SPV C600 or Imate SP5

Guest iwilliams

Guest iwilliams

What would be a better phone

the SP5 from Imate out now or wait for the Orange SPV C600

Hardware are they completey the same ? Screen etc etc

ALso does the Imate get ROM updates like the Orange SPV C500 did?

I know Orange take ages to update but they do in the end...does Imate ?

Would you wait for the SPV c600 or just go get the SP5 now...

What would be a better phone

the SP5 from Imate out now or wait for the Orange SPV C600

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great question. I would love to know the answer.

The only things I could add at the moment is that the SP5 looks a bit different from the C500 whereas the C600 has a similar (seen it already) look.

Also I believe the imate will have WiFi (if that appeals), but from what people have said the Orange phone/C600 won't.

Cheers

Chiz

Guest iwilliams
Great question.  I would love to know the answer.

The only things I could add at the moment is that the SP5 looks a bit different from the C500 whereas the C600 has a similar (seen it already) look.

Also I believe the imate will have WiFi (if that appeals), but from what people have said the Orange phone/C600 won't.

Cheers

Chiz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I phoned orange today and there saying it has wifi.

Who is saying NOW that it doesnt?

Who is saying NOW that it doesnt?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It don't know who is "saying NOW" it doesn't come with WiFi, but in the past they have been.

Numerous posts on here - Search.

See review from Coolsmartphone stating no WiFi module.

As mentioned in another post with some input from Disco Stu, Orange may have altered the spec (i.e. kept WiFi) after seeing what people are saying.

Chiz

It don't know who is "saying NOW" it doesn't come with WiFi, but in the past they have been.

Numerous posts on here - Search.

See review from Coolsmartphone stating no WiFi module.

As mentioned in another post with some input from Disco Stu, Orange may have altered the spec (i.e. kept WiFi) after seeing what people are saying.

Chiz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I asked Orange today and they said the C600 WON'T have wifi. Which is pretty disappointing (if not entirely unexpected) if true.

I phoned orange today and there saying it has wifi.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I asked Orange today and they said the C600 WON'T have wifi.  Which is pretty disappointing (if not entirely unexpected) if true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting (but not surprising) how two people have phoned orange today and have got differnet answers. :roll: :roll:

Chiz

is there anything official about the C600 yet? I have searched the Orange site but there is no C600 there at all, so there might still be a chance that when everythings official they have added wifi? You would think that with a phone that is probably gonna be exlusive to Orange they would add this feature since Orange don't support EDGE...it just would't make sense not to add it.

Guest Pondrew
is there anything official about the C600 yet? I have searched the Orange site but there is no C600 there at all, so there might still be a chance that when everythings official they have added wifi? You would think that with a phone that is probably gonna be exlusive to Orange they would add this feature since Orange don't support EDGE...it just would't make sense not to add it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the interesting thing. I have no idea if this is true or not but it's been suggested that Orange are introducing edge support...

Me well i would go for the SP5m just like the idea of controlling my music without navigating to media player. kinda remote like..

But saying that i do prefer the i300.. whole hard drive thing sold me.

i have 2numbers 2phones, currently mpx200 and mda compact. both will be gone and replaced with i300 and sp5m. Will wait on the PPC phone edition for a bit.. give it a few months something even better will be out. So will look to get PPC phone ed early nxt year.

Zim

Thats the interesting thing. I have no idea if this is true or not but it's been suggested that Orange are introducing edge support...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Come to think of it, I think I have read that somewhere to. Doesn't look so good for wifi in the c600 then. According to Orange it's both no and yes..something tells me they are abit sadistic on purpose hehe.

Orange UK;

"Ring ring"

Bob: -Hey John, some guy want's to know if the C600 has wifi or not, did we say yes or no last time?

John: - I belive we said yes last time Bob, better make it a no this time hohoho. :(/ :twisted:

all this followed by a laughter that brings the house down everytime they hang up the phone. :o

:o  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a c550 , went on Ebay one after I had it :twisted: Nice screen but not needed on a smartphone. Just got the SP5 this morning. OMG what a device !!! Still playing can give a review if you all want.

Guest Pagemakers

There is no comparison. The C600 has crap buttons (if they are like the 500/550). Buttons are main human/machine interface.

C600 - no wifi.

I have a C550 and it's sat in my drawer since the week it arrived. I just don't like that phone.

The SP5 on the other hand is the best smartphone I've every owned by miles and I've owned the lot!

Edited by Pagemakers

Guest iwilliams
There is no comparison. The C600 has crap buttons (if they are like the 500/550).  Buttons are main human/machine interface.

C600 - no wifi.

I have a C550 and it's sat in my drawer since the week it arrived.  I just don't like that phone.

The SP5 on the other hand is the best smartphone I've every owned by miles and I've owned the lot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you say the buttons are crap on the C600?

|I agree with you on the C550....didnt like that at all. Still got the C500 because the C550 was so crap

Ok thanks for the reply. I have ordered a SP5 from expandsys. Only thing now is the thing is on back order.

Does anyone know where I could get it now online?

Guest Pagemakers

I say the C600 buttons are crap because they look identical to the C500/550.

I ordered my SP5 from expansys when they had 35 in stock.

They didn't deliver however because they said they had 150 back orders when I called to check the progress of my order. So I cancelled and ordered from Mobile Fun in Brum instead. Great guys!

Search the internet for 'buy imate SP5'. That's all I did.

Guest PPCPassion
I say the C600 buttons are crap because they look identical to the C500/550.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pagemakers,

Since you have both C550 and IM5, and you seem to like keys on IM5 better than C550, can you tell if keys on the top (Home, back, and soft keys) are any larger than C550? I currently have C550 and am not unhappy about it but at some point will like to upgrade to either IM5 or C600. Only reason I am thinking about C600 is due to different key layout (not the quality) on C600. Keys (mentioned above)seem to be larger than IM5.

Thanks

Guest Pondrew
According to this chart the C600 and SP5 are the same

HTC Chart

Found the link on coolsmartphone.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That chart says lots of things, some of them inaccurate. I wouldn't go by it myself.