G, for 3 months you can get for free a fair use 1Gb per month 3G allowance. I can see me not even bothering with WiFi for the first 3 months, and just surfing the hell out of it.

Spoke to Orange today, as I wanted to know when I can upgrade. Apparently, because I'm on the Premier package, I could have done this last month.

I asked about the M5000, it's available to all customers, not just business customers. It's still down for release in late September, and a source quotes that it's imminent - in other words I'm calling them every couple of days to ask if it's in. Want to be one of the first, managed it with the M2000 by calling on the day it was released and securing one. Regarding the price, I was told it would be similar to what I paid for the M2000, which was nothing after I spoke to retentions. However, there's no concrete information regarding pricing. I'd happily pay up to £100 for it, but more happy to pay nothing.

The other exciting thing was that they are offering a trial of 3G, for 3 months you can get for free a fair use 1Gb per month 3G allowance. I can see me not even bothering with WiFi for the first 3 months, and just surfing the hell out of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats really cool. I dont even know if 3G works in my area so that would be a fair way of finding out. Thanks Orange.

A fairly reliable source within 'O' who wishes to remain unnamed has quoted a release date within the week of the 26th Sept. Possibly even during the Monday morning. The same guy told me when to ring up for the M2000, and he got it down to the day.

It's got to be imminent, the Yeovil store has a dummy unit, and they're not a business store. If they've got enough stock of dummy units, I think that confirms Orange have a fair amount of stock.

As to who is probably going to release it first, I've been in the O2 and Tmob stores, both of which are business stores, and neither has any information, let alone dummy units or prices. My bet is that Orange will release first with a fair amount of stock. Until we on this board find out that is!

Although they'll officially deny it, I'm going to ring every day that week.

Those that have pre-release units, or access to someone that has, can someone confirm that Tomtom, SPB, PPCProfiles and the various other popular programs used on the earlier units work fine on it?

Guest inspectorgadjet

I hope you're right. My contract is eligible for upgrades without fees form the 23rd, so the timing will be perfect. I think I will follow your lead and start calling every day that week to get my grubby hands on one. :o

Guest harrysaab

i went to orange shop on new street (bham city) and they showed me dummy model of spv m5000...its not that big as it looks in pics..

it had black keyboard keys, but some pics on net show silver keyboard with orange lights....

i asked them and they said its like that, someone must hav got confused over keyboard keys...

they said its coming 3/4weeks (end of sept or oct)..

cool

---------------------------------------------------

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest rickyburke

i think the t-mobile version has the silver keys, i too have help the dummy phone and there really isnt much difference between it and my m2000.

i love all the buttons on the side as well. handy!