Fast Future Race, new high-speed 3D racing game

Guest Osaris

PocketNew is proud to announce FFRace, a revolutionary high-speed 3D racing game for Windows Mobile (Pocket PC and Smartphone)

smp1.pngsmp2.pngsmp3.png

FFRace takes you to the world of ship racing, where you will discover what speed really means.

Features include:

• 3 game modes

• 5 different ships to race with

• Total races to play : infinite!

• Smoothest racing game on a Smartphone to date

• Original color 3D graphics

FFRace will be released soon, in the meantime you can try the beta of the demo:

Download for Pocket PC & QVGA Smarphones

Download for Smartphone

Edited by Osaris

Guest nikjensie

The Beta messed my MPx220 up... Copied the content of the Zip to Storage Card, made shortcut for StartMenu/Games, every time I tried to go into Games folder in Start Menu, phone froze, tried starting it with FileManager, when I tried entering the Program Files folder on Storage Card, phone froze...

Had some trouble deleting the files again, but phone is stable again...

Nik

The Beta messed my MPx220 up... Copied the content of the Zip to Storage Card, made shortcut for StartMenu/Games, every time I tried to go into Games folder in Start Menu, phone froze, tried starting it with FileManager, when I tried entering the Program Files folder on Storage Card, phone froze...

Had some trouble deleting the files again, but phone is stable again...

Nik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow that's strange... And does the game itself run when you lauch it without using a shortcut?

FFrace runs fine on the SPV C500 and C550 although it doesn't display full screen (QVGA) on the C550.  Plays well too  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use the Pocket PC version for the C550 :(

nikjensie, I really don't understand what's happen... Does anyone else here have the same problem? :|

Guest rperalta

I have a SMT5600 on WM5. Couple questions:

How come it does not do anything when I press the Action button.

It seems like that the right soft key works as and "enter" key - but it's not labeled.

Thanks!

Looks like a nice game, but..... (there's always a but)

I just tried the QVGA version on the C550, and it doesn't display properly. The right hand side of the playing area is actually drawn on the right hand side of the screen. This is both for menus and gameplay. Also, it's not full screen either. It looks like other normal spv games displayed on the C550.

I got a question too.... I went into the settings, and there is just options for what I think (due to not being able to read the text properly because of the above problem) are left, right, resume<?> and quit <?> So does this mean there's no acceleration or brake in this game?

Also, in relation to rperalta's post - the right joystick action acts as the enter button.

Looking fantastic! Keep up the good work :o

//****** Just put the normal SPV version on the C550 and the display is drawn properly - although obviously still not full screen.

Hope this helps :(

Edited by catlas

Guest gorcorps

I'm using it on an mpx200 and it works decently. I have to use the right joystick as the enter button also, and thats quite annoying. Also, I'd really like to see volume control or a mute somewhere. The sound isn't even muted when my phone is on silent, which is also very annoying.

But the game runs good and provides entertainment, good job!

Guest awarner [MVP]

The ppc version does not work correctly on the C500

the display is screwed up.

Also noticed the opoents cheat and take shortcuts through the bends :o

Nice speed though.

post-53-1126824493_thumb.jpg post-53-1126824517_thumb.jpg

Guest awarner [MVP]

The smartphone version plays ok on the C550 as expected it plays in a smaller window.

Only things so far and I am sure you are aware of them.

When you crash into the side of the course, sometimes the graphics crash with white flashes and frame clipping and you lose what you are doing.

Only other thing is the sound could do with being a bit smoother it breaks up quite a bit.

Overall a great looking game and any help I can give in testing let me know :o

EDIT :oops: missed the posts above mentioning some of these problems.

Hope the screen shots help though :(

osaris - the solution to the gapi problem is detecting and using the hires support of the C550 Gapi - within the gx.dll there is legacy support for old games and hence it returns the old dimensions

in order to use the fullscreen you have to use the hires support in there

Edited by muff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...