Anyone know when the M500 will be back in stock?

Guest dynamo

Guest jonhitch

It's the same size except slightly thicker - to incorporate the keybourd. i wouldn't have thought that would be too noticable!

As Pondrew says tests indicate that it's actually faster than the Magician - and with much improved battery lilfe.

Guest adchaffey

HTC Wizard:

# Dimensions - 108 mm x 58 mm x 23.5 mm

# Weight - 150 g

M500

# Dimensions - 108 mm x 58 mm x 18 mm

# Weight - 150 g

Thought this might be of use to someone. Cheered me up today anyway, been waiting for my contract to run out in a month or so and was gutted to hear the M500 might be discontinued. Now I just hope Orange get their act together and get the Wizard soon!!

Guest mupwangle

>>Anyone know of a place selling Magician variants at reasonable prices with an O2 connection?

Buymobilephones.net

phones2udirect.com

Both selling the Qtek S100 and the Qtek S110 (Magician with 64Mb RAM upgrade) at decent prices on o2.

Well, to drop my value in...I had a bit of an ongoing saga with Orange too (my own fault mostly), and wanted the m500 badly. Spoke to Retentions but it was out of stock so I went to my local shop, they rang around and got me one. It's now a free handset on any upgrade fee as long as your talk plan is £25+ which I think is mighty weird, that's three huge price drops since it came out not that long ago.

There's suspicious behaviour afoot!

Well, to drop my value in...I had a bit of an ongoing saga with Orange too (my own fault mostly), and wanted the m500 badly. Spoke to Retentions but it was out of stock so I went to my local shop, they rang around and got me one. It's now a free handset on any upgrade fee as long as your talk plan is £25+ which I think is mighty weird, that's three huge price drops since it came out not that long ago.

There's suspicious behaviour afoot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd put the price drop down to the fact that Orange were late releasing the device (compared with the other providers) and that there are at least two new Pocket PC Phones about to hit the market.

Although I don't subscribe to the suggestion that the SPV M500 has already been discontinued I do think it's not got much market life left to it...

Guest tefal la

Why can no one at Orange really say when they are going to get the M500 in, I am phoning orange every day but always to be told that they do not know when they are going to get any stock in.

Really frustrated as it seemed to go out of stock a couple of days before I came out of contract.

Why can no one at Orange really say when they are going to get the M500 in, I am phoning orange every day but always to be told that they do not know when they are going to get any stock in.

Really frustrated as it seemed to go out of stock a couple of days before I came out of contract.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone heard anything else regarding the M500?

They have been "out of stock" for several weeks now, and ringing Orange doesn't help, as you get put through to a monkey who isn't told anything.

I really want the M500, but I'm getting impatient now...

jonc

Anyone heard anything else regarding the M500?

They have been "out of stock" for several weeks now, and ringing Orange doesn't help, as you get put through to a monkey who isn't told anything.

I really want the M500, but I'm getting impatient now...

jonc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm afraid this situation is far from unusual as it happened with both the SPV M1000 and SPV M2000. Orange never seems to have enough supply to keep up with demand although I have heard suggestions the problem is at the suppliers end (ie HTC).

• 2 weeks later...

The monkey I just spoke to said the M500 is likely to have been discontinued now that the M1500 has been released.

Which seems a bit odd to me given that i) the M1500 is a much bigger piece of kit, ii) it costs a load more.

Guest Pondrew
The monkey I just spoke to said the M500 is likely to have been discontinued now that the M1500 has been released.

Which seems a bit odd to me given that i) the M1500 is a much bigger piece of kit, ii) it costs a load more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and because the HTC Alpine hardware is about the same age as the Magician hardware. Orange needs to learn that these devices are alternatives, not replacements for each other. The more choice the better...

Guest eyecam

I have had a trial M500 on order from Orange for a while and I have just spoken to then about when stock will return I have been quoted Monday 24th October for the next batch. As always I would take this with a pinch of salt roughly the size of the EU salt mountain :o

E

Guest GrahamMW

I had a call from Orange yesterday offering me an early upgrade - my contract doesn't finish till December. They said they wanted to keep me as a customer - only been with them 10 years :o

Anyway, the two free phones they were offering me as I was wanted to stick with Windows Mobile as I have a C500, was the C550 and M500 - both are out of stock till Monday so they are calling be back. After comparing the two phones, I want the M500 and I want it now :(

I shall let you know the outcome - thats if they call me back.

I phoned Orange a couple of days ago to ask about an early upgrade and he offered me the M1500 for about £35. At that particular point I couldn't remember which device that was so I said I'd phone back. No dates from him when M500 would be in stock either.

After looking it up here I decided I wanted to stick with getting an M500 for the size and I'd wait for the Athena (XDA Atom) as my next upgrade.

Stock on all types of this model seem to be struggling, I got my PAC and ordered off of Buymobilesphones.net as they said they had the Qtek S110 in stock only to find out that it was out of stock and the next batch would be in on or about the 10/11! So phoned Phones2udirect and they said their stock of the S110 would be in the next couple of days, so switched my order to them. If they discontinue this line I have no idea what I'm going to get whilst waiting for the Atom (lol, just re-read that last bit).

Guest Bennington

Okay, Have just been to our local orange shop in pompey, to be told that they are no longer getting M500's in...................

They did have a demo M1500 in stock and said that these will be in on wednesday to purchase. They said that it is due to the launch of the M1500 that they will won't get any more M500's in. Not sure if that is the decision of the store, or if that is affecting all of orange shops.

oh, and they quoted me £179.99 for the phone

if the uk members want an m500 so badly then take a weekend break to holland , here you can buy one without a contract , with the pound being strong against the euro it would be far cheaper than buying it in the uk ;)

Guest GrahamMW

The reason for getting it in the UK is that they are offering the M500/C550 handsets free of charge.

They tried to call me Friday but I missed the call ;) Lets hope they ring back tomorrow.

Honestly guys, it hasnt been discontinued, we're due stock soon!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

& the guy I spoke to today in retentions absolutely insisted it had been replaced by the M1500 & would not be coming back in stock again...

...where do Orange find their staff?! ;)

i cant see the m500 leaving just yet , the main problem for the uk was not enough supply , in europe they are sitting on the shelves collecting dust , plus the m1500 is not even known by the orange here , the m500 is due to be bundled with tomtom here , in holland we had the m500 months before the uk , with none of the problems that the uk has had maybe the mother company of orange does not care :|

Guest deville

If the m500 is at the end of its short-lived life(and the m600 is next in line to take the throne) what will be the wait on that puppy? Does anybody know :??:

Guest deville

I went into the orange shop in horsham today. They said that the wait in their store for the m500 is 4-6 weeks due to high demand, BUT they are getting in the next delivery this afternoon ;)

Guest GrahamMW

Had a call back from Orange today and they said the M500 is not in stock yet. It might be next week but they haven't a clue. They offered me a M1500 for £79.99 or a C550 for free. I told them to call me back next week and update me. He said that I am a grade 5 customer - anyone know what that is??