Orange UK

Guest monkeygadge

Guest monkeygadge

I have been a loyal customer of Orange UK for the past 8 years. Yesterday I bought a new phone for my girlfriend on the O2 website as she is already an O2 customer. By chance, I noticed the O2 SIM tariffs. What's this I think? I'll have a look. My God! That monthly tariff is WAY better than my existing tariff (by about 900txts a month!!!, AND it's £15 cheaper a month.

I'm 18 months into a 12 month contract, and I've bought my own Mpx220.

Today, phone call to Orange:

Me: "Hi, I really don't want to leave Orange, but I've noticed this will save me lots of money, and I won't get charged for MMS?? (inc in free txt per month) Also I can keep my number. Anything you guys can do for me as I don't want to leave, I've been with you almost 8 years now.... "

Orange: "I'm afraid the best tariff we can offer you is this one (offers me a tariff with 100 more minutes and 100 more txts a month for same as I pay at the moment). We don't do free MMS, Orange always charge for this."

Me: "OK that's a shame, in that case I would like to leave Orange and get a PAC code"

Orange: "Certainly Sir, it's on it's way"

Phone beeps in my ear. It's the PAC code. That was fast! :shock:

Me: "Will there be any extra charges?"

Orange: "No you will only pay the relative monthly subscription up until the DAY you transfer your number with the PAC code"

Me: "Really?" :shock:

Orange: "Yes, thank you Sir, anything else I can help you with?"

Me: "Erm no, thank you very much, bye."

Jumped online, ordered SIM on better tariff, will be with me in 3 working days, transfer can be done ONLINE.

WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS DO ORANGE RUN!?!?!?!?!

Unbelievable.

Looking forward to becoming an O2 customer. ;)

I too 'jumped ship' recently, after being with orange since the original spv was launched, I upgraded twice,(e200 then c500), but my tarrif always stayed the same... When looking at upgrading to an m5000 and being totally disillusioned by the 'annouce it as launched then wait; tactics of orange, I noticed t-mobiles web n walk offer, I'm now the proud owner of an Mda Pro on a far better deal than Orange could ever offer me...

I feel sorry for those folks on t'other threads hanging on for an upgrade when such good offers are available from other providers.

Loyalty means very little to Orange...

I have so far given ORANGE the benifit of allowing them to come up with a price/deal to keep my custom (3phones on contract, thankfully i can move them all from next week) and to be honest the lack of comunication and customer care stinks. they have had 10 yrs of my custom and although saying they will allow me discount of £145 against a new phone, they will have to do a lot better.

Only ORANGE could announce a launch for Septmber and it seems as if at this rate of going i'll be lucky to have one by Christmas

Maybe thime to move to O2

Mark

Guest dasingh

Orange are doing my head too

Due an upgrade and they havent got no decent phones in stock

Ask about the K750i and am told I'll have to pay £69.99

FFS, new customers on a £30pm tariff get the phone for free and I pay over £45 every month

Guest mupwangle

I wanted an M500 and the supply shortages started a month before my contract was up. Bought an S110 on O2. Phoned Orange to cancel my contract, got someone in retentions and they didn't even ask why I was leaving or ask me if I wanted to upgrade.

Guest monkeygadge

O2 sent my SIM today, should get tomorrow. Will post to let everyone know how smoothly (i hope!) the transition of changing my number over happens.

I think that Orange must be have drawn a line in the sand, and are telling employees to let people go if they mention certain tariffs because they cannot compete with them.

Guest Jamma14

I feel sorry for all you guys.

I'm a happy Orange PAYG customer with 5 free texts a day ;)

(Was an offer they did ages ago, five free texts a day forever for 20 quid).

They tried to changes it to three texts and that we had to pay 20 quid a year but others with the offer took them to court - so now as long as I keep my number they have to give me five free texts a day forever. :D

Go Orange! : P

They have quite a reasonable retention tariff in select 500 (500 x net any time, £25/month), but agreed their upgrade policy is now odder than ever. Just got my PAC code, will alas be switching over to vodaphone most likely (Stop the Clock offer sounds nice)

In my case the fellow said that I would be charged one month from when I got my PAC code on my line rental, not upto the moment it switches, so I held off ordering a replacement. A bit annoying as most of the offers finished yesterday (eg D600 15 months half price line rental.. SP5 free, 6 months half price line rental on £16 a month 1000 off peak/250 text..).

Anyone know what the actual score is on that? As soon as it switches, or 1 month from your PAC request?

Guest monkeygadge

I honestly asked the guy a few times if that was the case because I just imagined getting wacked with a month charge after using the SIM for 2 days out of 30. He was adamant that you only get charged up till the day you use your PAC. I don't believe the little b*st*rd though so I'm going to cancel my DD. :twisted:

Guest jim.mason
I wanted an M500 and the supply shortages started a month before my contract was up. Bought an S110 on O2. Phoned Orange to cancel my contract, got someone in retentions and they didn't even ask why I was leaving or ask me if I wanted to upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had to do exactly the same thing and haven't looked back since.

