• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

sruthika

sruthika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi,

I have the smartphone driver for Spectec Mini SD Wifi Card. I have already given it to SMeg36 to try out. If anyone wants to try it, please download it from the attachment to this message and try it on your mpx 220.

Attached Files

gotomoto

gotomoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi,

I have the smartphone driver for Spectec Mini SD Wifi Card. I have already given it to SMeg36 to try out. If anyone wants to try it, please download it from the attachment to this message and try it on your mpx 220.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Number of downloads: 21 but still no response? come on anybody must have tried this. does the spectec wifi work on mpx220 with the provided driver???

refined

refined

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:null
Anyone have an update on this?

Anyone try this out?

I need wi-fi!!

Paraklas

Paraklas

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Programing (C++, JAVA), Hardware, Software, getting latest mobile phones
  • Devices:Mpx220

Anyone have an update on this?

Anyone try this out?

I need wi-fi!!

This has probably been covered like 1 million times but here's the answer.. To have Wi-Fi you need a SDIO compatible miniSD slot. MPX220 doesn't have it therefore Wi-Fi will never work on an mpx220. this driver has been around for over a year and believe me if it worked, someone would have mentioned it by now.

In addition to these, the mpx220 has average 2-3 days battery life. If wi-fi ever worked on it, don't count for more than a couple of hours battery.

If you really want a wi-fi, get a mobile phone that it's actually designed for it, like i-mate SP5 or Jam, JasJar, etc.

Posted Image

Nokia 6110 -> Nokia 7250 -> Nokia 6600 -> SPV E200 -> Mpx200 ->SPV C550 & Mpx220

sruthika

sruthika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi,

Looks like everybody downloaded the driver I attached but nobody responds. If it doesnt work with MPX 220, try the driver with SPV E200. I was told that the driver should work with SPV E200.

Please try it and respond guys!!!

kpars

kpars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:MPX220
Dear All,

While I was wondering in the registries I found out that there is a string named WiFi? What the hell can this be for?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\WiFi

Thnx

BIG BABO

BIG BABO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Spectec keeping telling me SP drivers will be available "soon" and that MPx220 is not SDIO. Whether either is true is another matter...

i dont know mutch about electronics ;) but i learn quick :wub: and it took me 1 day to learn to use reg editor for mpx and while doing it i came accros option or folder that says WiFi and i clicked on values and it was 0 i put it into 1 just in case it was what i thought it was ,so my ? is ...that folder i saw is that wifi that topic is about...and another thing, someone mentioned that wifi would draw more power ..why ,isnt the wifi like a wireless card for internet access or ... like i mentioned above i dont know much about electronics so correct me if im wrong so i can learn. :D

BIG BABO

BIG BABO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i added the .cab to the phone now what i need? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users