firstly you need some sort of database editor such as dbviewsp.zip 2.55KB 387 downloads
1) use the DBViewSP editor to go to IPSMcemail.vol
2) under that go to 'pmailNamedProps' and select it to edit the values
3) scroll down to the very last 2 values, which should be called 'UnreadCou...'
4) delete them
6) smile coz u just got rid of that damn annoying message thing!! :wink:
If the problem persists here is another varient with a cab file to help.
1. Does your homescreen counter display 4294967295 Emails or
2. Do you see a -1 in your Inbox folder ?.even if you had successfully followed EMGenius instructions on fixing phantom sms without loosing stuff? What to do?
Download fix here: PhantomEmail_Buster.CAB 4.38KB 122 downloads Copy installer to storage card and click on the cab file to install. Select destination directory.
3. Click on the “Phantom Fix” link on your Programs Folder to fix bug.
4. Restart phone.