Different brands of mini SD cards...

Guest ManImCool

Guest ManImCool

Hello everyone,

I finally can't take it any longer and decided I need more memory storage. Probably a GB mini SD, or 2 512's, depending on which is cheaper, but has anyone had any problems with certain brands? Right now I'm kinda looking to buy PQI... input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Guest awarner [MVP]

I've not heard of any makes causing problems, I currently use

a 1GB MobyMemory, but I've just ordered a 1GB from ebay. only £47

all in. Just watch out for ebay as they have postal insurance as well as

standard postage which will hike the price up a bit.

Guest Paraklas

Some people reported problems (incl. me) with Sandisk 256MB miniSD but those problems have been resolved with the introduction of later firmwares for the mpx220. I now personally have a Sandisk 256MB and a PQI 512MB and both work perfectly - although PQI seems to work a bit faster than the sandisk.

Guest ManImCool

Is it worth it to buy a USB mini SD card reader? Is using activesync for long big file transfers really going to take that long, and will a reader make a huge difference? I know you can get one for like 5, 10 bucks, but is there a huge speed difference?

reader won't make much difference

I bought myself about a month ago, crucial 512MB miniSD (comes with free SDCard converter) and crucial 9-in-1 memory reader for under £50 inc next day P&P :o awesome schtuff!

transferred 400MB of files and that took over an hour to do....

Guest heavylint

Must be something wrong with the reader or using a USB1.0 device maybe?

Transferring big files through Activesync is PAINFULL and slow. A 20 min transfer that restarted every time the phone would ring took a few minutes with a reader. Makes a world of difference on a USB 2.0 reader.

Guest flashrus.com

MiniSD format have not hadreliability issues. Most of the ones in mass production are reliable, though durability of the build quality is a different story. Aside from that, there are no cronic compatability problems that I know of for MiniSD for different manufactures

Guest jsppty
Is it worth it to buy a USB mini SD card reader? Is using activesync for long big file transfers really going to take that long, and will a reader make a huge difference? I know you can get one for like 5, 10 bucks, but is there  a huge speed difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I would definetly invest in a memory card read/writer!!!

Transfering files, especially large files, via ActiveSync is very slow.

well for miniSD i bought 512MB from crucial memory - great price too! next day delivery and free! :o

they also include an SD slot too to put in the miniSD for phones like E200 where they do not accept miniSD

I once transferred the entire Windows 2000 I386 folder to this 512MB miniSD

took just over an hour... :(

Edited by Tech

As any of you guys who have got theres from ebay got any links to the seller they bought off,As ive seen loads on there from hong kong is that where u guys got yours from?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thedriver

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience comparing a standard (say SanDisk) miniSD and something like the Adata 60x miniSD... does the 60x card make any difference to the speed of the phone???

Guest Pondrew
As any of you guys who have got theres from ebay got any links to the seller they bought off,As ive seen loads on there from hong kong is that where u guys got yours from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry bout the delay but was waiting til the card arrived before recommending the seller. It arrived succesfully (altho had to get it from post office as was out when they tried ot deliver) and works fine.

£43 all in for a 1gig mini-sd Sandisk with adapter. Bargain.

The seller is flashman852 on Ebay.

Guest thedriver
The seller is flashman852 on Ebay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

flashman852 is the primary seller of flash based memory on eBay.

Just need to watch out for the postal insurance, it can be quite high... i'm sure he makes some of his money that way.

Guest Memory Mad

I recommend Lexar SDcards or Sandisk Cards....the Sandisk mem card range is probably the best in the market coz of their transfer speeds. I bought mine from Memory King and i thought these guys were good on price compared to high street retailers and most online retailers....plus i got free delivery! Anyways heres the link: www.MemoryKing.com ;)

Edited by Memory Mad

• 3 weeks later...