Qtek 9100 and O2

Guest Rob.P

Saw the thread for Orange settings but I'm on O2 now and recieved my loverly new Qtek 9100 yesterday. After having a considerable play with all the bits, I still haven't been able to get onto O2 for settings and such like (yesterday evening their computers systems were down, sods law) and I'm teaching all day today.

I did go on the O2 website and try and get the settings to enter manually but the website was basing the settings on an O2 X1 (thought it might be the closet to get fairly accurate settings).

If anyone else has any success with O2 settings or knows where we could download an O2 specific file that will do it all, it would be much appreciated.

On a side note, the device is excellent, was playing with my Nero Media Home setup yesterday and got the Nero Showtime Mobile to work a couple of times on my wireless network playing Uylesses episodes from server upstairs down to the device.

Edited by Rob.P

I got the GPRS settings from the smartphone repository to work fine for O2, but as yet I still can't get the MMS settings too work, closet I got was an error message saying "user barred" so I either had the wrong server/network logon details or the wrong server/network. Anyone else got O2 MMS working on thier Qtek?

I was given a techsupport number for the O2 XDA dept but as yet I haven't been able to get through, I'm hoping they can send me all the correct details once we figure out a phone that will be closet match, that or I might be lucky and they may have the XDA Mini Pro settings ready for sending.

I got the GPRS settings from the smartphone repository to work fine for O2, but as yet I still can't get the MMS settings too work, closet I got was an error message saying "user barred" so I either had the wrong server/network logon details or the wrong server/network.  Anyone else got O2 MMS working on thier Qtek?

I was given a techsupport number for the O2 XDA dept but as yet I haven't been able to get through, I'm hoping they can send me all the correct details once we figure out a phone that will be closet match, that or I might be lucky and they may have the XDA Mini Pro settings ready for sending.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you post your settings when you get them to work ?

having the same issues and was told in an e-mail that because i'm not an "online" customer, they weren't going to help.

i knew there was a reason that i was a happy orange customer until the 9100 came out !

I've had some success over the past few days, I have found that the extended_ROM (hidden portion of memory) that exists on most if not all wizards has some files in, the Qtek has jack in it, the i-mate on the other hand has a .cab file called O2_contract which sorts it all out, check out the site below. In one of the blogs he has posted a zip file with all the operator .cab files in from the i-mate.

Some useful tips on this site, he's condensed a thread from Howard Forums into 50 tips n tricks for your wizard.

I'm now stuck on getting my 9100 to see the internet when connected to WiFi router at home or using pass through on Activesync, othger than that loving it to pieces.

[update] Yay, the WiFi has finally kicked in, dunno why either, it just started surfing the web one time when I was about to fiddle with the settings again. Can now use Nero's Showtime Mobile with Nero MediaHome on WiFi, it's the dog's knackers ;) [/update]

Edited by Rob.P

Guest jonhitch

All those trying to get O2 settings onto your 9100 - did you buy it sim free? I'm concerned that I'm going to have to sort this out when mine arrives (hopefully tomorrow). I've bought it on an O2 contract and so assumed it would be all set up? Is this wishful thinking?!

i bought mine from buymobilephones.net on an o2 contract.

the only settings not set up are gprs and mms.

i've only been connecting to the net via wifi so far so it hasn't bothered me.

Guest Pondrew
I've had some success over the past few days, I have found that the extended_ROM (hidden portion of memory) that exists on most if not all wizards has some files in, the Qtek has jack in it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously? The Qtek 9100s extended rom is empty?! That's REALLY REALLY strange if so. As far as I know every modern Pocket PC Phone rom has included an Extended Rom. In it which they include not just operator customisation but also a few essential bug fixes and patches already identified as needed in that Windows Mobile build!

Well it wasn't completely empty but it has no where near as many useful (or not depending on your POV) as the i-mate.

Below is what was in MY extended_ROM, I'm sure it's the same for most 9100 owners:

Autorun.exe

CAB-shortcut-Qtek-14sep05.CAB (not sure what this one is, think it's clearvue)

Config.txt

EnableDRM_Only.CAB

Signed_Version.sa.CAB

SmartDialing_enable_0915_signed.CAB

A fare amount shorter than the list that comes out of an i-mate. So you could consider this a shortfall over the i-mate to add to the thread about warrenty and update frequency (imate vs 9100).

