ActiveSync 4.0.0 issue

Guest JimDerDog

Guest JimDerDog

Hi all - just got my shiny new Qtek 9100 this morning. Ran activesync cd, crashed when first tried to set up, but after some tinkering and much disconnecting and reconnecting, it managed to sync with my outlook. Since then, when I plug it in it finds the phone, starts looking for changes then an error message flashes up and it loses the connection - "Not connected".

ANy thoughts?

JimDerDog

Guest spacemonkey

I get the same sort of issue. Activesync just won't sync with my outlook (works fine even with latest activesync and my c500) Hangs and gives me stupid error messages.

Probably just a case of doing more reboots and configuration tweaks... hopefully.

Hi all - just got my shiny new Qtek 9100 this morning.  Ran activesync cd, crashed when first tried to set up, but after some tinkering and much disconnecting and reconnecting, it managed to sync with my outlook.  Since then, when I plug it in it finds the phone, starts looking for changes then an error message flashes up and it loses the connection - "Not connected".

ANy thoughts?

JimDerDog

Might sound stupid but happened to me with my c500 (soon to be qtek 9100) ;)

It was my firewall stopping it from running!!

Prob wont help but you never know.

Guest ajfoggy
I get the same sort of issue.  Activesync just won't sync with my outlook (works fine even with latest activesync and my c500)  Hangs and gives me stupid error messages.

Probably just a case of doing more reboots and configuration tweaks... hopefully.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is may be a stupid question but do you both have SP2, I couldn't install activesync 4, without SP2. Don't know if this is related?

Guest spacemonkey

Not sure if this is a solution or not, I'm now on activesync 4.1 (which made no apparent difference) on windows 2000.

But:

It all started working when I told it NOT to sync outlook notes. everything else is syncing happily now for me this is contacts, calendar, tasks and favourites.

Guest spacemonkey

Ignore my previous post... the cause (and work around) is: Always make sure outlook is fully closed before attempting to sync.

I believe what is happening is that if outlook is open it is attempting to request extra security on the pc side, imagine a window saying "A third party piece of software is attempting to access your outlook data, do you want to allow this (YES/NO)" now imagine that this message box is not appearing so it just appears to be hanging.

If you make sure outlook is closed (ie nothing is accessing it and in task manager there is no outlook.exe in the processes list) then it "should" sync correctly.

If I get to the bottom of how to properly resolve this I'll post it back here.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JimDerDog
Ignore my previous post... the cause (and work around) is:  Always make sure outlook is fully closed before attempting to sync.

I believe what is happening is that if outlook is open it is attempting to request extra security on the pc side, imagine a window saying "A third party piece of software is attempting to access your outlook data, do you want to allow this (YES/NO)" now imagine that this message box is not appearing so it just appears to be hanging.

If you make sure outlook is closed (ie nothing is accessing it and in task manager there is no outlook.exe in the processes list) then it "should" sync correctly.

If I get to the bottom of how to properly resolve this I'll post it back here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried most variations on the above without much joy. Dont want to jinx it, but I seem to have found a way to get it to sync reliably (well for two days anyway): I plug the phone into the USB before firing up the pc in the morning - syncs fine when XP Pro finally fires up and log in screens passed etc. When I go out at lunch I lock the pc (ctrl alt del, lock pc option) and plug in when I get back before unlocking again - syncs ok again. Unpluggin and plugging back in without pc being locked goes back to same old problem. One other thing that knocks it out is switching the screen off by blipping power button - activesync loses it immediately, no problem locking screen though. we may be getting to the point where i can start doing stuff with it soon!! Just got to get Tomtom working now...