TTqvga -> TomTom Mobile 5 on a SP5, C550

Guest mooman

Link is working but program does nothing. Installed on Storage Card where TT is also.

[edit]

It does something more but it doesn't reboot, it starts TT directly, and after that keeps hanging on the green f*cked up TT screen.

Pressing the red phone button gives an error message:

Failed to set LogicalPixelsX value, ret 5, last 120

pressing ok gives

Failed to set LogicalPixelsY value, ret 5, last 120

pressing ok exits program / error messages.

any ideas?

[edit 2]

It works! Great!

Basicly had the same problem as sharkfinger and followed the same route to my solution ;)

Edited by defect

Guest sharkfinger

I had the same problem but.... if you look on the TTqvga page it says..

1. Ensure your phone is software unlocked. See the following article on the spv-developer forum for instructions

i thought mine was unlocked as i did all the stuff. change the reg etc... but i followed the link and download the SDA Security Unlocker program ran it and TTqvga works fine...

here is the link to the SDA Security Unlocker...

http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showth...hp?threadid=620

it now reboots my phone, the display changes ie large menus but tomtom does not auto start, you can start it manually ..BUT if you re-run TTqvga wait a few seconds, and TOMTOM starts this is a better way of starting TOMTOM because when you exit after starting this way it asks you if you would like to reset the display values back to normal...

If you start TOMTOM manually you dont get the reset display option so you have to run TTqvga again and say yes to change display reboot run TTqvga then exit TOMTOM to get the option back to reset the display...

But other thank that it works !!!

Cheers

Sharkfinger

I had the same problem but.... if you look on the TTqvga page it says..

1. Ensure your phone is software unlocked. See the following article on the spv-developer forum for instructions

http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showth...hp?threadid=620

Er, what am I doing wrong? When I try to run this app I get the following error message:

"SDA_ApplicationUnlock" is not a valid Windows CE Application

Er, what am I doing wrong? When I try to run this app I get the following error message:

"SDA_ApplicationUnlock" is not a valid Windows CE Application

You must run the app from Windows (when the device is connected) and not from the smartphone

Managed to unlock my phone as above. Tom tom now starts full screen as it should but locks up on the "Legal Page"

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Jon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you need to create a folder named "TomTom" in the "Storage\My Documents\" folder.

Then create a file named "CurrentMap.dat" containing the following line:

\Storage Card\Benelux-F-Map\

Replace the tekst above with the name and location of the map you have installed on your memory card

Also see the attached file.

TomTom.zip

Edited by mooman

You must run the app from Windows (when the device is connected) and not from the smartphone

Thanks for that - it works a treat.

Next question: Does anyone else using an SPV550 find that their bluetooth won't switch off after closing TomTom? A reboot cures it but I don't like leaving it on when it's not doing anything. Any ideas?

I have no problems with the bluetoothswitching off.

The application works well as well , but if you are using the gstart freeware application then its better to use the permanant method as you cannot see the change when gstart is used ;)

By using the 'sda application unlock ' you will loose the codes for the momemtum games eg pocket mini golf 2 :|

Guest Thurstan

Superb! Really pleased with this as I didn't understand a word of the thread containing the original Registry fix. I actually came on Modaco to have a last check to see if TomTom had released a patch before I switched back to my C500. Glad I did!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest patapom

I managed to make work TTQVGA on my C550. However, when I leave TT2005, my telephone do not recover the original font size. They're still bigger & ugly :)

could you please help me ! :cry:

thanks by advance!

Guest patapom
TomTom have now released ver 5.2 which includes support for the QVGA screen, it can be downloaded from the TomTOm web site

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks... as I sayed, I installed TTQVGA and I'm unable to come back to a normal screen, so I've to make it work first :)

My problem is currently that TTQVGA reset the phone but dont start tomtom.

As I copied TomTom from my E200, I perhaps made a mistake in the directory?

Now my tomtom is located in \Storage card\Tomtom\

Is it ok ?

Thanks for your help by advance !

Guest patapom
Thanks... as I sayed, I installed TTQVGA and I'm unable to come back to a normal screen, so I've to make it work first :)

My problem is currently that TTQVGA reset the phone but dont start tomtom.

As I copied TomTom from my E200, I perhaps made a mistake in the directory?

Now my tomtom is located in \Storage card\Tomtom\

Is it ok ?

Thanks for your help by advance !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

any idea to help me ?

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Being very new to this Windows Smartphone malarkey, i'm about to ask a probably very stupid question, so please be gentle with me!

This TomTom stuff looks great, and on the off chance I can get it installed and working, what else would I need? Is there another device needed? Does it need a connection to the internet or something when you use it?

I'm asking as I have a PAYG SPV C550, and I don't want to end up paying a fortune in connection charges or other gadgets just to save using a map...

cheers,

Mitres

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site ;)

When you buy TomTom you get the their own excellent GPS unit and that's all you need to get started.

The only optional extra charge would be if you decided to join TomTom Plus and their Traffic reporting subscription.

• 2 months later...
Guest ingha_j

just a warning for anyone thinking of using this on their C550... I dont know hwy, but for me running this app makes using bluetooth completely unusable...ie i cant bond with my GPS.. even cycling the power on the phone does not cure it & I had to completely reset the C550 to be able to pair with my GPS again...