M500 woe's

Guest nigel26

ok, i've now decided to wait...

i've been to'ing and fro'ing with Talkworld for the best part of this whole week trying to sort out the order for an M500 and today was the last straw where i politely told them that they were doing my head in and i wanted them to cancel the order. Which they have.

so i'm thinking it would be far less hassle just to wait for Orange to get them back in stock and buy from an Orange store instead.

is anyone else having as much trouble as me getting hold of an M500 ??

i really hope the unit is worth all this grief.

p.s. someone might want to edit the advert for buymobilephonesonline.net for the M500 free on YP200 etc. according to the guy on the blower on Monday they (Orange) have discontinued the M500... some how i think he just wanted me to have something else.

Edited by nigel26

Guest chucky.egg

Somebody else has said tha about it being discontinued, but no official word from O AFAIK - in fact one of the OCS guys that comes here suggested they were simply out of stock.

If you're after something quick I'd take a look at the S110, which apparently comes with 128Mb instead of the M500's 64Mb

Guest mupwangle

I gave up trying for an M500 and eventually got an S110 delivered this morning. To be honest I thought the M500 was better looking until I finally saw them in the flesh. The S110 is gun-metal grey (darker than the M500) and quite soft-shaped. Plus the memory upgrade and the fact that it does seem to be in the shops! Much better manual than I've come to expect with orange (normally 2 pages about the phone and 100 about orange). My c500 manual was laughable.

Me happy now. ;-)

Having had about 4 hours to play with this thing - I'm like a pig in ****. ;-D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'll have a look into the S110 then and the i-mate jam.

Thanks for the info guys.

Guest jim.mason

I was waiting to get an upgrade through O but had no luck, so I cancelled and bought the S110 from buymobilephones.net on the O2 100 plan. £25/month with 100 mins and texts and the phone was £39.99

This phone rocks and with the additional memory have no problems having lots of apps open.

Give it a look its GR8

Jim

M500 IS getting discontinued after the M2000 gets a release next month

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats what i wanted to know... thanks for comfirming that.

S110 here i come :o

yeah, i know what you mean.

so any recommendations on somewhere i can get an S110 from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd try buymobilephones.net - they are doing the S110 for £29.99 on a £30/month O2 12-month contract or free on a £30/month vodafone 18-month contract.

Guest adchaffey

I've had my eye on the M500 for a while now, but waiting for my contract with orange to finish in the next couple of months. I really don't want to move away from the orange network, but what options do I have if they do discontinue the M500???

Is there a viable alternative on the horizon worth waiting for from orange???

I know the M500 has been around (in a few forms) for a while now, but surely there is a newer version on the way, as they did with the C500/C550 and now C600????

Please orange! Why are you doing this to me?!??!? :cry:

Guest allydent

It seems strange that they would let the M500 release drag on for so long, but then only have it on release for three months, to be replaced by a device with a very (to us, probably not to a standard phone user) different style and use.

Guest fluffcat1
M500 IS getting discontinued after the M2000 gets a release next month

Wow. That's gone end-of-life quickly.....I've only had it 9 weeks and already it's been replaced....

Richard

Wow. That's gone end-of-life quickly.....I've only had it 9 weeks and already it's been replaced....

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IF it's being discontinued. I'd still like to know the source that gave Tech this info.

Full respect to Tech, he has made some great contributions to the community. But he also believed Orange when they previously told him the SPV M5000 was going to have Windows XP embedded... :?:

made a decision (finally) and went for the S110 on O2 100 from buymobilephonesonline

got an email this morning saying they were pending stock.... arrhhhhhgggg!

anyway, at least i know the orders confirmed and they will get it to me asap.

Guest mupwangle

>>buymobilephonesonline

Is that the same as buymobilephones.net? I ordered the S110 from them and they told me it was in stock every time I called and eventually admitted they didn't have any.