Photo

Removing c500 fascia WITHOUT voiding warranty!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

matt14

matt14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:spv500
Ok. I had a go at this procedure (in an attempt to replace the front fascia on my C500) but I had to abandon the job halfway through. Fortunately, the reassembled phone still works fine after all the pulling and tugging (but I was very worried it wouldn't.)

When I tried to prise the fascia (black) from body (silver) of the phone, it was clear that the LCD screen was attached in some way to the back of the fascia. There was no way I could pull the fascia/body fully apart without damaging the connections between the LCD and the circuit board, especially with so little room to work in between a 'slightly separated' fascia and body. (BTW I've not had any problems with dust on the LCD which I guess is due to the seal & the attachment of the LCD to the fascia.)

Is my only option now to send the phone to HTC for a proper repair job? Anyone know how they'll manage to separate the components safely when the LSD is attached to the fascia like this?

Thanks

Matt

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

When I tried to prise the fascia (black) from body (silver) of the phone, it was clear that the LCD screen was attached in some way to the back of the fascia. There was no way I could pull the fascia/body fully apart without damaging the connections between the LCD and the circuit board, especially with so little room to work in between a 'slightly separated' fascia and body. (BTW I've not had any problems with dust on the LCD which I guess is due to the seal & the attachment of the LCD to the fascia.)

Is my only option now to send the phone to HTC for a proper repair job? Anyone know how they'll manage to separate the components safely when the LSD is attached to the fascia like this?

Thanks

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The LCD isn't attached with anything stronger than double sided foam tape and wedged in, use a knife to prise the plastic edge free and the screen will come away.

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

BanziBarn

BanziBarn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500
Yes, you do have to be carfuly not to break the connectors, thats why you should slide the credit card up the right side of the phone. Once thats dissconected I found the other side (which has the connecting ribbon) easy to get off - as far as I remember I just opened the facia like a door and the other side popped off.

Benjc

Benjc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:SPV C600
Hi,
I Have the same dust problem but need to do it on a c600 (without voiding the warranty),
Thanks.

Benjc

Benjc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:SPV C600
Hi,
I Need to do this but with a spv c600 (without voiding the warranty),
Thanks.

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

Hi,
I Need to do this but with a spv c600 (without voiding the warranty),
Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't cross post or double post. Might be better to continue in the topic you started:

http://www.modaco.co...en-t238205.html

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

LHBALESJR

LHBALESJR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 2125

Please don't cross post or double post. Might be better to continue in the topic you started:

http://www.modaco.co...en-t238205.html

Richard

Has anyone here sucessfully done this with a Cingular 2125 (with the hump)? I have read these posts over and over and am having a very difficult time removing the antenna cover. I've got a bad scratch on the silver fascia or front of the phone and need to remove the back cover. I was planning on using some model paint to repaint the silver portion of the phone. The scratch is just at the point on the antenna hump where the silver part meets the antenna cover. I can get one side started, but it feels like something else is holding it in place. On my phone, the little opening just to the left of the battery connector is very small. I'm wondering if the antenna cover on the 2125 might be held in place differenty than models without the hump.

I would like to buy a new complete housing for this phone, but can't seem to find one anywhere. I've seen Fluffcats's Ebay listing, but that housing wouldn't match up with my phone since it has the hump. I'm concerned about my reception if I were to remove that oversized antenna trying to fit it into a C600 housing. I called Cingular, who referred me to HTC who referred me back to Cingular. It looks like no one will sell parts for this phone. I had resigned myself to having to paint it, but I can't even get the antenna cover off. In the process of trying, I seemed to have done something to keep the antenna cover from closing back completely. Now it kind of sticks up on the left side. Any help would be appreciated.

*I've attached a picture that shows those two openings. Notice how small the opening is to the left of the battery connector. I'm afraid I'm going to damage something trying to get that antenna cover off.

Attached Files

whydah appeal

whydah appeal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:spv 500
I know it's a long time since this post was started, and added to for that matter, but I just cleaned my c500 and its worked great!

many thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users