Signal Boost

Guest bluesmudge

Guest bluesmudge

Just moved into new flat, walls seem to so thick they block the signal to my phone! the only way i can get signal is by leaning out of the window . . . . which isn't much of an option (damn safety windows!)

Does anyone know of anything which will boost reception?

oh . . . . I have a SPV c500 btw :)

Guest Samsonite

dont think there is anything available that has got any technical merit i'm afraid.

i have come across antennae packs that claim if left by the window will improve all mobile signals in the very immediate vicinity but then i've also heard claims that there is a pill for fat-loss and a spray for baldness re-hairing.....

Edited by Samsonite

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Not ideal, but if you're not going to be moving any time soon, might be worth loking into car aerials... If you currently have to lean out the window to have a conversation, then to be leashed to whatever length the aerial lead is around the window/wherever you place the external aerial is still a small improvement, and hopefully a better sinal as well.

If you're renting, don't forget to check the landlord doesn't mind you drilling ia hole, if one is needed for the aerial lead to go through the wall/window frame...