New SP5/SP5m ROM?

Guest gilesjuk

Guest saldous

I emailed Qtek support, they were less than helpful saying they only support phones sold in Finland and I should contact my mobile phone seller. I know for a fact Phones2UDirect will not have a copy of this so where do we go next?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest schriss
I emailed Qtek support, they were less than helpful saying they only support phones sold in Finland and I should contact my mobile phone seller. I know for a fact Phones2UDirect will not have a copy of this so where do we go next?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried registering on various Qtek websites, but always get error about invalid IMEI number, that I should contact person who lod me the phone - QTEK Support sucks. Why didn't I buy I-Mate....

Anyway, I'm going to flash I-Mate SP5 ROM if I will not be able to find Qtek ROM with new update from Microsoft that is announced for 1Q2006

Qtek ROMs are probably here:

ftp://ftp.qtekuk.com/

ftp://ftp.qtek.nu/

I tried registering on various Qtek websites, but always get error about invalid IMEI number, that I should contact person who lod me the phone - QTEK Support sucks. Why didn't I buy I-Mate....

Anyway, I'm going to flash I-Mate SP5 ROM if I will not be able to find Qtek ROM with new update from Microsoft that is announced for 1Q2006

Qtek ROMs are probably here:

ftp://ftp.qtekuk.com/

ftp://ftp.qtek.nu/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The IMEI usually encodes country in it too. But i suspect thats not the issue, the qtek imei's probably have a different equipment id in there.

Incidentally there doesnt seem to be a db of the actual imei's, only those registered. So re-registering the same imei won't work but simply changing 1 digit does. Stupid really, and makes the whole process rather worthless.

Guest schriss
The IMEI usually encodes country in it too.  But i suspect thats not the issue, the qtek imei's probably have a different equipment id in there.

Incidentally there doesnt seem to be a db of the actual imei's, only those registered.  So re-registering the same imei won't work but simply changing 1 digit does.  Stupid really, and makes the whole process rather worthless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After I put my IMEI and try to register, Qtek website says that it accepts IMEIs from certain vendor only.

Anyway, I'm going to use I-Mate ROM as soon as there is a new one.

Best thing would be to get any old Qtek ROM and keep it just in case. Or make a backup. I remember it was possible to make a ROM backup for WM2003 Mitac Mio 8390 using RAPI Tools...

• 2 months later...
Guest DANNYPRO45

Hi.... every one ..

i have just joined this forum...

i have down loaded the new rom for i-mate sp5 on to my pc but every time i try to install it to my mobile the pc is asking for new NBF

can any one please tell me how to go about this..

at this movement my SP in dead...

the display is as follow's

the screen is on all the time and displays four colours

red/green/blue/white

none of the keys work - if take the battry off and put it it back on the same prob still is there...

any help would appricated.... 8)

Guest DANNYPRO45
What new ROM? There is no new ROM for SP5(m) available yet so what ROM are you trying to load on your phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i-mate_SP5_WWE_1.5.331.4.exe

;)

SP5 not SP5(m)

Edited by DANNYPRO45

Guest roma0803

That's the original 2005 ROM and most likely the one that is preinstalled on your phone. Why would you want to load that one?

Just to make sure: You are trying to load it to a SP5?

Guest DANNYPRO45
That's the original 2005 ROM and most likely the one that is preinstalled on your phone. Why would you want to load that one?

Just to make sure: You are trying to load it to a SP5?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

8)

I cleared my storage and my SP5 got stuck...

Guest Gnuig
Hi.... every one ..

i have just joined this forum

i-mate_SP5_WWE_1.5.331.4.exe

;)

I just love these newbie posts... I actually came here looking for a new SP5/SP5m rom.

Danny -> Try reading the threads (and dates) before posting questions.

Also, there have been a few similar posts...

White screen

and

Frozen on startup screen

Sooooo, try using the search!

... you can many times find the answer, or at least a lot of options...

Do a Hard Reset

Else, you should try starting a new thread! Best way to get help for any serious problems.

Anyway, welcome to MoDaCo and congrats with your SP5!

I get my 8310 later this week, "officially"... after having had to do a "hard" return on it ;) ) later this week. Cool!

Cheers,

G.

PS.

I found this link on another site for these kind of posts:

How to ask a question ;-)

Just thought it was kindda funny! Anyway, hope the fix helped Danny.

Edited by Gnuig

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DANNYPRO45

Hi.... every one ..

at this movement my SP in dead...

the display is as follow's

the screen is on all the time and displays four colours

red/green/blue/white

none of the keys work - if take the battry off and put it it back on the same prob still is there...

any help would appricated.... 8)

i still have not been able to get my phone back online....

Guest roma0803

Take the battery off and put it back in (just to make sure it is completely off). Press both softkeys and keep um pressed when turing on the phone. Softkeys are the two keys left and right that normally operate the function shown in your display. Keep em pressed and turn on the phone. This should trigger a hard reset and put your phone back in factory settings.

Guest Advent

Keypad Light Timing:

The timeout of the keypad light can now be set. There is a utility in the 'Utilities' section of the SP5m support pages that will let you set it. Note that setting the keypad light over 8 seconds will cause significant reduction in battery life.

Only sp5m?