WM5 Tweaks Wanted

Guest Pagemakers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slamzeedoor

I would like to be able to change the contacts and the email buttons to launch my Goodlink applications. Goodlink doesn't seem to be 100% WM% compatible yet, and I am looking for a work around.

Guest chrisc28
Re right soft key tweak: the tweak is intended for the WM2003SE units. Maybe they (MS) have changed bits of settings/configurations on the WM5's registry so that a WM2003SE tweak may seem to install but behaves differently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm having similar problems. Even disabling the :MSCONTACTS key value doesn't work. WM5.0 seems pretty strict in customisations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tha_neo

Am i´m the only one with this problem, if I change my startmenu to the old style and then close 'Start' with xbar and then tries to open the startmenu it doesnt show any thing. I´ll have to change it back to WM5 style and then back to WM2003 style.......

If you save a new number into your contacts on the SP5 it does not update your call list afterwards with the name but leaves the number on show. As this is a WM 5.0 wish list and my old T610 did update to display the name I'd like to add this one to the list.

Guest Paul [MVP]
If you save a new number into your contacts on the SP5 it does not update your call list afterwards with the name but leaves the number on show. As this is a WM 5.0 wish list and my old T610 did update to display the name I'd like to add this one to the list.

This is really annoying for me, it also doesn't update the messages... i've flagged it with MS tho!

;)

P

Guest gilesjuk
This is really annoying for me, it also doesn't update the messages... i've flagged it with MS tho!

;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can tell them problems with Windows Smartphone I will come up with a huge list.

Guest flashgordonv
#1 Go Look here http://smartphonedubai.com/groupee/forums/...05194#245105194

#2 What u mean ?

#3 Under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMRU

there is a "key" called "InitialOrder"  this is also a List just fill in the apps you want, but be careful  its in reverse order !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there by chance a registry editor I can use on my PC to edit the SP5 registry? Would make it so much easier than entering all that data by key on the phone.... Then I am essentially lazy .....

Am i´m the only one with this problem, if I change my startmenu to the old style and then close 'Start' with xbar and then tries to open the startmenu it doesnt show any thing. I´ll have to change it back to WM5 style and then back to WM2003 style.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Question for Tha_Neo,

What version of xbar are you using? I have tried 2.5 on my SP5 and it doesn't render properly. I looked on the Xetra site but it doesn't mention WM5 compatibility on version 2.6 either.

Guest flashgordonv
Is there by chance a registry editor I can use on my PC to edit the SP5 registry?  Would make it so much easier than entering all that data by key on the phone....  Then I am essentially lazy .....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I tried editing the registry to get the Start menu in the order I wanted. Got them all lined up, but it has made not a scrpa of difference. The SP5 just boots uo now with the Start menu in alphabetical order, no matter what I do to the Start Menu Registry item

• 1 month later...
I would like to be able to change the contacts and the email buttons to launch my Goodlink applications.  Goodlink doesn't seem to be 100% WM% compatible yet, and I am looking for a work around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rename the Shortcut U have to Ur program to .. and drop it in the Windows folder.. on Ur unlocked phone.. or just edit the one that U want to change..

Rename to .. or edit :

Short_AP1.lnk for Contact button.

Short_AP2.lnk for Email button.

Short_CAMERA.lnk for .. eh Camera button ;)

Short_POC.lnk for Comm manager button.

Tested and working on my Qtek 8310.

I´ll use the Contact one for taskmanger .. as it also have a contact button under the screen.. seems little ontop to have 2 contact button .. hm..

Be sure to do a copy of the orginal if U need to go back.

Carlis

Edited by Carlis