SPV M2000 WI FI

Guest roger4607

Guest roger4607

My SPV M2000 is unlocked and I am on T mobile. Since I got it I can not get the Wi Fi connection to work. When I turn it on it says scanning network, however, it cant see my home network even if I add it in manually. Is it possible for the orange settings to be stopping it working, or has anyone any ideas about how to reload the wi fi drivers etc without dong a hard reset as firstly this doesnt work and secondly it keeps loading the orange stuff every time i hard reset. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest Pondrew

So has your M2000 never detected ANY wifi network? No matter where you are? Or is it a connection problem where you detect the network but can't connect/browse the internet through it?

Guest roger4607
So has your M2000 never detected ANY wifi network? No matter where you are? Or is it a connection problem where you detect the network but can't connect/browse the internet through it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has never picked up a wireless network, all it says in the status box is "Scanning Network"

Guest Pondrew

Sounds faulty. Have you been able to hook up with anyone else who has a wifi enabled device, preferably an M2000, and compare notes? Because if it's definately not picking up any wifi networks at all it sounds faulty.

Last resort before seeking a replacement from Orange would be a hard reset...

• 1 month later...
Guest DJ2liveBS

I find the wifi software that comes with the SPV M2000 shockingly poor. Get yourself a copy of wififofum or hitchhiker and then try again.

Hope this help.

DJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, there.

Just got my M2000 today. It is detecting and connecting to my wireless router (the router having broadband internet connection), but cannot browse internet in Internet Explorer using wifi rather than GPRS.

Did I wrongly suspect I could do this and can you help?

As a previous reply mentioned, I use Hitchiker. It's free and will configure your phone to use WiFi for the internet instead of trying to use GPRS. Here's a link - http://www.kasuei.com/hitchhiker/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers for the advice. Actually managed to get it working in the end with the supplied WiFi software. Really impressed, actually.