(If anyone could explain the "EnableDRM..." & "Signed..." files in laymans terms that would be much appreciated ;) )

Guest jonhitch

I now have my Qtek 9100 (at last!) and also would like to get hold of settings for O2. I can send text messages fine - however can not access GPRS yet. If anyone has these could they post?

Many thanks!

jon, about 5 posts above yours is a post of mine that has a link to beyondthetech blog, the chap there has packaged all of the wireless operator setting cab files from the imate into one convenient zip file.

I downloaded the zip, extracted them all and dumped the O2_contract cab file onto my 9100 and ran the cab file from there. I also did a reboot just to be on the safe side, all the settings including MMS are put in, although I'm still having trouble getting the MMS to work, think I might have to email the O2 XDA tech support about that one (no way I want to pay 60p/min)

^ no settings appeared in either "My ISP" or "My Work Network"?

When I installed the cab it didn't actually have an install screen or anything it just installed the settings, it wasn't until I actually went into Start > Settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced then hit edit to see if the settings were there.

Guest jonhitch
jon, about 5 posts above yours is a post of mine that has a link to beyondthetech blog, the chap there has packaged all of the wireless operator setting cab files from the imate into one convenient zip file.

I downloaded the zip, extracted them all and dumped the O2_contract cab file onto my 9100 and ran the cab file from there.  I also did a reboot just to be on the safe side, all the settings including MMS are put in, although I'm still having trouble getting the MMS to work, think I might have to email the O2 XDA tech support about that one (no way I want to pay 60p/min)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Rob P - have downloaded and will try out tonight. Have you had any recent joy with the MMS settings?

Had a chat with XDA Support and they have confirmed that I have the right settings, just have to phone CS again to force them to put the provisioning on my account (they said it already was, but XDA Tech support confirmed it wasn't). Gonna phone them at lunch and get it sorted.

now have gprs working but still no mms.

used the cab file to no avail.

also used the manual settings that 02 e-mailed me without success.

anyone else managed to get mms working on 02 ?

Guest AlexMaher

I've had the same problem with my old Orange connection (number now ported to O2) and the new O2 connection. I've had to set up two GPRS connections one for standard data and one for MMS. The settings differ slightly for the MMS settings and you have to manually select the preferred MMS GPRS setting before sending / receiving a picture message. I've not had much time to investigate this properly I'm sure there will be a way of having both working through the same connection but this works for me for now. I tend to use the data connection over WiFi when I want to connect to the internet since its free and faster than GPRS so I've left my MMS GPRS connection as the default one.

If I get time over the next few days I'll see if I can find a better solution.

Guest jonhitch

I've downloaded the zip, extracted on my home PC and transferred to my 9100. Then when I run the file on my phone it says installation complete however nothing has changed. My connection settings appear identical and I still can't get on the web using GPRS. Am I doing something wrong - is there a certain place I should store or run the CAB file from?

Very frustrating - that coupled with activesync issues! Look forward to your response.

Hi - Cannot seem to access the beyondthetech site with the o2 GPRS cab files. could anyone email to me please? or let me know where else to get them. - Many Thanks

Guest AlexMaher

Mrdo, settings are as follows:

GPRS Connection:

Name: O2 MMS

Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)

Access point name: wap.02.co.uk

username:mobilewap

password:password

leave the domain & advanced settings alone and make sure this is the default gprs setting.

Then under mms config in pocket outlook under the servers tab create a new server with the following settings and set it to be the default server

Server Name: O2 MMS

Gateway:193.113.200.195

Port Number:9201

Server Address:http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

All the other settings are default.

I basically used a couple of different sources off the web to find out the information and then just tried a few variations until it worked. Its obviously not perfect otherwise there wouldnt be two sets of port numbers, I'm pretty sure there is a better way of doing this but it will do for now until I've got some spare time to look in to the setup properly.

Let me know if it works!

Note: Internet access over GPRS doesnt work with this GPRS connection.

thanks Alex - do you have the settings for MMS ?

:-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by AlexMaher