ActiveSync 4

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

Just messing around with my JasJar and I have noticed a few stage things with ActiveSync 4

1) How do I make the AS4 sync continuously with my PC like my Smartphone does. As I see it it only syncs the first time you connect or press the sync button. (edit: I now see it constantly syncs PC>JAS but not JAS>PC. I need to keep pressing the sync button for that.)

2) On my Smartphone I can select which contact categories to sync. In AS4 the settings button is greyed out for contacts and I can only sync all contacts in Outlook.

Edited by Pagemakers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest inspectorgadjet

I have tested the continuous syncing on my JasJar by connecting the JasJar to the pc. After it completed the initial sync, I created a text note on the JasJar. After about 10 seconds, ActiveSync started syncing again and the note was now on my pc. I then tested again, by deleting the note from my pc. Within about ten seconds, there was sync action again, and the note disappeared from my JasJar. So I think it does definitely continuously sync still, but not quite in the way the old one did. Have you tried testing ActiveSync this way?

The categories option is definitely missing from the settings now. I think it used to be on the calendar settings too, because I had intentions of syncing all my calendar entries at home, and only work entries on my work calendar.

What I find annoying about AS4 and Windows Mobile 5 is that they seem to have removed the wireless lan sync option. That was the way I used to sync my BlueAngel the most.

Guest Pagemakers

Yea continuous sync does work. Its just takes a few seconds to do it.

Sync via wifi is not possible in AS4.

I hope they sort the categories thing out because I use that all the time. It works still on my smartphone.

Another thing . . . why does it take 10 times longer to sync the same data on the jasjar then on my smartphone?

Guest inspectorgadjet

That's pretty strange then. It should be doing it continuously.

Again, I don't have any speed problems with the JasJar sync time. It seems to be faster than my old MDA III. Perhaps the sync time has something to do with the file conversion rules? I can't think of any other reasons.

Can't comment on the Jasjar guys but done some reading on Activesync 4.

The next release of activesync (4.1?) will deliver speed increases and claims to get the highest speed possible out of the usb connection. I guess they might have done that as Activesync 4 itself had slowed slightly compared to previous versions...

Wifi sync?

Category sync for the PPC?

Do you have a link by any chance?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, as far as I'm aware wifi sync won't be making a reappearance anytime soon. I've no information at all on category sync. Didn't even realise that wasn't working until this thread.

As for a link, unfortunately no official release of Activesync 4.1 yet and no official info. Maybe if you were to google it...?

Guest sd.clark
Sorry, as far as I'm aware wifi sync won't be making a reappearance anytime soon. I've no information at all on category sync. Didn't even realise that wasn't working until this thread.

As for a link, unfortunately no official release of Activesync 4.1 yet and no official info. Maybe if you were to google it...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: Please read forum rules on illegal/leaked software.

Well I performed a Google search and now I have AS4.1 on my system.

Sadly though, I see absolutely no difference to AS4.0!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi!

Can you send me the link for 4.0 or 4.1 AS, cause I left my CD at home. I use the MDA Pro from T-Mobile.

Thx!

jeutix

UPDATE: I found it :-)

Edited by jeutix