M5000 Available For Upgrades

Guest rickyburke

I had 2x M5000's come through on Thursday.

I had 1x everyday 50 tariff and 1x Select 500 Tariff.

I got 1 free and the other cost £9.99

I also upgraded the tariff for both contracts to £50 per month, 800 minutes with 100 texts, 60minute video calls and free mb on gprs!

and to top it off, my video cam on one of the m5000's had gone faulty on sunday afternoon and recieved a replacement this morning!!!

Orange r0ck ;)

Guest iwilliams
An update for those who, like myself, haven't yet upgraded to the SPV M5000 (I was unfortunate enough to call on the morning that they ran out of upgrade stock): having spoken to two CSRs at Orange Premier today, I've been informed twice that the new upgrade stock is expected "in two weeks".  Needless to say, I'm not a happy bunny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I phoned today at 9:22 am and got a upgrade m5000 no problem

I have 16 months left to run on my M500 contract... any ideas on what I am going to pay to get the M5000?

Usualy spend 40-60 pounds a month. Been with Orange since 96/97

Looks like I am going to have to wait... ;)

Guest adamski

Two problems with mine that was delivered today...

One.. it didn't work!!

NOTHING....the charger wouldn't charge it, the Sync cable wouldn't charge it.....it was an ex phone!

Two... IT HAS HOMESCREEN!

Why did nobody mention this?

WHY!?!?!

anyway, because it's broken the whole thing is going back... can someone confirm that it has the pile of poo homescreen or not? This will help me decide if I keep it/get another or not?

I tried getting Orange to help but they were useless as usual!!...PLEASE can someone who understands more than texting get a job there? :?:

Guest Pondrew
i think most stores have them now dont they? our local store called me earlier to arrange an m5000 for a colleague. said they've got plenty in stock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Orange store in Oxford didn't have any yesterday...

Guest Chumley
The Orange store in Oxford didn't have any yesterday...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to add area stock information (albeit slightly dated), the Orange shop in Watford (Hertfordshire) didn't have any M5000 in stock as of last Tuesday midday (8th November).

Guest afhstingray

yeesh...

i think i got mine in the nick of time! i called up orange upgrades the day before people said they were out of stock.

remember the m2000 fiasco where there was a massive shortage of devices? You'd think they'd have learnt their lesson.......

Guest Pondrew
...remember the m2000 fiasco where there was a massive shortage of devices? You'd think they'd have learnt their lesson.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course, it COULD be the HTC supply side letting down Orange rather then lack of foresight on their part ;)

Guest thelondonthing
Of course, it COULD be the HTC supply side letting down Orange rather then lack of foresight on their part ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In which case Orange should think about negotiating better deals with HTC, or placing their orders for handsets a bit earlier, because T-Mobile, O2 and i-Mate don't ever seem to have these issues, whereas they are clearly the norm for Orange. Worse, there always seems to be a surplus of stock for new personal connections and all business and enterprise customers, yet existing customers are forced to wait for weeks on end to get a handset that everyone else has been able to get for ages, whether on new connections, or other more customer-focused networks.

I'm so bored with Orange now, and the few advantages that Orange hold over other networks are starting to look less and less significant with each new excuse, lie or inaccurate comment that i hear from the useless customer service team.

Orange really are joke sometimes!

Spoke to someone yesterday in retentions and managed to get a lowest price of £105 (this is after speaking to the upgrades dept. and being quoted £199.99). When it came to arranging the upgrade, I was toild it was out of stock.

So, having read elsewhere that someone has upgraded today, I called upgrades and asked if they have them in stock. At this point I was told yes ,we have them in. Ok, so I said I would like to go ahead with the upgrade as quoted yesterday.

The guy put me on hold while he spoke to the retentions team, then came back and said I will be called back in the next few days as retentions "are on a different stock".

Why do I bother? Why do I not just tell them to keep their stock and port to another network?

Damn Orange!

Finally spoke to someone who knows what they are doing - it's on it's way.

I find it hard to believe the stock situation changed overnight though... on a Sunday!

Roll on Tuesday / Wednesday!

Edited by xspyda

Guest captainsensible

Glad I found this thread!!! Just phoned Orange and was quoted £149.99 for an upgrade, which was reduced to FREE when I asked for a PAC code - hopefully will get it tomorrow! Result!!!

Guest zarquon

I spoke again to the business line (345) for the likely price on an upgrade and was told £379 again. :)

What the lady did tell me is that they assess the amount of subsidy to give a handset by the individual number, not the overall business account.

I have done a little checking of our bills and (all following figures are monthly averages) of the £175 a month we spend, over the last year I only account for about £23.50 of it, and £14.50 is the line rental. So the extra gross income from me is £108 over the year.

Now given that a Hewlett Packard HW6515 (granted not 3g but has built in gps) is £429 from an authorised trade distributor, I doubt that Orange get much change out of £400 for each M5000

This could explain why you have to work hard to get the price down.

All figures inclusive of VAT

Edited by zarquon

Guest stanthebiker
I doubt that Orange get much change out of £400 for each M5000

This could explain why you have to work hard to get the price down.

All figures inclusive of VAT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yet T-Mobile were willing to give me a MDA Pro for £150 on a £35 a month contract over 18 months with a 50% discount on 9 of those months.

My personal figures showed that I could switch to T-Mobile on Web'n'Walk 200 and over 18 months end up spending just £66 more than if I stayed with Orange on my current contract and handset! Thats before we get into the 40Mb inclusive data that you get with Web'n'nWalk, etc.

Seeing as Orange werent budging from quoting me £249.99 for an M5000 upgrade, it didnt take too long for me to jump ship.

Guest zarquon
Seeing as Orange werent budging from quoting me £249.99 for an M5000 upgrade, it didnt take too long for me to jump ship.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would agree jumping ship on price, but it the other bits and pieces, orange email and the text alerts, knowing the way round their support, the £4 unlimited GPRS we have and the fact it is a company phone. It would be so much easier if I didn't have a use for an M5000