M5000 Available For Upgrades

Guest rickyburke

Guest rickyburke

Terry at Orange Upgrades just called me back, informed me Orange have launched the phone today, and i'm eligible for a free upgrade, its being delivered friday.

Get in while there's stock guys!

Guest rickyburke

around £100ish, sometimes more, rarely less, lol

but one person said id have to pay at least £100 for an upgrade, but i left a message with retentions to call when it was released to see what they could offer me, but at the same time requested to be disconnected.

Ok cool, I pay just under £50pm

Probably means that I would have to pay a hefty price for it as an upgrade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mines ordered for delivery tomorrow.

Im on premier 400 monthly spend av £70 £149.99 upgrade fee, asked for PAC code and it was discounted to free.

Guest eggedd2k

just been told our upgrade price should be around £150.i'm getting a call back later to confirm. apparently we are classed as a high usage customer which is good news.

Guest nowimboard

Bunch of tommy tankers!

Keep me waiting for the blasted phone for so flipping long and they aren't going to even let me have it for what they said they would!

They told me I could have teh M5000 for £50 roughly. Just called up and they told me £200 is the lowest they could offer me. Told them that o2 have the handset for £140 and they she didn't even batter an ear lid.

Bye bye 0range you bunch of fookers!

Guest philtech44
Mines ordered for delivery tomorrow.

Im on premier 400 monthly spend av £70 £149.99 upgrade fee, asked for PAC code and it was discounted to free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whats the PAC code for?

anybody?

Guest dazza12

PAC stands for Port Authorisation Code.

When you transfer to another network and want to keep your number, you need to ask for a PAC code. This means the new network are able to request your number from the old network.

Guest philtech44
PAC stands for Port Authorisation Code.

When you transfer to another network and want to keep your number, you need to ask for a PAC code. This means the new network are able to request your number from the old network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O I C

thanks Dazza12

Call orange upgrades earlier today, was quote 149.99 as the best price

Went through to retentions, got it free, after quoting T-mobiles web and walk tarrif and that fact that I spend 60-70 a month.

Should be here tomorow , just before my holiday. ;)

Orange are a joke....

... after being told (today 14:00) by an Orange shop that they still had no information about the M5000, I took my cue from this forum and called "Upgrades":

Despite my ten years or so and c.£200 per month use, the upgrade was quoted to me as £199.99 for the M5000.

I politely said no thanks, and can you give me a PAC code - a bloody phone is free at O2 for a new customer on a cheaper tariff! The lady put me through to another department - presumably the last-ditch customer retention office. They then offered me an upgrade for £14.99!

O.k., I took the £14.99 M5000........ but what sort of idiot customer service is this? - are Orange just turned into a group of market traders out to fleece as much as possible from their customers, to te point they start asking for PAC codes???!!!

Guest Markda2000

Just spent an age on the phone with retentions. They can offer me a free upgrade on the M5000 but can not budge on the tariffs, they cannot include a data bundle like Tmobile do and the data packages they do have are over priced. The best I can see to do is jump ship.

Has anyone had a reduction in price on voice or data?

Edited by Markda2000

Guest nowimboard
Orange are a joke....

... after being told (today 14:00) by an Orange shop that they still had no information about the M5000, I took my cue from this forum and called "Upgrades":

Despite my ten years or so and c.£200 per month use, the upgrade was quoted to me as £199.99 for the M5000.

I politely said no thanks, and can you give me a PAC code - a bloody phone is free at O2 for a new customer on a cheaper tariff! The lady put me through to another department - presumably the last-ditch customer retention office. They then offered me an upgrade for £14.99!

O.k., I took the £14.99 M5000........ but what sort of idiot customer service is this? - are Orange just turned into a group of market traders out to fleece as much as possible from their customers, to te point they start asking for PAC codes???!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are youa business user?

They gave me a dicount and the phone STILL came to £199! I've gone to O2 now. I feel dirty and scared though :S

Guest eggedd2k

£149 is what we've been told as business customers. We're waiting now and only going to deal with our orange business contact the guy that sorted out our contract.

Orange really are a classic example of a company that doesnt give a crap about you once you're a customer.

Guest VulakAerr

I ate the £150 charge. I just WANT MY BLOODY PHONE! Not going to argue because I want to fiddle with my GPRS tarrifs too. Should be arriving tomorrow apparently.

Every MoDaCo member on Orange must be waiting to upgrade to the M5000 - I've been trying to get through to upgrades for ages and it's either engaged or I just get cut off :?:

Lemme at one, gotta.......get......one......today..... ;)

Every MoDaCo member on Orange must be waiting to upgrade to the M5000 - I've been trying to get through to upgrades for ages and it's either engaged or I just get cut off  :?:

Lemme at one, gotta.......get......one......today..... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GET IN THERE!!!!!

Got through, was quoted £199.99, so I said "Too much, can I get a PAC code please"....and five minutes later, I've bought me one for £14.99, which should arrive tomorrow :D

Luvvin' it, luvvin' it :D

Mark.

Guest Larnsky

In all honesty i was too excited to hear that the phone was released to bother with the whole PAC code thing. So i scooped up the cost! At the end of they day, imagine going down your local shop and buying a PDA that powerful, you're going to pay a pretty penny for it! So i'm not too worried about forking out for it.... although in retrospect i could have just saved myself a fair bit of money!

yes but there's no point asking for a pac code unless you're contract is due for renewal or has expired.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you ask for a pac code to try and get a better price are you commited to leaving if you're not offered one?

Guest Larnsky
If you ask for a pac code to try and get a better price are you commited to leaving if you're not offered one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, i believe you can cancel it within 30 days, but they may call your bluff and not give you any extra discount!

Guest dazza12

If you don't use your PAC code within 30 days, it just expires. Once you go to another network and give them the code, that's when Orange know you are leaving.