Original SPV different processor?

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

In the batch of phones I've received recently there is an original SPV with a 'not for sale' startup splash screen. It's rom versions are:

op 1.3.4.6

manu 1.3.4.6

m$ 3.0.12255.0

lan 1.3.4.6

file sys 3.0.12255.0

but what's REALLY interesting is the processor...

listed as ARM ARM720, and not ARM OMAP710 as the other ones are...

The power button is the same shade of grey as the bottom case and not silver, the 'spv' logo is missing from the front, other than that I can spot no differences. The IMEI plate has no FCC id, but same model code and part number as all my other canaries. Has anyone else seen an original SPV with this processor?

Richard

post-145647-1126211562_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1126211595_thumb.jpg

Guest fluffcat1

TBH, I can't notice any difference, but I'm not used to using a canary on a daily basis. The C500's I have with odd roms on them appear slow in comparison to my daily-use c500, so perhaps this canary has a slow rom masking the higher performance CPU?

Anyone written a benchmark tool for smartphones?

Richard

• 4 months later...
Guest VNPOWER
TBH, I can't notice any difference, but I'm not used to using a canary on a daily basis. The C500's I have with odd roms on them appear slow in comparison to my daily-use c500, so perhaps this canary has a slow rom masking the higher performance CPU?

Anyone written a benchmark tool for smartphones?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can use that TcpMp video player previously know as BETA player. That has a benchmark tool for fps(frames per second). Obviously the more fps you get, the faster the device is.

Guest Pondrew

Should have thought of that myself.

I actually did some searching online and got the impression that the 720 might just be another (early?) name for the 710 processor.

• 11 months later...
Guest indtram

I had my SPV Canary from London just now !!!

and I also have found out the following details:

Processor: ARM ARM720

ROM Update Versions:

Operator: 1.1.6.0

Microsoft: 3.0.12255.0

Manufacturer: 1.1.6.0

Language: 1.1.6.0

• 4 years later...
Guest Clayton Webb

Sorry for digging up this old topic, but after playing around with a HTC Canary, I found out that the information about the processor seems to differ from ROM to ROM.

I tried the Orange ROM 1.3.6.24 (UK I think) and there I could also read ARM ARM720. After flashing Swiss Orange ROM 1.5.0.3 however the reading was ARM OMAP 710.

So although the topic starter likely got his hands on a prototype/pre-release-model/whatever, it's questionable whether it really had a different processor.