I had been with orange for a good couple of years prior to the smartphone scene then got hooked.

However, I never did an upgrade as I wasn't bothered with keeping my number, so always cancelled and started a new contract. This way I was able to get some good deals.

I had exactly the same from retentions, didn't even ask why or offer anything to try to make me stay.

Very happy with O2.

Jim

i am starting to wonder what they are going to say when i want to upgrade in jan... i am on a Orange Premier tarrif so wonder if i will be any 'better' treated?

Guest Honest John

I am with Orange and have been for some time. I, too, don't upgrade, but go for the best deal at the time and change my number.

However, in my work capacity, I have to deal with O2 and Vodafone for the company mobiles. (O2 gives the best Group plan minutes when you need 10,000 per month). I also have friends who are on other networks and I get involved with their mobile problems

Be aware that you have to pay to call O2 support. I am not sure about Vodafone. (It's a bit rich having to pay to complain or sort things out).

Also, O2 insist that if you switch to them, you transfer your number at the same time. They can't do it after the event. Personally, I have found them totallu bureaucratic and rigid to deal with, as well as making cock-ups. Also, I had to change some of my Blackberry devices to Vodafone as the users kept on losing signal.

Don't forget, the best contractor is always the one you have just engaged and the worst was the one you engaged last time.

Guest beauchambers
I feel sorry for all you guys.

I'm a happy Orange PAYG customer with 5 free texts a day ;)

(Was an offer they did ages ago, five free texts a day forever for 20 quid).

They tried to changes it to three texts and that we had to pay 20 quid a year but others with the offer took them to court - so now as long as I keep my number they have to give me five free texts a day forever. :D

Go Orange! : P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call 450 Option 2 then 2 and ask for the Free Evening Calls for 5 years you can have that two

Guest chucky.egg

Charges when using a PAC should be a proprtion of the monthly bill up until the transfer takes place - so:

((£30 per month)/30)*(days between billing date & transfer date)

Beware though - I've transfered an O2 number to Orange (opposite to what people are talking about here) and had all sorts of problems such as SMS never delivered, unable to receive incoming calls, callers getting "this number is not in use" :shock:

Guest monkeygadge

Sounds like I'm in for a barrel of laughs!!

Oh no what have i done :shock: Keep my number but now it's not in use! :cry: Undeliverable SMSx1000 :cry: Pay as you complain :cry:

Oh Well, at least I don't have to listen to that posh Orange slapper anymore. ;)

O2 sent my SIM today, should get tomorrow. Will post to let everyone know how smoothly (i hope!) the transition of changing my number over happens.

I think that Orange must be have drawn a line in the sand, and are telling employees to let people go if they mention certain tariffs because they cannot compete with them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

I think you might be on to something with your second comment - I mentioned three different tariffs from O2, Voda and Virgin to retentions and was told that there were reasons why they couldn't match any of them.

They offered me a free M500, a reduced line one package but I want built in wifi. Who else is shipping the M3000, does anyone know since Orange are still not giving anything away?

If I want a M5000, it'll cost me 89 quid and I have to stick with my expensive Business 200 package plus my Everyday 50 on line 2. Bit of a non starter, since my bill will remain around 50 quid a month including insurance.

Their business model appears to be shed the deal makers and geeks and hold onto those who pay their bill month in month out and don't shop around. Oh well.

If it weren't for my Everyday 50 (free calls weekend and evening to national landlines and all Orange phones for 9.50 pm) on line 2 it'd be a very easy move to make.

Guest mcwarre
If it weren't for my Everyday 50 (free calls weekend and evening to national landlines and all Orange phones for 9.50 pm) on line 2 it'd be a very easy move to make.

I hung onto my E50 tarriff for dear life. I was going to sell it but I wanted to keep the number. Eventually, I got so fed up that I am willing to bin it and O can shove it.......

Yet another peed off customer. :twisted:

I just ordered Vodafone as I reckon that the stop the clock offer looked as good as the everyday 50 was (I'm on the £25 a month Orange Select 500 package - 500 xnet anytime calls).

Clock stops at 3 minutes for up to an hour when making calls on evening and weekend, bargain.

Plus you can get a wizard or typhoon cheap from somewhere like phones2udirect.net or buymobilephones.net. I ordered a Qtek 9100 from the former, waiting to find out when it'll ship (probably out of stock, they're pretty bad on updating that ;)).

Guest monkeygadge

Okay for those of you who are interested I got my O2 SIM today.

I also got a letter from Orange saying basically this:

Were sorry you are leaving, remember that we have fantastic deals and we will match any-

non promotional tariffs
-and if you do decide to stay with us then you will have to phone us.

The important bit I reckon is the bit that says

Please be aware that any outstanding balances need to be paid before the port takes place. If not the account maybe disconnected for non payment before the port date. This may then affect your ability to port the number

But also:

Your service plan is billed one month in advance. Your next bill will show a credit for any line rental for the period following disconnection

So I went straight onto the O2 website and set up the port of my number. O2 processing, will get back to me with port date.

Goodbye Orange!

I'll keep everyone posted.......... ;)