Screen Protecting

Guest sgeary

Guest jonhitch
Hi

Was just after your expert opinion on what the best screen protector is for the qtek 9100??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd appreciate some expert opinion on this too. Looks like it's trying to get a good balance between clarity, strength and smearing!

I've heard very good things in the past about Javoedge screen protectors. I'm also on the look out for a quality holder / skin for mine ;)

I'd appreciate some expert opinion on this too. Looks like it's trying to get a good balance between clarity, strength and smearing!

I've heard very good things in the past about Javoedge screen protectors. I'm also on the look out for a quality holder / skin for mine  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

looking for a skin and screen protectors too.

heard good things about the crystal protectors on boxwave.com but they end up being really expensive by the time you get them shipped over.

looking for a skin and screen protectors too.

heard good things about the crystal protectors on boxwave.com but they end up being really expensive by the time you get them shipped over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find the boxwave ones to be excellent. I used one on my jam and it was great. I plan to use one on my qtek 9100 when it shows up.

And whats this about a skin? how would you use a skin with the sliding display?? :-k

Guest jonhitch

That's a very good point! I'd be interested to see whether anyone will produce a case that can cope with the sliding keyboard. likely we'll have to just cope with not being able to use that function. If a case would still allow you to use stylus and screen it would be an improvement though!

Hopefully receiving my 9100 today. However I'm at work so this will probably receive a card asking me to pick up the package - which I won't be able to do until the weekend :cry:

Guest kafmees

I use a screenprotector from the Jam voor my K-Jam from Brando. I bought it in a store in the Netherlands. Its a tight fit, but no bubbles. The surface is smoother now, it 'slides' more easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I also highly recommend the Boxwave anti-glare screen protectors - worth the extra money in my opinion!

I've so far used them on my Handspring Treo 600 & SE P910i and have also just received one for my Sony PSP (though for some ridiculous reason they've made the protector taller than the screen and it doesn't fit quite flush with the casing around the edges).

I've just ordered my fourth for the O2 XDA Exec I should be receiving Mon or Tues.. ;)

Before you ask why I'm browsing the Wizard section when I've ordered a Universal - I'm feeling a bit nervous about it's size and wondering whether I've made the correct decision! :?:

Guest MitchellO

I plan to get one, and I will go with the EXIM ones off eBay. I have had them on my XDA Mini and Casio Digicam, and they are awesome!! No bubbles, excellent "feel" and they apply easily.

Guest MitchellO

Its not a screen saver (as in moving picture on the screen), but a screen protector (thin plastic film that covers the screen to prevent scratches).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lovemoose

I just waited 15 quid on a pair of ppctech protectors from expansys. Both were ruined by the sticker used to lift the protector from its backing. One ripped straight away, the other left a residue so sticky and thick, the protector ripped while I was trying to remove it.

Not impressed at all - avoid if possible.

LM

Guest martynstar
I just waited 15 quid on a pair of ppctech protectors from expansys. Both were ruined by the sticker used to lift the protector from its backing. One ripped straight away, the other left a residue so sticky and thick, the protector ripped while I was trying to remove it.

Not impressed at all - avoid if possible.

LM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey

I too bought the PPC tech screen protectors and can say i have nothing but good reports to say about them!

Holding the yellow sticky and pulling the protector off the backing was somewhat simple, the yellow sticker was attached to a very thin film which actually protected the screen protector, not the actual protector its self, which is quite sturdy and i would say near impossible to "rip"

Once you pull the yellow sticker and the protective film off you are left with the actual screen protector on it actual backing, which can be seperated by bending the backing down. and the screen protector then kinda pops out of its backing.

Only bit i found difficult was getting it aligned correctly so that it fitted perfect at the top and didnt overlap the sides, as its see through this is harder than i first thought

Other than that, the protector is may i say SWEET! im loving it! its as if there wasnt one there!! everyone i have shown has been very impressed with it!

Guest bennish
i'd also like a decent cradle too - any ideas ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah - yeah I'd like a cradle too, but guess what - they don't exist. Nice one HTC! How long will we be waiting for one of the most common and simple pieces of PDA technology for basically any model out there?

• 1 month later...
Guest melvynadam

Anyone tried the Invisible Shield protector? The material looks superb and I've read load of good things about their performance on iPods.

I'm waiting for my Wizard to arrive and investigating the various screen protector options. My current PDA is a Tungsten T3 and I have a Martin Fields screen protector on it. (MF protector for Wizardhere).

I love the MF but am really interested in hearing experiences with the IS if anyone on these forums has tried it.

Guest TomaHawk

ive got an invsible shield for the ipod.

they are hard to apply and not ofr the feint harted ocnsidering water is required to apply them.

i owuldent et one again for an device.

they are good once there on though.

Guest NightFox

I'm using a Martin Fields protector from morpethmobiles. I've used loads of different protectors in the past on PDAs, iPods, phones etc, and after using my Martin Fields I can't see myself EVER changing to anything different. I'ts what a protector SHOULD be - can't fault it at all.

Guest MitchellO
I'm using a Martin Fields protector from morpethmobiles.  I've used loads of different protectors in the past on PDAs, iPods, phones etc, and after using my Martin Fields I can't see myself EVER changing to anything different.  I'ts what a protector SHOULD be - can't fault it at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its that same with me an Exim screen protectors. I know they are fantastic, and I won't change from them if I can help it.

I bought a Martin Fields one off ebay but you can get them cheaper direct

http://www.morpethmobiles.co.uk/proddetail...1mf%2Dc&cat=177

Same place as someone else mentioned, it is perfect and if I can't tell I've even got one on the screen.

You can also remove it and wash it if it get really gunky.

Make sure you clean the screen well first though !

Guest MitchellO
I bought a Martin Fields one off ebay but you can get them cheaper direct

http://www.morpethmobiles.co.uk/proddetail...1mf%2Dc&cat=177

Same place as someone else mentioned, it is perfect and if I can't tell I've even got one on the screen.

You can also remove it and wash it if it get really gunky.

Make sure you clean the screen well first though !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same thing with the Exim protectors. Perfectly clear, excellent feel (for touchscreen devices), easy to apply and can be taken off and reapplied.

You get them on eBay.

• 4 weeks later...