hard/soft reset trick problems

Guest k3v

hi, i have just done the hard/soft reset trick to free up some memory as i was getting sick and tired of programs crashing due to lack of memory. Its all gone ok apart from i seem to have lost internet explorer and the spb gprs monitor now says trial period expired. Anyone got an ideas how to cure this.

thanks kev

hi, i have just done the hard/soft reset trick to free up some memory as i was getting sick and tired of programs crashing due to lack of memory. Its all gone ok apart from i seem to have lost internet explorer and the spb gprs monitor now says trial period expired. Anyone got an ideas how to cure this.

thanks kev

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bump!

help.... im getting withdrawel symptoms already! how do i get I.E. back on my phone

bump!

help.... im getting withdrawel symptoms already! how do i get I.E. back on my phone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bump again, lol.... im going to have to go back to the original software i think, if i cant sort this problem out

For IE

You have to install

OrangeUK_Add_Programs.sa.cab

For spb gprs monitor install

Orange_GPRS_Desconnect.sa.CAB

after you have installed spb gprs monitor

If you were smart you will have the extended rom saved on the pc if not you will need to do the hard reset soft reset trick again.

Edited by scottt

Guest chucky.egg

You seem to need to do a soft reset after reinstalling GPRS Monitor, otherwise it gives you that trial message

As long as you stop the installation VERY quickly the ExtendedROM storage stays visible - it's just that the first thing the auto rebuild does is delete the visible link

If you are going to do it again Install in this order leaving out what you dont want (this is the order the phone installs them )

Phone Pad

Smart Dialing

Caller ID

Camera Wizard Artist

MA ORUK Version UserAgent

Arcsoft MMS

CV2

JMM

Fonix2.0

SPB GPRS v2.20

Del Start

Orange UK ActionE Connection

Orange UK PIEhome favorite

Orange UK PIEhome favorite patch

Customization Magician OrangeUK

Orange UK Help 102804

Orange GPRS Desconnect

OrangeUK_Add_Programs

Orange New Today

BTHUSB PATCH AKU2

OEM Camera-9650

OR UK WapPush UAProf

USSD Beep

And if you want to hide the extended rom use this one last

Delete vdisk shortcut

For details on what each cab is view this post

Edited by scottt

thanks for the info, very helpful, i will try it next time. just one question, where does

come into it? sorry if this is a daft question, im Browsing on the phone

• 8 months later...
Guest Crudeboy

Hi.. this is an old thread but can anyone help me?

I did the hard reset - soft reset as above, I can see the cabs, install the specific ones, now I realised I needed to install one more of the cab files but I cant seem to find them anymore, any idea how to do this? All I wanted was the feature where the phone pad recognises names as I key in with the number pad (something like T9 for your contacts)... thanks.

Edited by Crudeboy

Guest chucky.egg

I've not done this trick on my Wizard

Somewhere on here there's a ROM Unlock CAB file that when run (and soft reset) will make your device show the Extended_ROM

Once you can see the ExtROM you want a CAB file that'll have SmartDialling (or similar) in it's name. I have a T-Mobile and the O2 ROMs are probably slightly different

Guest Crudeboy

I am using SPV M500 btw. Think I need to do the hard reset/ soft reset again, as mentioned below, unless I can get the file elsewhere....

For IE

You have to install

For spb gprs monitor install

Orange_GPRS_Desconnect.sa.CAB

after you have installed spb gprs monitor

If you were smart you will have the extended rom saved on the pc if not you will need to do the hard reset soft reset trick again.

Guest chucky.egg

If you cant see the Extended_ROM in your File Explorer then you probably didn't do the Soft Reset part of the Hard/Soft Reset quickly enough.

The very first thing that auto-runs is the thing that hides the Extended ROM!

Try it again before you install any apps

Guest Crudeboy

Finally I did it after looking for information with trial and error... anyways, when you do the hard reset followed by soft reset, you will see the Extended ROM folder, in which all the cab files are there.

What I didnt know is once you done and soft reset, this folder is deleted.

Suggest when you get to a stage where you have Extended ROM. copy it over to SD card.... so that it will remain there.

The file that I wanted was SmartDialling_Magician_Generic_WWE_RC13.CAB

The best way is to actually make a back up, hard reset/ soft reset, copy the above CAB file to SD card, then restore backup. After all that, install the CAB file from SD card. Soft reset. Voila.

• 1 month later...
Guest chinoxl

I just tried to do this, did it several times but I cannot get the Extended_ROM to be shown, I have done it just as the 3 second box comes up and even just before, cannot see the folder still, all I want to do is get the crappy O2 stuff off my phone and have photo contacts on there, please someone give me some help on how to do this!

thankyou

Ben

Finally I did it after looking for information with trial and error... anyways, when you do the hard reset followed by soft reset, you will see the Extended ROM folder, in which all the cab files are there.

What I didnt know is once you done and soft reset, this folder is deleted.

Suggest when you get to a stage where you have Extended ROM. copy it over to SD card.... so that it will remain there.

The file that I wanted was SmartDialling_Magician_Generic_WWE_RC13.CAB

The best way is to actually make a back up, hard reset/ soft reset, copy the above CAB file to SD card, then restore backup. After all that, install the CAB file from SD card. Soft reset. Voila.