Photo

Removing C550 cover without voiding warranty.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

jamesgreene

jamesgreene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes mate i think i will write some new instrutions and explain my pictures,, and then people may be able to follow MINE alot easier than yours,,, peace out bro, good look with your instructions, dont damage to many phones will you... :D james,,,,

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

yes mate i think i will write some new instrutions and explain my pictures,, and then people may be able to follow MINE alot easier than yours,,, peace out bro, good look with your instructions, dont damage to many phones will you... :D james,,,,

Great! Then I'll sell more cases on ebay! Cheers! :D

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

jamesgreene

jamesgreene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
cool u do that,,,,

Edited by jamesgreene, 07 September 2006 - 12:43 AM.

adamlayzell

adamlayzell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:c500
Rchard Richard Richard. First of all you need to understand a few things.

You obviously dont know anything about warranty's or phone manufacturers in general. You have headed this forum as 'how to remove a c550 cover without voiding warranty'. If you tamper with any electrical item in any way, you void the warranty! Just because you didnt remove the little white sticker saying void dosent mean you still have warranty. Dont you think that manufacturers are a little smarter than that.

For example:

1. When you take the screws out the back of a phone, didnt you notice the blue paint all over the thread. It serves 2 purposes:
First, its a threadlock type of glue, which helps keep the screws in place and stop them unscrewing themselves like they used to do on the old nokia 8310, if you rode a motorbike often. Second of all they tell manufacturers if you have been playing about with the screws. Thats because the paint gradually wears off, the more you play with them

2. All phone manufacturers set their screws to a certain torque. When you take you phone to a repair centre they can tell if the phone has been tampered with, just by the torque reading the screwdriver gives.

3. Any new mobile around today has screws that have been made to de-thread themselves the more they are used. Nokia invented them, (if you like) to stop any other corner shop tampering with phones , in the 8850 era. Any decent engineer taking a phone apart can tell straight away if a phone has been tampered with just by looking at them.

you cannot tell people that they are not going to lose warranty if they have a good dig around it with a hunting knife. That is just dumb. Think a little deeper before you start posting false information on decent web sites like this, and stop giving other people false information. Dont worry, i wont be posting or coming on this site again. I dont really want to waste my time talking to a jobsworth like you fluffy. I suggest you go back to work at McDonalds tomorrow and serve me a Sausage McMufin meal and a coffee when i come in to before i go to work.

see you!

Adam

EDIT by Pondrew: Bad language removed (this is a family friendly forum besides which flaming is against the rules...)

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

Rchard Richard Richard. First of all you need to understand a few things.

You obviously dont know anything about warranty's or phone manufacturers in general. You have headed this forum as 'how to remove a c550 cover without voiding warranty'. If you tamper with any electrical item in any way, you void the warranty! Just because you didnt remove the little white sticker saying void dosent mean you still have warranty. Dont you think that manufacturers are a little smarter than that.

For example:

1. When you take the screws out the back of a phone, didnt you notice the blue paint all over the thread. It serves 2 purposes:
First, its a threadlock type of glue, which helps keep the screws in place and stop them unscrewing themselves like they used to do on the old nokia 8310, if you rode a motorbike often. Second of all they tell manufacturers if you have been playing about with the screws. Thats because the paint gradually wears off, the more you play with them

2. All phone manufacturers set their screws to a certain torque. When you take you phone to a repair centre they can tell if the phone has been tampered with, just by the torque reading the screwdriver gives.

3. Any new mobile around today has screws that have been made to de-thread themselves the more they are used. Nokia invented them, (if you like) to stop any other corner shop tampering with phones , in the 8850 era. Any decent engineer taking a phone apart can tell straight away if a phone has been tampered with just by looking at them.

you cannot tell people that they are not going to lose warranty if they have a good dig around it with a hunting knife. That is just dumb. Think a little deeper before you start posting false information on decent web sites like this, and stop giving other people false information. Dont worry, i wont be posting or coming on this site again. I dont really want to waste my time talking to a jobsworth like you fluffy. I suggest you go back to work at McDonalds tomorrow and serve me a Sausage McMufin meal and a coffee when i come in to before i go to work bitch.

see you!

Adam

Wow! Next you'll be saying they'll dust inside the phone for prints eh? Somehow I doubt it...

Using the right screwdriver and not inserting / removing the screws repeatedly will prevent wear to the heads. The torx screws HTC use are not anti-tamper and are not listed in the official service manual as such. The threadlock is not consistantly applied to all screws either and the service manual tells you to put the screws safely aside for re-use.

Besides all the points you mention, from experience with warranty returns ( and fascias are not covered under warranty anyway so swopping it then returning the phone later for a subsequent fault is OK IMO) HTCEurope do not check closely the points you mention and HTC's service agent SBE make a phone look worse anyway as they need a guide like this!

Where do I say use a hunting knife BTW? I used a leatherman to remove the foam seal from the old fascia but as you'd be a fool to send your old fascia back with the phone for a warranty repair any marks you make on the old screen with the 'hunting knife' don't really matter do they?

All I said was 'be careful with a bare knife blade opening the phone' and I get all this venom. You must have had a really bad day this time eh? Everyone else seems happy with my 'false information'...

What a lovely post, thankyou.....I had to get all 5 stars on my badge to get the car in my sig free with a value meal.

See ya! What a loss(er)....

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1, 07 September 2006 - 10:42 PM.

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

Thumper Net

Thumper Net

The artist formerly known as Peekie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
TOPIC CLOSED
:D Before this gets too nasty :D

gadget freek , rabbit mad english guy trapped in Holland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users