Gameboy emulator for SPV - ALPHA code

Guest spacemonkey

wondered if u have any thoughts on this strange problem?

i can use the emulator no problem and runs as it should.(thanks for the excellent piece of software) but after x times using it, it stops working and when i try to load it, it kicks me back to the home screen.

then it gets weird: after this i can no longer run any uncertified apps such as notbad or task manager.

however if i switch off, switch on. i can use my unsigned apps again no problem. but the gameboy emulator no longer works. same symptoms as above.

if i then delete the emulator from the phone and put a new copy of it on the phone everything is sweet for x amount of reboots or plays on any games until the random problem happens again??

any possible ideas ?

not really that bothered about finding a solution, just thought i'd throw it in here for discussion.

wondered if u have any thoughts on this strange problem?

i can use the emulator no problem and runs as it should.(thanks for the excellent piece of software)  but after x times using it, it stops working and when i try to load it, it kicks me back to the home screen.

then it gets weird: after this i can no longer run any uncertified apps such as notbad or task manager. 

however if i switch off, switch on. i can use my unsigned apps again no problem. but the gameboy emulator no longer works. same symptoms as above.

if i then delete the emulator from the phone and put a new copy of it on the phone everything is sweet for x amount of reboots or plays on any games until the random problem happens again??

any possible ideas ?

not really that bothered about finding a solution,  just thought i'd throw it in here for discussion.

Something happened to me today that may give a clue.

First thing to say is that I have used the Gameboy emulator a lot and have never had a problem.

Today I downloaded the new version of DoomSPV. When I copied it to the phone I forgot to power my USB hub. As a result the file when on the phone corrupted. As a result I got problems similar to yours only much worse. When I reload Doom everything was fine. It might be worth reloading the gameboy program from the web site as it may have come down to your PC corrupted.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yeah i noticed that, tried the add 5 to the end of the url value tirck though.

£ posts and no new page showing up is a bit crap though...:/

Guest chris_rothwell

i have copied the file on to spv but it says access denied, its not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

what do i do

SpaceMonkey - you are possibly the only person who can help me!!!

I am playing Zelda Links Awakening DX GameBoy Colour ROM. I got as far as having my picture taken and when it asked if I would like to print a copy I foolishly said yes! My game is now hung. I assume it is trying to print to the GameBoy Colour printer. Is there anyway you can roll back my .sav/.000 files to where I was before I said print?

Please help it took me bloody ages to get this far!

dava - Problem now sorted, and I only needed to redo a small amount I had already completed.

Thanks Very much for the help.

(and its nice to know im not the only one who tried to print!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest benjymous

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it wasn't immediately obvious

When the game is running, the home and back keys are disabled so you can't quickly get out of the game (you need to bring up the pause menu with the record button, and then exit from there)

Took me a while to work this out (perhaps editing the first post to link to the page with instructions, rather than straight to the exe would be a good idea :) )