Mooving from a Blue Angel to the Wizard (Vario)

Guest nforsans

Guest nforsans

Hi. I've been very happy with my Blue Angel on O2, the XdaIIS.

I am tempted to go for the Wizard on TMobile, aka the Mario.

Is it a rational thing to do, or would you judge the Blue Angel to be a superior device?

The Wizard is very cheap on TMobile in the UK -free on Web'n'walk 200 with half price line rental for 9months out of 18-, BUT it's got a slower processor, it is smaller than the XdaIIs...

Its smaller size may be an advantage, with the additional advantage of the sliding screen when the keyboard is open + what some say "the best keyboard" on the market at present -except maybe the Universal- -definitely an improvement on the Blue Angel.

What do you think? Should I go for the Wizard? Or stick with the BA?

I would go with the Wizard. Its smaller and has all the same features that the Blue Angel has. As for the slower processor, its been proven that the Wizards cpu performs excellent. You must remember that for cpus these days, speed isnt everything.

Guest Pondrew

I'm not so sure... I'd say by all means if you're due an upgrade or are out of contract but I'm actually pretty happy with my Blue Angel and think I've decided I'm not willing to pay to replace it nor double up on my existing tariff.

When I used the Wizard the other day I was both impressed but also DISMAYED at how small it was. The pictures really don't represent how small and phone like the device is! I couldn't help noticing how tiny the screen was in comparison with the Blue Angels. And how strange the telescopic stylus is, seeming short even when extended. Can't help wondering how much PDA functionality (handwriting, etc) will be compromised by both.

Having said that the Wizards keyboard was very impressive indeed, felt much better designed then the blister arrangement the Blue Angel has, and the brushed metal effect on the front of the MDA Vario is very smart indeed.

So, I'd say go with form factor and whether you can afford to splash out on a new device/contract. For those with an upgrade coming they could choose a far worse device...

Guest MitchellO

I had the Xda II Mini before the K-JAM, and found the smaller screen to be better. I just think it looks better than the 3.5" screen with same res.

And yes, the keyboard is very good, and the processor is nothing to worry about. It performs just as well as my Mini did.