M500 woe's

Guest nigel26

Guest martinwilliams999
sorry - M5000 not 2000 lol (getting confused!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a shame!

Sure, the M5000 looks great with the keyboard & all, but weighing in at well over half a pound it's HEAVY!

The M500 was usable as a phone without the need for Arnie-esque muscles.

Imagine holding the M5000 to your ear for more than a few minutes.

If Orange really are ditching the small PDA form factor for good, they'll be levering themselves out of an important sector of the PocketPC market.

It'll be a Qtek or Eten for me then.

>>buymobilephonesonline

Is that the same as buymobilephones.net?  I ordered the S110 from them and they told me it was in stock every time I called and eventually admitted they didn't have any.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that makes me feel great...lol

where did you get yours from then !?

Guest mupwangle

I was a bit daft as while I was on the phone to them to whinge about it they actually had it ready to post out so I cancelled it!

They will send it eventually.

I eventually got it from phones2udirect who are a nightmare to get hold of and they'd run out of stock. At least they admitted it.

Worth the wait though.

Guest fluffcat1
I got my source from orange shop in the town center :o

An Orange business centre told me 6 months ago the m2000 had been discontinued ( because they had no stock ) :roll:

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

Yeah, unfortunately misinformation from Orange themselves and online resellers happens way too much.

There was an amusing story on here recently about a sales rep in an Orange shop who swore blind that Orange did not do a certain model of phone (can't remember which) until the customer pulled out that model complete with Orange branding at which point the poor flustered sales rep said that it must be counterfeit and that they should make a complaint to whoever sold it to them. It got better though, it had been the sale reps own manager that sold it the week before! :roll:

M500 IS getting discontinued after the M2000 gets a release next month

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for the late post, but I don't understand how Orange can discontinue the M500 when it just had a full page article in this month's T3 magazine (page 9)?! I'm waiting for its re-stock too, and Orange keep telling me it SHOULD be in in 1-2 weeks! I'm starting to loose faith...

lol @ pondrew lol :o i didnt believe orange when they said "Windows XP Embedded"... it just made me laugh

But yes, I asked again a couple of days ago to a different phone trainer @ orange and they said the M500 will be discontinued after the M2000 gets the release next month

Well, I'm only telling you guys from what I did my research on :lol: I dont know whats going on myself - nor do orange. One guys says something else, the next person says something else.

:(

Edited by Tech

lol @ pondrew lol :o i didnt believe orange when they said "Windows XP Embedded"... it just made me laugh

But yes, I asked again a couple of days ago to a different phone trainer @ orange and they said the M500 will be discontinued after the M2000 gets the release next month

Well, I'm only telling you guys from what I did my research on :lol: I dont know whats going on myself - nor do orange. One guys says something else, the next person says something else.

:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After the M2000 is released? They'll be jumping in the old time machine then? :P

Phone trainers have said many amusing things in the past (with due respect to those that are members here - they tend to know a bit more).

Guest adchaffey

I agree it seems pretty odd for orange to be dropping the M500 already, unless of course the M600 (HTC Wizard) is on the way???? That would make a lot more sense. Could it be that somebody somewhere has confused the release ofthe M2000 with the M600??? Just a guess people, but the M600 must be on it's way!! (I hope!)

Does anyone have any idea when the M600 will be released?? In fact, does anyone know when any HTC wizard device will be hitting the market, as I'm not exactly the most loyal of orange's cusomers! :o

• 4 weeks later...
back in the stores now....& cheaper ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spoke to Orange upgrades and retentions this evening and was told that the M500 was only available to new customers, and that it would be available on upgrade in 1to2 weeks!

I've been told this phone will be available in 1to2 weeks for longer than 2 months now! I really am sick and tired of this service. Time to switch methinks.

Guest Pondrew

Choose your new HTC Magician carefully folks, there's less and less reason to accept one with only 64meg of ram (as the Orange SPV M500 has) as all the 128 versions are getting steadily cheaper (expansys had a one day only offer of simfree 128meg Jam for under £330 the other day which will probably come again).

Added to which the Pocket PC Phone field is moving on very quickly with the new HTC Wizard out and believable rumours of a new 128meg rom WM5 Pocket PC Phone smaller then the Magician (search for references to the XDA Atom if u want to know more).

EDIT: Moved to HTC Magician section (not sure why I didn't do it sooner :?: )

• 3 weeks later...