Smartphone Quake?

Guest nyillustrator

Guest mikeeey

well it seems its not in the CONFIG.cfg file cuz of replaced every little possible thing numerous times and no change on the screen. ahhh i NEED this to be not cut off and 320 x 240 resolution. we need jesus for this. or ID software lol.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
I am almost finishing compiling the first test for qvga

:rolleyes: :( :) thanksyou!!!

i see u hav a motorola mpx200. wont it be kinda hard testing if its qvga cuz ud hav to post it here every time for us to tell u if it works?

wat do u use to edit the exe file and then compile it and make it in winCE format?

Edited by mikeeey

Here is my visual studio 2005 quake project with my changes so it would run on an SDA. Sorry to say it only displays at 220 by 176 and had no luck getting it to display at qvga. Also I'll be releasing my hexen II source code soon too.

Have fun hacking!

QvgaQuake.zip

Guest jaikben

I HAD a mpx220 its broken lol, i have a imate sp5 now, and sorry but it didn't work, actually it is easy to do, just edit the vid_ppc.c, but the problem is compiling it to wm05 format which tool to use? I know use bloodshed c++

I HAD a mpx220 its broken lol, i have a imate sp5 now, and sorry but it didn't work, actually it is easy to do, just edit the vid_ppc.c, but the problem is compiling it to wm05 format which tool to use? I know use bloodshed c++

Hi, I asked Roozbeh for help and this is what he said :

Well unfortuanatly i am still very busy with lots of all other stuff,

but i hope this helps,or send this email to one who has modified the codes too!

gapi doesnt work with higher resolutions,you have to

put some code like this for your display initialization,short version,replace your gxopendisplay with this:

(its my initialization code in duke,anyway duke also seems to have problems,but i hope this work for you too,i didnt omit useless codes from here like log_write,for clearity,modify as nessecary to suit your needs,also i dont think you can have switch to windib,so you can also omit those parts that do exception handling...also usinggapi variable!)

UsingGapi=FALSE;

HDC hdc = GetDC(NULL);

ScreenMemoryBuffer = NULL;

GXScreenSize = GXGetDisplayProperties();

if ((GXScreenSize.cxWidth != GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN)) || (GXScreenSize.cyHeight !=

GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN))) //so now it seems it is hires device!

{

ExtEscape(hdc, GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER, 0, NULL, sizeof(RawFrameBufferInfo), (char *) &rfbi);

ScreenMemoryBuffer = rfbi.pFramePointer;

}

ReleaseDC(NULL, hdc);

if (ScreenMemoryBuffer==NULL)//if extescape returned nothing or it was normal device

{

Log_Write(L"ExtEscape failed or no hi-res device.\n");

if (GXOpenDisplay(NULL,GX_FULLSCREEN)==0)

OutputDebugString(L"GXOpenDisplay failed.\n");

ScreenMemoryBuffer = GXBeginDraw();

if (ScreenMemoryBuffer==NULL)

UsingGapi=FALSE;

}

else

Log_Write(L"using display buffer from ExtEscape.\n");

if (UsingGapi)

{//check if the surface ok or not

__try{

memset(ScreenMemoryBuffer,0,ScreenHeight * ScreenWidth * 2 - 2);//i think it is enough!

Log_Writec("Gapi surface seems to be ok.\n");

}

__except(EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER){

Log_Writec("crash detected on using gapi surface.Switching to windib.\n");

UsingGapi = FALSE;

}

}

if (UsingGapi)

Log_Writec("Using GAPI from now on.\n");

else

Log_Writec("Using WinDIB from now on.\n");

}

regards,

roozbeh

Edited by eole73

I looked at using ExtEscape but I think there is going to be a large performance decrease. What I would really like to try is direct draw.

The visual studio 2005 that allows you to use windows mobile SDK's is not free. But MS embedded visual 3.0 is free and the original version of spv quake was written for it.

Guest mikeeey
Hi, I asked Roozbeh for help and this is what he said :

Well unfortuanatly i am still very busy with lots of all other stuff,

but i hope this helps,or send this email to one who has modified the codes too!

gapi doesnt work with higher resolutions,you have to

put some code like this for your display initialization,short version,replace your gxopendisplay with this:

(its my initialization code in duke,anyway duke also seems to have problems,but i hope this work for you too,i didnt omit useless codes from here like log_write,for clearity,modify as nessecary to suit your needs,also i dont think you can have switch to windib,so you can also omit those parts that do exception handling...also usinggapi variable!)

UsingGapi=FALSE;

HDC hdc = GetDC(NULL);

ScreenMemoryBuffer = NULL;

GXScreenSize = GXGetDisplayProperties();

if ((GXScreenSize.cxWidth != GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN)) || (GXScreenSize.cyHeight !=

GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN))) //so now it seems it is hires device!

