• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

PeterG

PeterG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i747m
I live in Canada and my wireless provider is Rogers. I tried this tip any which way I could including doing many google.com searches, but it would appear that this doesn't work on the Rogers network.

Just thought I'd post a message to save time for any else on the Rogers networks wanted to give this a try.

It would appear the only recourse we have on Rogers is to call customer service and have them adjust it.

Detslider

Detslider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i617
Just did this in my Audiovox SMT5600 on the USA Cingular network and it worked great. Thanks!

mbriody

mbriody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Can't get this to work on my C550 on Orange - keeps telling me "command not supported". Any ideas?

I've tried the original code, the Orange variant noted above (with 2 *'s) and using the international version of the answerphone number. Still no go.

eilz

eilz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Can't get this to work on my C550 on Orange - keeps telling me "command not supported". Any ideas?

I've tried the original code, the Orange variant noted above (with 2 *'s) and using the international version of the answerphone number. Still no go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can anyone get it to work on a T-Mobile MDA Vario, keep saying COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED, tried various combinations.

ALSO: Is this setting put on a phone basis or is it put onto the SIM CARD?

accord206

accord206

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mpx220
Mpx220 T-mobile

Succeeded! Thanks Guys it works. I put it for 30 seconds. :)

elsandalos

elsandalos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:SP5

Can anyone get it to work on a T-Mobile MDA Vario, keep saying COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED, tried various combinations.

ALSO: Is this setting put on a phone basis or is it put onto the SIM CARD?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just so you know, this has just worked fine on my Vario. Keep trying ;)

El.

thyezer

thyezer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 2125
Wow! Worked for me..
Cingular
on a Cingular 2125

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt

Karmus

Karmus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
The code as described here didn't work for me. However I typed
**61*+4523121212**30#
and that made it do the trick, if I left out the '11'. Other having the same problem that solved by this?

Edited by Karmus, 04 February 2010 - 01:40 AM.

ctcguy

ctcguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc maple
Hi. I need more time to record my voice mail greetings. The trick could be the code that precedes number of minutes needed. In this case it's 11. Any ideas how to overcome that problem?

I read the following article in a Mobile Phone magazine yesterday and though it might be of interest.

I don't know if you get frustrated with the relatively short time that some mobile phones appear to ring before going on to Voice Mail and wished that this timescale could be extended (bag/pocket search and extract time) , but if you suffer from this problem, then here is a fix.

Note: This may not work for all phones or networks, but you can't do any harm trying..

Step 1. Key in the following into your phone *#61# then press the call/send button. This will return a telephone number and, on smartphones, the current delay time before voice mail kicks in .

Step 2. Write it down. (For Orange, I think the number would be 0793100123 for example)

Step 3. If you wanted, say, 25 seconds, before the Voice mail activated, then you would put 30 where the nn is in the following string and the telephone number from step 2 where the xxxxxxxx is.

Key in **61*xxxxxxxxx*11*nn# followed by the call/send button and it should update the delay.

For example, if I was on Orange and I wanted a 25 second delay, I would key in **61*07973100123*11*25#

If your phone reports the delay time, you can check by following step 1 again.

If it doesn't work, then 2 things to try.
Double-check that you have entered the correct number of stars and hashes or try putting the telephone number in International format (eg +44793100123 instead of 0793100123)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users