Wizard cheapest price watch !

Guest tecinv

Guest mattgod69
I installed the O2 software first. Using the Orange sim allows incoming and outgoing calls.  There is no indication of the network in use, just says O2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

firstly, happy new year to you all! it does say orange if you click on the signal strength bar, so you know what you are using. by the way, I am loving this fone, and this is posted from my wizard!

Guest generationgav

In the January 06 guide from the O2 shop on page 33 the O2 XDA Exec is listed as free on any business tariff of £45 and above and £99.99 on all other business tariffs (this brochure is freely available from any O2 shop in case the O2 staff don't believe you when you ask for this deal)

The cheapest available business tariff is the standalone Data 5 tariff at £9.40 per month inc VAT (£8 per month ex VAT) which has a minimum term committment of 12 months. Furthermore, if you trade in an old phone when you get the XDA Exec then you will receive a cheque back for £50 within 28 days.

So that's £168 for a nice XDA Exec.

Edited by generationgav

Guest stu_lowe2003

hi.

Finally managed to convince someone at the local o2 shop that they can do it and got my xda mini s on data 5 total cost £172. Absolute bargain, they must be making a loss on these.

Interestingly they are still saying £199 for the exec on data 5.

Managed to get all the o2 crap off it using a hard reset and then using corporate settings.

To anyone setting up for the first time I highly recommend three bits of software. First Pocket Informant to replace the standard calender, tasks and contacts software. Next install Pocket spb+ to setup some useful stuff on the homescreen (and also as it then makes progs actually close) and finally try out Resco Explorer, within minutes I had that mapping my network drives and wirelessly streaming mp3s to the phone.

So far, very impressed.

Stu

Plenty of people have managed to get the Exec at £99 on Data 5, plus the £50 trade-in (see here). Guess it all depends on your approach and how the store manager's feeling that day...

Guest craighome
Plenty of people have managed to get the Exec at £99 on Data 5, plus the £50 trade-in (see here). Guess it all depends on your approach and how the store manager's feeling that day...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck trying to get that tariff, I'm now told on the data 5 tariff th3 xda exec is £239.99. That original offer expired on New years eve.

Good luck trying to get that tariff, I'm now told on the data 5 tariff th3 xda exec is £239.99. That original offer expired on New years eve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually it's 229.99 (but with £50 trade in still available). Dunno where you got the New Years Eve story though - the "original offer" was never intentional. All academic now anyway, all the stores have been told by Head Office today to obliterate the "99 on all other tariffs" bit in every sales brochure.

Looks like a fair few were lucky, judging by the number brand new Execs now on eBay!

Guest craighome
Actually it's 229.99 (but with £50 trade in still available). Dunno where you got the New Years Eve story though - the "original offer" was never intentional. All academic now anyway, all the stores have been told by Head Office today to obliterate the "99 on all other tariffs" bit in every sales brochure.

Looks like a fair few were lucky, judging by the number brand new Execs now on eBay!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes - you are exactly right that new years eve comment was from a member of o2 sales staff who I think was trying to fob me off.

Unofficially, from a member of o2 staff - an email has gone round all o2 shops advising them to destroy all old Jan 06 brochures due to a number of mistakes in them including the exec.

I've got one now anyway on £149.99 and the Online 50 12 month tariff (£19 per month) and I'm very happy with it.

O2 retrospectively phoned me today to say they would honour the deal if I could bring the brochure in which I have since binned. I think they were doing me a favour though and I don't think this will be honoured elsewhere

Craig