{

ExtEscape(hdc, GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER, 0, NULL, sizeof(RawFrameBufferInfo), (char *) &rfbi);

ScreenMemoryBuffer = rfbi.pFramePointer;

}

ReleaseDC(NULL, hdc);

if (ScreenMemoryBuffer==NULL)//if extescape returned nothing or it was normal device

{

Log_Write(L"ExtEscape failed or no hi-res device.\n");

if (GXOpenDisplay(NULL,GX_FULLSCREEN)==0)

OutputDebugString(L"GXOpenDisplay failed.\n");

ScreenMemoryBuffer = GXBeginDraw();

if (ScreenMemoryBuffer==NULL)

UsingGapi=FALSE;

}

else

Log_Write(L"using display buffer from ExtEscape.\n");

if (UsingGapi)

{//check if the surface ok or not

__try{

memset(ScreenMemoryBuffer,0,ScreenHeight * ScreenWidth * 2 - 2);//i think it is enough!

Log_Writec("Gapi surface seems to be ok.\n");

}

__except(EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER){

Log_Writec("crash detected on using gapi surface.Switching to windib.\n");

UsingGapi = FALSE;

}

}

if (UsingGapi)

Log_Writec("Using GAPI from now on.\n");

else

Log_Writec("Using WinDIB from now on.\n");

}

regards,

roozbeh

but where can we insert this code in the he gave us? it uses the .exe for this rather than a .cfg file.

lol whenever i try talking to roozbeh he never answers back. why??

Guest mikeeey
Here is my visual studio 2005 quake project with my changes so it would run on an SDA. Sorry to say it only displays at 220 by 176 and had no luck getting it to display at qvga. Also I'll be releasing my hexen II source code soon too.

Have fun hacking!

QvgaQuake.zip

if u compiled this into an exe at how its at now wat differences would there be? cuz u said u made changes on it. could u compile it into an exe or is it not noticable changes?

Edited by mikeeey

I the exe from my code was posted back in post #29 from this thread. It was my attempt at getting it running on my SDA (c550), some of the things it corrects are, white screen and save/restore games.

Guest mikeeey
I the exe from my code was posted back in post #29 from this thread. It was my attempt at getting it running on my SDA (c550), some of the things it corrects are, white screen and save/restore games.

o ok yea. thats the version if been using so far. i just need to get embedded visual tools 3.0 to install. i downloaded it from the microsoft site and now its askin for a cd?? so i cant install it now.

Guest jaikben

this should be pasted and adjusted in vic_pcc.c file, but some adjustmends has to be made, i tried some thing but all failled I wil continue trying my C ++ is not good, Visual basic is easier lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest r0b3r7
i don't comment your posts so do the same towards me please.

if my posts are so useless i think a mod should have deleted 'em.

well a friend of mine told me "if it isn't counter i don't bother trying to play it " (when i showed him duke3d and mydoomce)

now if i can find this build of cs if it really exists, i will show him :(

here you have 2 versions of counter-strike wads... they're named doom2.wad pand plutonia.wad, as irun them through mydoomce...

have fun... sorry posting this to spvQuake thread :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/98998492/cs.rar.html

Guest r0b3r7

impressions from spvQuake:

game need to be tweaked this way:

-enable user defined heapsize (game uses 5.3MB heap, can't be overrided by -heapsize cvar)

-two directories can be used: \quake and \Storage Card\Quake. When .pak file is located in \Storage Card\Quake\id1, game can't save.

Save only works from within \Quake\id1 directory. Thus most of us can't use big .pak file (18MB) which runs much faster,

we must use gzipped .pak.gz file instead which runs much slower of course. Or use even full Quake game .pak from storage card,

runs ok but without possibility to save game... and without saving it's noth worth.

So we need edit exe to run game from storage card and save to it.

-those .cfg tweaks posted above works ok, there is another cvar that make game runs even faster: r_fullbright "1"

this runs fast, but at cost of visual quality, game looks more like doom this way as no light sources are used.

-other useful tweak: host_framerate "0.12" (this don't affect framerate, but overall game speed - it seems moving better)

i love this game, if any of you will fix those save probs, i'll play it even on it's <15 fps and i'll be happy.

EDIT: for those with keymapping probs, all you have to do is to bind keys in your autoexec.cfg file.

those are mine:

bind "UPARROW" "+forward"

bind "DOWNARROW" "+back"

bind "LEFTARROW" "+left"

bind "RIGHTARROW" "+right"

bind "2" "+lookup"

bind "8" "+lookdown"

bind "4" "+moveleft"

bind "6" "+moveright"

bind "0" "+jump"

bind "*" "+attack"

bind "1" "impulse 10"

those settings don't disappear when you quit. you see, 1 is for weapon changing, others are similiar to spvDuke3d as i play it most...

Edited by r0b3r7

Guest r0b3r7
Here's a version that I made from the spv quake source that runs on my tmobile SDA (c550). Still working on optimzation and full screen. GAPI seems to have a problem with full screen because it only gives you 176 by 220 screen size. Also it will save your key mapping.

PocketQuake.zip

fine exe you have.

now i can save/load games. :D

and with my OMAP OC'ed to 220MHz it's ALMOST playable

Edited by r0b3r7