• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

8ball

8ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7330

I've no first-hand info but various members have reported being told that; by Orange and Expansys (or another reseller) from memory. Orange's prolonged lack of stock naturally fuels the rumours, as does idle tittle-tattle by me !  :o

These XDA-type devices are confusing the hell out of me. Hopefully we've got guides up here to explain the difference between the M1000 & M2000 ! I wish I could understand Orange's Smartphone / PPC strategy too... :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The SPM M1500 is an updated version of the M1000, no Keyboard but similar spec to the M2000.

It was only a matter of time..................

Shrike

Shrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Just an updated version? Pah. Orange really need to play some serious catch up with O2 really >_<

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II

Just an updated version? Pah. Orange really need to play some serious catch up with O2 really >_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really. The SPV M1500 if it is the HTC Alpine (as I'm more inclined to believe given the info of it being an uprated SPV M1000 in the same chassis) will be identical to the XDAIIi (the latest XDA not counting the as yet unreleased XDA Exec) but with the latest operating system (so putting the O2 offering in the shade).

If Orange were to release both the SPV M5000 and SPV M1500 in the next month they would actually have a fuller more upto date range then O2 with their XDA brand!

Shrike

Shrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Well yes, but no doubt O2 will pull something out of their magic bag going "AH-HAH! Suprise!"

pswillies

pswillies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:02 XDA IIs, HTC Tytn II
I rang Orange earlier today to ask about upgrading to the M2000. I was told it was out of stock, but they did have the M1500 available.

They wanted to charge me a fortune for it though so I think I'm off to O2 for an XDA instead. Not sure whether to go for the IIs or IIi though.

:o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users