Are you having problems getting an SP5/QTEK 8310 ?

Guest Kinch

yes, phones2udirect is the cheapest I seen.

Expansys (uk at least) do a pricematch if u find it cheaper anywhere.. i aint gonna atempt to use it till i get my dispatch email.. they might try to piss me off by putting me back of the list :shock:

I still see that everywhere is out of stock. Should make selling mine a bit easier. I feel as though i dont use it as much as i should.

Its going on Ebay tomorrow night.

Guest Cybertronic

Is it just me that it's harder to text on the i-mate SP5 than my SPV E200? :?:

It seems to be a bit slower in texting even when I have the multipress time out setting at 1/2 second :?:

Guest gilesjuk
Is it just me that it's harder to text on the i-mate SP5 than my SPV E200? :?:

It seems to be a bit slower in texting even when I have the multipress time out setting at 1/2 second :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have the anti-virus then maybe remove it? I found the SP5 to be really slow and unresponsive with the antivirus software running.

Guest Cybertronic

I don't have any AV software installed as I updated it to the UK Version and also when I received the phone it didn't contain any AV software :?:

Also another annoying thing is that it takes a while to open the Messenging icon ;)

Ordered from expansys 7th (est 3 days)

Est date changed to 30th (20 days) on the 10th... called and and emailed, was told on the phone it would be sent to me 15th definately.

Got a reply from the email - stock expected this week.

Called today to find out:

1) No stock was ever expected today or this week

2) It's now expected first week of december (thats even past the est 20 days)

3) There's too many other orders in front of me, so i won't even get it then.

I cancelled.. complained.. and had them removed from our company suplier list.

Got 1 order open with mobilfun (expected monday)

Got 1 order open with phones2udirect (expected tommorow or thursday)

Honestly don't bother with expansys unless they have what you want in stock right then. Even then whats the point, there's so many other places on the net that will actually bother to email you about stock problems.

Edited by kam_

• 4 months later...
Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Sorry to drag this old post out, I've just taken the plunge on the SP5 with Phones2udirect as they were the cheapest. Didn't realise Expansys and other places price matched. Doh!! ;)

Anyway, I ordered yesterday evening and during the checkout process, it said that if the phone wasn't in stock they'd email me. Also, they'd email me as soon as the phone is shipped out. I got nowt. So does that mean that there is a chance I would get it tommorow since they promise next day delivery?

I sent them an email to ask before lunch time, but no reply. :P Really need the phone before I leave on holiday next week...........

What are my chances of getting it before then?

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Looks as though Phones2UDirrect don't actually have the phone in stock. Doh!!!

How do I get Expansys to price match? Is there a link on their website or do you need to call them up?

Call them up, its the fastest way if you need it quick. You can get them to confirm they have it in stock too.

If it isn't in stock make sure to ask how many people on the waiting list and when stock next comes in. Their stock system is a joke on estimates. They'll give u the ETA of your delivery as the ETA to when they are next due stock. Even if they are getting 1 phone in, and your number 1000 on the waiting list.

I complained like anything to expansys because of that - even when i called them 3 people lied through their teeth about when i would get it. In the end i cancelled the order, and got my company to blacklist them from our suplier list. A big F**k you to expansys!

In the end i went with http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/ but some people have complained about them too. Although their website says in stock, they may not have it in stock. But if you call them they'll tell you exactly when its due - they were truthfull and i got it when they said.

There's another thread on here somewhere similar to this one where everyone complains about all the companies.. you might want to read that.

Guest ljames28

JOEJOETHEJOEY, did you find out how many are ont he waiting list/how many they expect to have in stock as i just ordered one like 10 minutes ago.

Thanks, Law

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Phones2uDirect didn't have any stock. THey said sometime this week, whichI thought was very vague and so cancelled.

Re-ordered with Expansys since they offer the same tariff now. A nice lady called me up to verify details and said that the phone will be shipped out today if the O2 credit check is approved before 4pm. Otherwise, it'd be shipped out tommorow for Wednesday.

Anyone know whether these will be locked to O2 in anyway?

Guest ljames28

I just called up Phones2uDirect, i ordered on saturday and they hadn't emailed to say if it was in stock or not (not impressed) they said they're awaiting stock and they have 'ordered one in specially for me'. I actually rung up half an hour ago and their systems were down ;) I dont really have a great impression of this company...

Guest MikeBee
I just called up Phones2uDirect, i ordered on saturday and they hadn't emailed to say if it was in stock or not (not impressed) they said they're awaiting stock and they have 'ordered one in specially for me'. I actually rung up half an hour ago and their systems were down ;) I dont really have a great impression of this company...

unlucky. i ordered an 8310 from phones2udirect one last tuesday and it was in my hand on the friday. they didn't seem too bad to me, but there was no case in the box even though in the (french) manual it said it should be there!

Guest ljames28

Oh that sucks it is meant to have a case! I just called up they had one in stock, i doubt ill get that one. They are ok they just have stock issues.

A year ago i ordered an MPX220 and that took about a week and a half to come because of stock.

I don't really mind if they're straight up about it, but they're not. They've straight out lied to me on several ocasions when i was waiting - it felt like some kind of policy to stop u from cancelling your order.

The one you got with french manual and no case sounds like it was a return, and probably sourced originally from europe.

Guest MikeBee
I don't really mind if they're straight up about it, but they're not. They've straight out lied to me on several ocasions when i was waiting - it felt like some kind of policy to stop u from cancelling your order.

The one you got with french manual and no case sounds like it was a return, and probably sourced originally from europe.

well it seems to work okay. going to try and flash it with the latest i-mate aku2 rom. they've said they'll send a case through when they get one in.

Guest Nubbing

Phones2udirect are crap. But I got my Qtek8300 off them. The amatuers couldn't carry my old number onto my new contract, even though it was the same operator. Also they where suppose to tell O2 that I had used the pack code I requested off them and they didn't, meaning my old contract didn't get cancelled. Fcuking noobs. :P

But I've got it now. There phone service is crap...but I ordered and it got delivered at a record price, in record time. TBH this phone has been out so long now it should be going cheaper and be more available. Instead its becoming more rarer and more expensive. ;)

I went for phones2udirect because I wanted it on contract and out of all the websites I looked at they where a lot cheaper and they had it in stock. Other websites that offered contracts where at stupidly high prices, and I didn't have

You can't use a PAC code to port to the same network! They efectivly scamed you!!!

I've seen alot of companies do this. They bullsh*t you anything is possible, then later convince you its just easier to do it their way than to correct the mistake.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to sign up for a new contract on the same network and keep the number. The only thing you can do is 'upgrade'. However the comission isn't anywhere as high on an upgrade as it is with a new connection. They use part of their commision to subsidise the phone, and with an upgrade there wouldn't have been enough comission to make it worth your while or theirs! They ain't noobs, they appear to be seasoned scammers!

They actually didn't do anything special for you. Had you taken up a new contract with the cheapest store online, got the most expensive phone at the best deal with it, and sold it you would have probably been better off. In fact some non franchised one off stores will just give you the money!

Its just another clear sign these guys are a one dodgy bunch

Edited by kam_

Guest ljames28

Got the phone today (a saturday) so happy about that, their stock system is a joke, they always tells you they'll be getting stock tomorrow and they're website always says in stock..when its not. Got an english manual but no case and no UK charger so i'll be moaning about that later on ;)