100 replies to this topic

coleburg

coleburg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:i-mate sp5m
can you tell us if this actually works on wm2005 as several people are having problems with this file and im sure that they all have wm2005, me included.

if not, will you be working on this for wm2005 as it looks fantastic.

thanks

the jigga man

the jigga man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:SMT5600

can you tell us if this actually works on wm2005 as several people are having problems with this file and im sure that they all have wm2005, me included.

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think the people that are having problems do not have wm2005 but wm2003se with wmp10 which is a problem for the wmp plug in

FrankyKnife

FrankyKnife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WM2005??? or do you mean WM5.0?

unfortunately i have no phone with these specs, so i am not able to do it. but if you want it, just send me a phone and i will do it! ;)

SPV C500 (Orange/CH) :: WM2003(SE) v4.21 b14217 :: ROM v4.1.5.5 :: miniSD 512MB :: WindowsXP SP2k3 Homescreen :: decertified
SPV Classic (Orange/CH) :: WM2002 v3.0 b13258 :: ROM v1.6.5.10 :: SD Kingston 256MB :: SP2k3 Homescreen :: decertified

PC Silentmaxx ST-12 :: AMD AthlonXP2500+ :: WinXP Pro SP2 :: 1.5GB RAM :: 240GB HDs :: MSI NX6600-VTD

Jamma14

Jamma14

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Devices:T-Mo Dash

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coleburg, it won't work on your phone because of the screen resolution. All WM5 phones are QVGA resolution. This is made for 176x220 pixels, yours is 240x320. Have a look in the c550 screen section for ones suited to your phone.

James

www.JammaSoft.tk

SPV e100 ----> i-mate sp3i ----> SPV c550 ----> T-Mobile Dash

ImoTheP

ImoTheP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for quoting the original author of the SP2K3 Homescreen...
Ben

Edited by ImoTheP, 17 November 2005 - 02:31 PM.

PPCPassion

PPCPassion

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Devices:HTC M8, Nexus 5

i did that....and i used notepad...but then im not sure how to put it back on the phone to make the changes..i dont know where it would go..im a total noob at this stuff...thank you for being patient

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to copy the modified file in storage>applications>Home by using file explorer. Hope this helps.

Just FYI, for future ref, try using the date format in XML file as: hh:mm tt

For example if used above format, it will show something like 12:10 PM, if just want one letter P (for PM), just use one t in the above example. Most of xml files don't support the time format by just typing 12 or 24 in the file.
Good Luck.

L3thal

L3thal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Treo 700wx
Is there a reason why temperature shows up as 0?

Edited by L3thal, 27 November 2005 - 06:49 AM.

L3thal

L3thal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Treo 700wx
For the people who want to get rid of the military time on their home screen, replace their XML file with the following. The time will now show as AM/PM.

Attached Files

Edited by L3thal, 27 November 2005 - 11:26 PM.

voltage

voltage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:i930

i keep getting this error message
Error:
Can't find '.MSWMPLAYER' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are aviable.

I also get this. And I have done the fix via xml.

but it doesnt seem to change.

Also when selecting file explorer, it goes into settings.

I have messed around with the xml and it has yet to change anything.

let me know.

min_devil

min_devil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem with installing files on my i930:

Question: Would I need to Decert my phone to get a .cab file to install?

I am attempting to install WinXP-SP2k3-v200- Theme and a battery plugin but, when I transfer the files onto my phone after it is synced I recieve this error and the files automatically get deleted.

I have tried to put the files in 3 different directories:

\Storage Card\Themes\
\Storage\windows\Start Menu\Accessories

Info: Installation Failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

Please let me know what I would be doing wrong, Do I have a wrong phone setting or would I just have to decert the phone.

voltage

voltage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yes you do. unless its a signed certified cab.

I have a problem with installing files on my i930:

Question: Would I need to Decert my phone to get  a .cab file to install?

I am attempting to install WinXP-SP2k3-v200- Theme and a battery plugin but, when I transfer the files onto my phone after it is synced I recieve this error and the files automatically get deleted.   

