Anyone know when the M500 will be back in stock?

Guest dynamo

As the title says, any idea when the M500 will be back in stock at orange as i can't wait to get my hands on one...

It seems i want one just at the wrong time with the sd wifi card out of stock at ebuyer too ](*,)

Guest sainthalo
As the title says, any idea when the M500 will be back in stock at orange as i can't wait to get my hands on one...

It seems i want one just at the wrong time with the sd wifi card out of stock at ebuyer too  ](*,)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont know if this is true but someone over on another forums was told by orange retentions that they wouldnt be getting any more so he could try and get one at an orange shop and retentions would credit him the extra amount!

Guest hunyango_uk

i did talk to someone on retention and said that m500 is discontinued so, in other words "no more M500's coming out". lucky for those people who had their hands on the device.

well imate jam/s100(s110 128mb rom) is still around, the same as orange m500.

Guest chucky.egg

TBH if I was doing it again I'd get a s110 for the extra memory - I'm already dropping things from my Today screen to save RAM. 64Mb sounds a lot coming from a Smartphone, but it really isn't!

WiFi cards are still available, if a little more expensive than from eBuyer - I paid £38 for mine incl Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Odd thing that SanDisk have discontinued their 256 Mb SD WiFi cards... wonder what caused that?

It would irk me slightly, as I've been looking for my next phone for the last month or so, and narrowed it down to the magician. Then selected Orange, as I've been with them in the past, and they've always been not too bad.

Were in stock until Tuesday/Wednesday last week, then went out of stock.

Rang o2 to terminate my contract, expecting to order m500 when it came back in stock.

Seems silly discontinuing it if it's still a seller, but maybe they dropped the price recently in order to shift the remaining stock.

grrrrrrr!!

jonc

I was in the orange shop in leamington and they said their expecting a delivery next week. its only been on the shelves for 6 weeks here. Orange move as fast as continental shift, so i cant see them pulling it so sharpish.

Orange are useless, they cant tell you anything about anything! bunch of useless t0sspots. Im off to T-mobile for an MDA Compact. £33 month for 300 anytime, 100 texts, half price for first 6 months. bargain.

That is unless orange magically phone me today and say my M500 is in the post!

Guest skaramanga

I hope Orange do get the M500 back in stock.

If they do, do you think it would be the updated version with more memory, 128mb, like qtek s110? That would be cool!

Guest darmelabi

I'm desperately trying to get hold of an M500. Found a shop nearby that has one, but they can't do it for anywhere near the price that Rententions will let me have it for. I've rung Orange on several occasions to be told that a)they're expecting delivery next week, then :o they're expecting delivery within 28 days and now c) they don't know when they're going to get a delivery. The person I spoke to said that they have not discontinued it and that if I went to the shop and bought it, Rententions would not refund the difference. Aaaarrrrggghhh!

Guest tango_lima

Re the phone stock, several shops have them in stock and according to the salesgirl/trainer I spoke to in Yeovil they are going on courses at the moment to train people to use their phones and they had some in stock and they were selling well, so I doubt they will be discontinuing them, they may be moving over to the 128mb ones as opposed to the 64 mb ones though which could explain the holdup in supply to the online store. (this is only a guess, so dont take it as gospel)

On the subject of SD WiFi cards, sandisk seem to have stopped making them for some reason, all the online suppliers seem to have pulled them or run out and cannot give a date as to when they are expecting supply, some are even saying it is discontinued, but no message on sandisk website http://www.sandisk.com

There are some on ebay at the moment and one seller has about 30 for sale as "buy it now" for £31.99 + £3.99 p&p Item number: 5809272079 url http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Hope this helps some of you

BTW had my m500 about a week now to replace Motorola v600 and IPAQ 2210 and am happy as a pig in poo

Edited by tango_lima

Just to add my 2p, after getting frustrated over the fact that there are none in stock and rumours of them being discontinued, my girlfriend (without me even asking, lol) was passing the Orange store on Oxford street and went in and asked.

The fact she didn't know the model name/no didn't help, hehe, and had to be shown all the ones "with touch screens" so she could pick out the right one (I'd shown her a picture).

Anyway, back to the point, the person in the store said that they weren't being discontinued, but they had been having stock problems with that phone. They then went on to say that they should be getting more stock in early October.

Not sure if there's any truth to it, it could have just been to cover themselves (Come back in a couple of weeks). Plus I can't wait, I want one now!!

Would be nice if it was the updated 128Mb version.

jonc

Guest jonhitch

Best to hold out for the HTC Wizard I'd say - same spec as the JAM and some. WM5, Wifi, 128MB ROM, 64 MB RAM, keyboard and may even be out before Orange manages to sort out their stock issues!

