how do you access the sd card?

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

am I just thick? (don't comment on that hehe) but how the hell do you access the sd card? the only way tht I can do it is by ejecting the card and the plugging it back in.

ps. finaly got the phone to day so i'm hands on at last :( :( went to work had a meeting and was told to go home as the company has decided to shut so that's 70 people out on their ears :cry: oh well keep :D

Guest awarner [MVP]

wav files and the sheep.cab sound file from the orange site (sad I know)

but what ever folder I put them into I do not seem to get any joy.

Is there some sort of explorer option? or is it just the orandge sd card being a pain? :?

Just launch Windows Media Player and it should search for files it can play on your Smartcard and in the "My Documents" folder on the phone. Even if files are in subfolders WMP picks them up.

There is a demo of the All-Explorer program which allows you to browse the card, but you shouldn't really need to - the phone is quite smart at working out what you want from the card depending on the program you are running.

If you install programs on the card then the Programs menu will launch it from the card. The only annoying thing is installing the programs in the first place. The supplied card has an autolanching program with runs as soon as you insert the card, so that's one way. If you download a program (usually in CAB format) and want to install it you have two options:

1) Use All-Explorer

2) Save it on IPSMWindowsStart Menu instead of on the SD card. Now you will be able to select it from the Programs menu. Once you run this installer program it should ask you where you want to install it (phone or card) and will then install it and delete itself from the start menu.

On the formatting issue. I haven't had to format the SD card I got, but I would imagin if you did the phone should be able to format it for you.

Barry

If you have the phone in the cradle, just right click the active sync icon on your task bar and choose 'explore'. The mem card is the folder called 'storage card' or so.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Ok downloaded the explorer program and by using it wav files are now accessable as are wma!! :( I'm back in the real world but wav files are not automatically found

I agree with Cent things can oly get better :D