October has passed and the C600 isn't available!

Guest trevormuk

Guest Disco Stu
???

:-k =;  [-X  [-( 

No way hose!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you mean 'hose' as in garden implement or 'Jose' (ho-say) as in the Spanish name ? :D ;)

Back on topic, now off to follow up vwilsonuk's report that the C600 is listed at Orange.

Anyone had an order accepted yet ?

Guest vwilsonuk
well, i cant see it listed on the personal site yet (only the business)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It wouldn't surprise me if it is only listed for business customers for a while. C500 only used to be available for business customers when I looked at it just over a year ago.

You can have a business tariff for just one user, mind, and it doesn't look too bad (though worth remembering the prices they're quoting don't include VAT). I need to have a conversation with an Orange shop dude and see what opening a business account involves.

Guest adjonline

I did it recently. It was fairly simple - have to send a copy of a business cheque book and a business letterhead to Orange's fax number (which I do have somewhere - if you call 345 they will give it to you).

A

Guest vwilsonuk
I did it recently. It was fairly simple - have to send a copy of a business cheque book and a business letterhead to Orange's fax number (which I do have somewhere - if you call 345 they will give it to you).

A

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm. Not impressed. Sole traders don't have business cheque books.

Spoke to a guy in Orange in Birmingham Bull Ring on Saturday. He said he thought it was a phone they would bring out on personal tariffs, and that if this was the case they would be driving to get it out before Christmas for obvious reasons. If its only going to be a business phone they probably won't be working so hard on timescales.

Am starting to get a bit frustrated with this now - they announced this bl00dy ages ago, filling the market with noise about what great products you'll release then never delivering is surely the retail equivalent of vapourware.

Guest Disco Stu

An accountant writes...

Careful that they don't start charging you business bank charge rates when you ask them for a business name on your cheque books ;)

Guest adjonline

£3/month (HSBC standard fee) is worth it just for the free Orange Care...! Plus HSBC Business Banking is free for the first twelve months.

But Single Number was the important thing. E200 (soon to be C600 hopefully) working with M2000 is great for me.

But thanks for the warning ;)