Guest sporkguy

Guys, lets keep our heads on here :o

We'll be getting stock in very shortly - last week we had a delivery on 5 on Wednesday, and they were all gone by Saturday.

Same as the K750, we're extremely low on stock because the manufacturers aren't giving us the stock we need (aka the V3, D500 stock issues of earlier this year).

and to the guy who called us 't0sspots' - have fun on Tmobile sir, you won't be missed :(

Guys, lets keep our heads on here :o

We'll be getting stock in very shortly - last week we had a delivery on 5 on Wednesday, and they were all gone by Saturday.

Same as the K750, we're extremely low on stock because the manufacturers aren't giving us the stock we need (aka the V3, D500 stock issues of earlier this year).

and to the guy who called us 't0sspots' - have fun on Tmobile sir, you won't be missed :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gosh, I suppose that's good news...

Where abouts do you work, in a store or in the main orange depot (I suppose there's some central warehouse for direct sales).

I only say this as the M500s went out of stock on mon/tues (according to the website)

I will probably be waiting, just want to know I won't be waiting that long....

jonc

Guest sporkguy

jonc: I work for a large retail store. Direct have similar stock to us, we all use Banbury as our central warehouse, but Orange Retail have their own stock control and as such our levels are different to Direct (we usually have more than they do).

Best thing to do is nip down to your local Orange Shop and pop yourself on the waiting list for one.

jonc: I work for a large retail store. Direct have similar stock to us, we all use Banbury as our central warehouse, but Orange Retail have their own stock control and as such our levels are different to Direct (we usually have more than they do).

Best thing to do is nip down to your local Orange Shop and pop yourself on the waiting list for one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would, but the stores don't offer the same tariffs as online, plus the handsets usually end up being more expensive.

I'll probably just end up calling orange every day until I get one .....

I rang yesterday, asked when they were going to come back in stock "I don't know, it just comes up red when it's not in stock, and green when it is. It's red." Some more automation needed methinks.

jonc

As someone posted earlier it was me who was told to go to a store and get the handset by retentions..

I had a long ongoing saga, and was offered a good tariff and the m500 for free by retentions.. i said fine and when i went to order, I was told the handset is not in stock.. However she said she will send me a text message once it comes into stock.. I waited a week or so and still no reply then I got a text saying the phone is in stock, ring us up to order.. On the phone I am to orange, ordering the handset however she turns round and says the handset is not in stock.. I got a bit peeved so told them in all honesty, I need another phone NOW that is why Id rather cancel my contract and start a new contract with another network provider... And I told her how ironic it is that I can find the handset instore however they wont match the retentions tariff.. So she said to me go instore and see if you can get the handset and she will give me the tariff and refund me any charges the store may charge..

Anyway i searched high and low and phoned every orange shop in the north west and no one had in stock.. amazingly I managed to track one down in the Rochdale store and got it yesterday.. and I rang orange up yesterday who said they would sort me out on the tariff which they promised too.. I think all in all a great result... just gotta figure out how to use it!!

Good luck to those trying to get one!!

... just gotta figure out how to use it!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what we're here for! Any problems or questions don't hesitate to post in the Pocket PC Phone Help and Advice section.

Just my luck that Orange should run out of stock three days before my upgrade was due!

Spoke to retentions yesterday who have offered me a good tariff, but I can't have it without a new handset and the handset I want is out of stock with no date for any more, they'll call me when there is stock available blah, blah, blah...

In the meantime I guess I am expected to pay over the odds whilst I wait indefinitely for the M500 to appear...

Anyone know of a place selling Magician variants at reasonable prices with an O2 connection?

Guest jonhitch

I wouldn't worry about the M500 being out of stock. It won't be long before the HTC Wizard / Qtek 9100 / I-mate K-Jam will be available. This is the replacement for the HTC Magician / Original I-mate JAM and Qtek S100. I'm sure they'll probably call it the M600 on Orange when it appears!

Given the speed (or lack of) to release the M500 I'd have thought their version of the HTC Wizard will be released at the start of next week. I'll be going elsewhere though so I can get the K-JAM or Qtek 9100 when it's released. Estimates on a couple of websites refer to either the 1st or 5th October!

Fantastic - WiFi, WM5, 128MB ROM, Keyboard etc. Follow links to see!

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merch...20-phones.ihtml

http://www.smartdevicesdirect.com/product_...products_id=927

http://www.acemobilephones.com/mobile_manu.../QTek/9100.html

But isn't the wizard bigger/heavier than the magician??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. It's also got a processor that runs at just 195mhz compared to the Magician's 425mhz BUT reports are that it beats the Magician in benchmark tests so that doesn't seem an issue.