Orange due to release new rom for C500?

Guest jamesyuk

Guest gavinchappell

Same here Griff, in fact this one seems better than previous as I can record video. With earlier ROMs, I always seemed to get "Out of memory" errors when recording video, even after running SPFreeMem and Oxios Hibernate first.

Does anyone have any info on all the Version, Radio Version, ROM update version, Manufacturer and File System numbers from previous ROMs? I'm just interested in how much has changed, as for some reason the numbers look different to me but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it.

i am experiencing loss of calls. sometimes when the caller calls and i accept, the phone hangs up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a known issue with Windows Mobile (and for that matter probably any phone) whereby the phone is still ringing after the caller hangs up resulting in a message 'Unable to answer call'. Test it yourself if you don't believe me.

1) call your Windows Mobile device.

2) Hang up the same second as you answer the Smartphone.

3) See the 'Unable to answer call' message

Hi,

Is there anywhere else to get this update from?  Everytime I download it from the UK site I get a corrupt file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Are you using an Internet Download Program like Internet Download Manager to make it download faster? If you using one that is the reason why you are getting a corrupt file so you need to turn that prog off I had the same thing happen to me and I got the same error message.

I Hope this Helps

Michael

just updated from 4.2.1.1 to 4.2.1.2 ROM

my tomtom 5 and BT GPS reciever (not original tomtom reciever) now work without any imcomming/outgoing ports being set up at all. only the initial device paring is required. tomtom 5 used to only work with an incomming port alone being set up without an outging port on my 4.2.1.1 ROM. There is now also an option to set devices as hands-free in the bluetooth device menu. looks like this update has a few bluetooth fixes :o everything else seems fine for now.

Guest Griff_FFOC

the bluetooth fixes you mention seemed to be available from the 4.2.1.1 ROM. As i mentioned in the thread about connecting to activesync over bluetooth, i no longer needed any outgoing ports after updating my ROM, and when pairing with my PC was asked if this was to be set as a hands free device. If you say yes, then when you get a call, it comes out over the PC's speaker and uses the mic as the input :o

@ pondrew - that is not what I was talking about :o

talking about.. when someone calls me.. i press "accept".. it gives me a missed call as if i rejected the call and gives me the beep beep tone through the earpiece as if the caller hung up

I have had two replacement phones in the same number of days (fault is where I sound like a dalek on incoming and out going calls) and both phones have come with the 4.2.1.2 ROM

Guest wheelerch

I've also had mine replaced twice due to a microphone fault - althouh i dont have orange care - so i had to wait over 3 weeks each time for it to be repaired! - the first time it came back still broken (but firmware upgraded to 4.2.1.1) and the second time it came back working with 4.2.1.2 - but they lost my 256mb mini sd. I'm not at all impresed with them, and they say it wasnt marked as being included when they sent it back (i guess i should have checked what i was signing)

- Chris

Is there a new 4.2.1.2???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have thought that there's only one 4.2.1.2; the one that's being talked about in this thread (and others).

Edited by fozzie

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Have downloaded the file twice and still getting a 'corrupt file' error! WTF is the problem?

post-12251-1128021600_thumb.jpg

I'm not using a download manager. Just firefox. :o

Size: 22.6 MB (23,709,981 bytes)

Size on disk: 22.6 MB (23,711,744 bytes)

Have downloaded the file twice and still getting a 'corrupt file' error! WTF is the problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It worked at this end a couple of days ago... will try and download it again to see if still works...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry that you are still having problems. I am using Firefox with out any problems with the download. I am using Firefox V1.0.7 Have you updated your version of Firefox?

I Hope this Helps

Regards

Michael Burdis

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Does anyone have any info on all the Version, Radio Version, ROM update version, Manufacturer and File System numbers from previous ROMs? I'm just interested in how much has changed, as for some reason the numbers look different to me but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we are to base it from the numbers, I think the only obvious differences are the manufacturer and language versions:

http://www.gpcarreon.com/?p=136

Album, camera, WMP are still of the same version. :o

Guest Pondrew
If we are to base it from the numbers, I think the only obvious differences are the manufacturer and language versions:

http://www.gpcarreon.com/?p=136

Album, camera, WMP are still of the same version.  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs Pzee. Can I ask, where do you find out the version number in WMP?

Just bought myself a C500 (thanks Fluffcat1) so gonna be trying this latest rom once I've backed up the original rom that's on it. Got myself a 1gb mini-sd coming through Ebay which only cost £43 total. Not bad!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi Pondrew. Congrats on your new C500! :o

Open Windows Media then try to play a file then hit Menu > About

post-12251-1128151597_thumb.gif

Here is WMP post-upgrade...

post-12251-1128151634_thumb.gif

@Pondrew, Tech, and  M1DUL

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm now using version 4.2.1.2. :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is OK, I am glad that you got it all working now. How did you get around the problem you had?