I have tried to put the files in 3 different directories:

\Storage Card\Themes\
\Storage\windows\Start Menu\Accessories

Please let me know what I would be doing wrong, Do I have a wrong phone setting or would I just have to decert the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FrankyKnife

FrankyKnife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I also get this.  And I have done the fix via xml.
but it doesnt seem to change.
Also when selecting file explorer, it goes into settings.
I have messed around with the xml  and it has yet to change anything.
let me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

possibly several reasons:
- wrong editing of the .xml file
- removing of code which is needed
- wrong path of the wmplayer

solution:
please check all things, be sure what you are doing, compare the original xml file with your modified one, try again!

SPV C500 (Orange/CH) :: WM2003(SE) v4.21 b14217 :: ROM v4.1.5.5 :: miniSD 512MB :: WindowsXP SP2k3 Homescreen :: decertified
SPV Classic (Orange/CH) :: WM2002 v3.0 b13258 :: ROM v1.6.5.10 :: SD Kingston 256MB :: SP2k3 Homescreen :: decertified

PC Silentmaxx ST-12 :: AMD AthlonXP2500+ :: WinXP Pro SP2 :: 1.5GB RAM :: 240GB HDs :: MSI NX6600-VTD

voltage

voltage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Well what I am editing is the file located in Application Data / Home

Hell I even deleted it off the phone and restarted my phone... still didnt change anything.

talking about the .xml file

possibly several reasons:
- wrong editing of the .xml file
- removing of code which is needed
- wrong path of the wmplayer

solution:
please check all things, be sure what you are doing, compare the original xml file with your modified one, try again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

voltage

voltage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
any ideas?

FrankyKnife

FrankyKnife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
...the 'ideas' stand above.
if you are not willing to understand and to do that - nobody can help you!

as you wrote you have edited the .xml file (and it is also clear which .xml file is mentioned cause there is only one - so dont blame us!), but you have done something wrong - that's obviously!!!

if you do the editing right, it will work 100% !

nether_bud

nether_bud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q9h
I'm trying to have the drop down menu go to a different location for the Tasks. I am using Tasks+ and wanted to go to that program when I click on tasks. The checklist that pops up is OK, since Tasks+ syncs with the Outlook Tasks, but I'd like to open Tasks+. Any ideas? I'm a noob with XML, and tried to copy some code from a different loc that I thought would do the trick:

leoiden

leoiden

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:HTC TOuch or P3450
hey franky i tried it on my smt 5600 with wm5 and it did not work it was worth a try since its an awsome theme hope you consider making it workable with smt 5600 with wm5 thanks again!!!

voltage

voltage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

...the 'ideas' stand above.
if you are not willing to understand and to do that - nobody can help you!

as you wrote you have edited the .xml file (and it is also clear which .xml file is mentioned cause there is only one - so dont blame us!), but you have done something wrong - that's obviously!!!

if you do the editing right, it will work 100% !

damn what an asshole.

Ok maybe im not making this clear to you. so i will type slow.

I have an i930. I have edited the .xml file. it changed nothing.

I removed the .xml file it changed nothing.

So i came here and asked for help. Not to get flamed by some asshole.

I typed real slow so you can understand.

Oh PS, I also searched the entire phone for the .xml and guess what you are correct it is the only one. so you explain it to me.

wait nevermind. you obviously cant seem to help people when you obviously are to ignorant.

Jamma14

Jamma14

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Devices:T-Mo Dash
Voltage, you are getting this error because the windows media player plugin used within the homescreen doesn't support your version of media player, and I'm afraid the plugin won't get updated, so there's nothing you can do! :)

www.JammaSoft.tk

SPV e100 ----> i-mate sp3i ----> SPV c550 ----> T-Mobile Dash

voltage

voltage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Jamma thank youfor your post.

The problem I am having is that the XP_SP2k3.home.xml is not even on my phone yet the program still works.

so i am concerned on how to edit something that is not even in use.

Voltage, you are getting this error because the windows media player plugin used within the homescreen doesn't support your version of media player, and I'm afraid the plugin won't get updated, so there's nothing you can do! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users