Flat Rate GPRS on Orange (if you're PAYG...)

Guest PaulOBrien

Appologies if this has already been said but I have checked most of the thread and couldn't see it.

You can get a free PAYG sim from orange... founds this after I'd ordered mine, but this comes with free offpeak calls and 3000 off peak texts...

for free it's a bargain.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/simoffer

Open until the 19th I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks just ordered one...

Terran

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
The terms say 3G data isn't included... it would be interesting to validate if that really is the case!

P

I don't see how, 3G and 2.5G uses the same APN. When i last upgraded and got my 3 months/1000mb of data for free i called the wirefree line (156) and got it confirmed that if i used my new USIM in my old C500 i would still use that 1000mb of free data, which i did...

Guest tsutton
You can get a free PAYG sim from orange... founds this after I'd ordered mine, but this comes with free offpeak calls and 3000 off peak texts...

Thanks, have requested one! ;)

Guest Confucious

Just got my £1 SIM and it comes with £1 credit, 3000 free of peak texts and 30 days to use 30 free MMS messages as soon as it's activated I'll try registering for the GPRS ;)

Guest Confucious

Well, I registered my phone and sent the text at 9:10 this morning for the GPRS - as it came with £1 of credit this was used up. I still have not been able to use GPRS and when I try and send a photo message it comes back with a text saying I don't have enough credit - even though I received text confirmation that I have 30 photo messages free in the next 30 days.

I tried phoning Orange only top be told that I don't have enough credit to speak to them!

I am not going to put more credit on as they have taken my money without providing the service and I'm not going to throw good money after bad.

NOT impressed!

hate to tell you this guys - i dont get what the problem is - orange DO have flat rate GPRS - ive had it on my contract for over 2 years! tho this is good news as i just terminated my contract and went pay as you go...

the flate rate gprs on contract was actually costing me £45 a month - so this is cheaper but i think 45 was still a good deal.

Guest nevawlkalone
Well, I registered my phone and sent the text at 9:10 this morning for the GPRS - as it came with £1 of credit this was used up. I still have not been able to use GPRS and when I try and send a photo message it comes back with a text saying I don't have enough credit - even though I received text confirmation that I have 30 photo messages free in the next 30 days.

I tried phoning Orange only top be told that I don't have enough credit to speak to them!

I am not going to put more credit on as they have taken my money without providing the service and I'm not going to throw good money after bad.

NOT impressed!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It works a hell of a lot quicker if you phone 450 and follow the annoying woman.

The options you want are something like 3413. I may be rong, not got my orange card with me.

Cheers

M

Guest dazultra2000
when I try and send a photo message it comes back with a text saying I don't have enough credit - even though I received text confirmation that I have 30 photo messages free in the next 30 days.

NOT impressed!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but you need to have at least 10p of credit to use the free messages - don't know why but that's how it's been since...well...forever really!

Guest Confucious
Yeah but you need to have at least 10p of credit to use the free messages - don't know why but that's how it's been since...well...forever really!

Great, I have no credit because O stole it without providing the service, they now won't provide the other "free" services without me paying! And they won't take my complaint without me paying either - It is, I believe, a con.

Guest dazultra2000
Great, I have no credit because O stole it without providing the service, they now won't provide the other "free" services without me paying! And they won't take my complaint without me paying either - It is, I believe, a con.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you haven't got your free GPRS then yes, you have an issue. The other things though, you don't really have a leg to stand on with complaints. It does say somewhere in the T&Cs that you need to have the credit, and the service is free, as it wont cost you any money.

And you can use a landline to complain if you like - would be cheaper than on your phone too!

The number is 07973 100450.

Good luck ;)

Guest Confucious
If you haven't got your free GPRS then yes, you have an issue. The other things though, you don't really have a leg to stand on with complaints. It does say somewhere in the T&Cs that you need to have the credit, and the service is free, as it wont cost you any money.

And you can use a land line to complain if you like - would be cheaper than on your phone too!

The number is 07973 100450.

Good luck ;)

I was told I had free MMS messages which I cannot use, I was not told of any restrictions, but my main complaint is the lack of GPRS.

I have just phoned from my land line and, after being put on hold by their automated system was cut off!

It will cost more to complain than it's worth. Orange's customer service is non existent. I am disgusted by their false advertising and downright theft!

Guest _Belial

It's probably jsut me being blind, but on the original link in the 1st post, i can actually see what i'm supposed to do to get the £1 a day thing, there's no mention of a number to text or message to include or anything?

I can call up the number and use the voice system fine to order them, just be nice to get it automated with a text message

thanks

Edited by _Belial

Guest magic_peanuts
I don't see how, 3G and 2.5G uses the same APN.  When i last upgraded and got my 3 months/1000mb of data for free i called the wirefree line (156) and got it confirmed that if i used my new USIM in my old C500 i would still use that 1000mb of free data, which i did...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone been able to confirm if this is true or not?

Guest nevawlkalone
Anyone been able to confirm if this is true or not?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you PHONE to order the free GPRS, it tells you that the offer is not open to 3G customers!!!

HTH

Guest _Belial
When you PHONE to order the free GPRS, it tells you that the offer is not open to 3G customers!!!

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can anyone please tell me how i can order the extra via SMS instead of having to call up the number please?

Thank you

Guest magic_peanuts

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't mean it won't work though - very tempted to buy that cheap 3G Sanyo on the Orange website and test it out. Unless anyone already has...

Guest nevawlkalone
Doesn't mean it won't work though - very tempted to buy that cheap 3G Sanyo on the Orange website and test it out. Unless anyone already has...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a bad idea. Can u let me know how it goes??? If it works it a good idea.

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest nevawlkalone
It'll come with a PAYG USIM (you need a USIM as opposed to a SIM for 3G to work!)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know i just checked out orange now. Thanks.

Guest nevawlkalone
See my earlier post in this thread... it's coming in about 9 days.

Once I get the details & price, I will post here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any news on this yet??????

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.