Has anyone got Tomtom working on imate SP5?

Guest duncan888

Guest duncan888

Can anyone confirm that TomTom 5 work on a Imate SP5 with the registry hack posted on this forum.

I have a Imate Jam at the moment and want to move to a smaller phone. If i get the SP5 I will be selling the Jam, so I need to know if nagivation will work on it.

Thanks!

Guest UniqueTouch
Can anyone confirm that TomTom 5 work on a Imate SP5 with the registry hack posted on this forum.

I have a Imate Jam at the moment and want to move to a smaller phone.  If i get the SP5 I will be selling the Jam, so I need to know if nagivation will work on it.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to try this tool tonight...

http://www.mobilenetswitch.com/TTqvga/

Will let you know the results. What i've read you need to reboot the phone after you finished using tomtom.

Guest gilesjuk
is the Imate SP5 application locked? or is that just Orange phones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, not sure what level of lock it has. But I know that the two registry entries that require tweaking wouldn't change before unlocking the phone with the SDA app unlock tool.

Guest UniqueTouch
Thanks, I'll look forward to your results!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Duncan,

I couldn't get TomTom to run!

It kept hanging at the "I Agree" screen.

I even hard reset and installed only TomTom and TTQVGA to test.

Still same!

GRRRRRR What a waste of time.

Has anyone else tried and been successfull?

Guest gilesjuk
Hi Duncan,

I couldn't get TomTom to run!

It kept hanging at the "I Agree" screen.

I even hard reset and installed only TomTom and TTQVGA to test.

Still same!

GRRRRRR What a waste of time.

Has anyone else tried and been successfull?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does work!!

Your problem is a bug in Tomtom5, it looks for a file in \My Documents\Tom Tom and locks up if there isn't one, place any file in there and it will get past the I agree screen.

Guest UniqueTouch
It does work!!

Your problem is a bug in Tomtom5, it looks for a file in \My Documents\Tom Tom and locks up if there isn't one, place any file in there and it will get past the I agree screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? OK...what file can I place in there as an example?

Guest gilesjuk
Really? OK...what file can I place in there as an example?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anything, a photo, text file anything.

http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t222686.html

Quoth:

"this is almost right: there has indeed to be a folder \storage\my documents\tomtom, and it has to have AT LEAST one file in it, doesn't matter how you call it. You could even copy a MP3 in it and delete after the first tomtom-run."

Guest UniqueTouch
Anything, a photo, text file anything.

http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t222686.html

Quoth:

"this is almost right: there has indeed to be a folder \storage\my documents\tomtom, and it has to have AT LEAST one file in it, doesn't matter how you call it. You could even copy a MP3 in it and delete after the first tomtom-run."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tom Man Giles!! That did the trick!! It's loading ok now. Thanks a lot mate.

Duncan, I'll be going out tonight so I'll test out TomTom in the car and how it does.

Guest UniqueTouch

Duncan,

I tried out TomTom Mobile 5 on my i-mate sp5 and using TTQVGA it worked prefectly.

It worked exactly like TomTom Navigator 5 on my XDAIIs - in fact I think I prefer it on my sp5 as the screen is so SHARP!

I found no problems with using it and the application ran smoothly.

I did find that it tried to take me different routes compared to my other version (maybe map is different or I need to configure the routing options).

Until TomTom release the patch the only major annoyance is that you have to run TTQVGA first which changes screen res settings, reboots the device and runs TomTom. Once you quit TomTom, TTQVGA will change the screen res settings back and reboot the device again.

If you select no to rebooting, then you are stuck with a dodgy screen res and blocky icons appearing on the icon bar. You have to go through the procedure again or use regedit to change res settings manually and reboot.

Hope that helps mate.

Guest duncan888

Thanks, Thats great, don't mind using TTQVGA, at least it works.

SP5 has now been ordered, just got the long wait for stock to arrive ;).

Imate Jam going on ebay!

Guest UniqueTouch

SP5 has now been ordered, just got the long wait for stock to arrive :D.

Imate Jam going on ebay!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good choice mate! I had the XDAIIs and my collegaue bought a Jam when I got my sp5.

He is now well gutted!! The screen is awesome and all the usefull apps on the Jam are available on the sp5 (plus it has wifi!!)

Having being an regular user of a Pocket PC, I've found the switch to Smartphone really great! Loveing the size and usabilty of my device. Before I used to hate using the phone and text messaging. These are now my favourite features ;)

Guest gilesjuk
Good choice mate! I had the XDAIIs and my collegaue bought a Jam when I got my sp5.

He is now well gutted!! The screen is awesome and all the usefull apps on the Jam are available on the sp5 (plus it has wifi!!)

Having being an regular user of a Pocket PC, I've found the switch to Smartphone really great! Loveing the size and usabilty of my device. Before I used to hate using the phone and text messaging. These are now my favourite features ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a PocketPC before I had a Smartphone, the PPC was so clunky and it's covered in dust now. It was mainly used for GPS.

The Smartphone OS is better and you don't need both hands to use it.

Guest duncan888

I had a SPV C500 before the Imate Jam, which I really liked, but the dust and joystick annoyed me a bit. So I moved to the Jam, but now want a smaller phone, and something with wifi, the SP5 is perfect.

Guest gilesjuk
I had a SPV C500 before the Imate Jam, which I really liked, but the dust and joystick annoyed me a bit.  So I moved to the Jam, but now want a smaller phone, and something with wifi, the SP5 is perfect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The rocker aint so bad, there's times I prefer it over the Sp5 stick, but on the whole the SP5 is better ;)

I cured the dust on mine, but that did require taking it to bits.

Guest someone
Expect an update for TomTom5 this month (if all goes well)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great news!

Where did you get ths information and can you tell us more about it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vrslider

SP5 has now been ordered, just got the long wait for stock to arrive :).

Imate Jam going on ebay!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My tomtom is now also working okay ------only-------- i need to reactivate my maps and cant seem to do this?? any idea's how to work around this ??

Guest vrslider

HI Guys, I installed the new update 5.2 and the screen is now ok!, but i still cant launch any maps as i need to "reactivate" them, does anybody know how i can work around this, i have ( on my SP5) no luck getting this to work..

Please help !